1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Supernatural

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Cyclops, May 17, 2007.

1. aAlouda

aAlouda High Inquisitor

I stopped watching like five seasons ago, but it basically continued by always introducing a new big bad at the end of each season. Like after they fought lucifer in season 5 came Eve the mother of all monsters in season six, Leviathans in Season 7, I stopped watching after they killed Death in Season 10 and introduced God's older evil sister called the Darkness as big bad for season 11.

2. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

It was supposed to end in May, but they were forced to shut down production before they could shoot the last episode. So the network decided to hold back the episodes that were already filmed and wait until the finale was filmed before airing them.

3. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

I stopped after season 11 finale. It's probably a good thing because I kept checking discussions about the show and didn't like what they did to God in the last season. I was expecting maybe some kind of twist in the end, but no, God was just a final villain and nothing more. I preferred the version that was distant, but willing to sacrifice himself to stop his sister from destroying the world.

4. Sowaka

Sowaka Second Year

God was handled perfectly in season 11, in my opinion. So I'm not much of a fan of the last season's ending and the entirety of this one.

5. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

I actually liked what they did with God. It gave stakes back to the series. I was still get annoyed at the "God keeps bringing me back" nonsense that happened to the characters. It devalued death even further than it had already been. In hindsight, all the resurrections make since now that we know they were given literal plot armour from God who wanted to keep his favorite character around.

I would have been fine if last week's episode was the final one, butI liked the series finale. It was great to see the show return to its roots and just focus on the two brothers and their bond. There was some emotional moments that hit me pretty hard, and the acting was top notch. I think this episode might have been Jared's best performance.

I love that it's a closed ending. I'd be upset if they brought back the series a few years from now and ruined it.

This has been my favorite show for 15 years. Even in the weaker seasons where it was sometimes painful to watch, it has always been the characters that kept me coming back.

It's been 15 years well spent.

6. sonder

sonder Professor

DESTIEL IS CANON IN SPANISH
    longer version

edit: I’m typing this on my Spanish keyboard. Friendship ended with English keyboard. Spanish keyboard is my best friend now.

7. Nazgoose

Nazgoose The Honky-tonk ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter DLP Gold Supporter

High Score:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA JESUS CHRIST THAT'S GREAT

I think that's the first time we've been on the right side of gay rights... ever? The memes have started pouring in and I am loving it. A few favorites:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]