1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Supernatural

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Cyclops, May 17, 2007.

1. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

2. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Okay so finally caught up after getting back into the show last season. I'll admit the start of this season is... Bad. There's no other way to spin it. Between the BMoL being overly superior and derogatory towards all the Winchesters have done to the stilted, awkward Mary Winchester angle it was rough to watch.

It does get better though. There's no end of the world big bad right around the corner, I mean Lucifer is still hanging around but for most of the season so far he was content to have fun and not go on a world ending spree.

The BMoL is less annoying and not as angsty or played out as it could have been and there's been a few great twists that I'm not going to spoil, especially involving Lucifer and Crowley.

It's had a lot of good standalone Monster of the week episodes too as well as a reasonably interesting overall arc so I'm in for the rest of the season at least.

3. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Eh, I've like a couple of episodes out of the season so far, but I've skipped the past three or four. I agree that the start of the season was awful(after everything those two have been through, this woman thinks she can torture them and get anywhere?) and I haven't cared for the BMoL or their involvement at all, or what they did with Lucifer.

On the fence about Mary. Glad they finally shanked a particular reaper if I remember right.

4. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

Supernatural/Scooby-Doo episode confirmed for next season. I hope they at least manage to get Frank Welker and Matthew Lilllard for Fred and Shaggy.

[​IMG]

5. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

I wonder if you could take a Supernatural-style crossroads Deal, and have Harry Potter word it so that the soul he sells is the Horcrux in his scar.

Careful phrasing would be necessary, but that soul fragment has been in Harry's head for upwards of fifteen years. I think he could make a case for adverse possession. If the demon didn't know about Riddle's horcrux, then selling the "soul that I own" would be reasonable, especially since Harry's bargain wouldn't be for the classic ten year payment plan. Harry could make it so that his Deal would look ignorant and impulsive, for instance he could ask for a weapon that kills undead or wraiths - or even demand something shiny and selfish that wouldn't serve against Riddle.

6. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

Season 13 premiered tonight and was solid. For a show this old, its impressive the quality hasn't gone over the cliff yet.

A part of the reason I found it good was that it didn't waste time on repetitive Castiel and Crowley storylines. I like the actor they have playing Jack; he's obviously been watching Mark P's performance as Lucifer.

Dean was a bit annoying this episode, but I thought Sam's role was great. The writers really need to let him be more assertive to Dean.

Lucifer was as delightful as always. On the other hand, Mary can you please go die in a fire?

7. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Can anyone sum up the high notes of the last season? What happened, who was the big bad, anything awesome happen, any must see episodes like the fanfic one?

8. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

Season 12 big bad was The British Men of Letters with a little bit of Lucifer thrown in. Lucifer episodes were okay, but The British Men of Letters episodes were meh.

The 11th episode, "Regarding Dean" is probably the closest can't miss episode. It deals with a Dean who's having severe memory loss because of a spell. It's both amusing and depressing at the same time.

Also, perhaps the last episode of the season; where both Crowley and Castiel die.

Apparantly Castiel is coming back(Shocking, I know) but the actor who plays Crowley has said his goodbyes to Supernatural fans on twitter. This could be a ruse, but hopefully, they keep at least one of the deaths. Personally, I would rather it was Castiel. It may be the last we see Crowley though.

9. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

Pilot Episode of "Wayward Sisters" premiered during a Supernatural episode. Similar to what they tried to do with Bloodlines a year or two ago.

Unlike bloodlines, I actually thought this could work. It would follow Jody Mills, Claire and the other women that have banded together.

10. Nemrut

High Score:
    I am not keeping up with the current season but a friend just linked me this and, well, it's safe to say that i will be checking that episode out at least.

The boys land in an old episode of Scooby Doo. Whether this is going to be cheesy or actually really fun, still going to watch it. About time the brothers meet actually competent people at this gig.

11. Tempest

Tempest Third Year

High Score:
    Did you watch Changing Channels from season 5, or The French Mistake from season 6? There are cheesy elements, but Supernatural makes things fun.

12. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

I'm actually kinda looking forwards to Dean's reaction to the Mystery Machine.

13. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The silly cracked out episodes are the only reason I still bother binging back up to speed every year or so. The one where the high schoolers put on the Sam and Dean play was absolutely glorious.

14. Nemrut

High Score:
    The fanfic episode was the best damn episode the show ever did. Hope this one will be of similar quality. Feeling hopeful, tbh.

15. Tempest

Tempest Third Year

High Score:
    I like the show's heavily emotional episodes (like Swan Song or Death's Door to name a few) more, but comedic episodes are up there with my favorites. The show has a good track record with them. Whenever I feel like laughing, I watch Changing Channels.

16. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

The Scooby Doo crossover episode just aired and it was glorious.

17. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

18. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

The final batch of episodes is about to start airing soon. Am I the only one still watching?

19. Sorrows

Sorrows Queen of the Flamingos Moderator

Supernatural is still on the air?

20. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    God...I think I stopped sometime in season 4 or 5, because every episode seemed to be pretty much the same? How is this show still going?