1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

SURVIVOR: DLP - Outwit, Outplay, Outlast [COMPLETED]

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Zeitgeist, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

RYAN (SOMETHING) SURVIVOR(or a variant of this word)

2. Anya

Anya Harley Quinn DLP Supporter

then

N was missing there.

3. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

Oh you got it already. XD

There are still 10 mistting posts for us.

4. Anya

Survivor makes sense, yeah.

5. guljons

guljons Squib

About the 9 and 12 years.
    Maybe there is a flashback and the 12 year old is actually the start?
    Because the 12 year old bit describes his appearance, why would that be after the travel part, when he is 9 years old?

6. Anya

There should be something between :

and

7. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

S
    U and R here.

V
    I
    V
    O
    R
    ---------- Post automerged at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

I know we did this one already but I want to keep a record of complete words.

R
    Y
    A
    N
    RYAN and SURVIVOR are the two confirmed words so far.

Also, Zeit, can we keep guessing on the code till we get it right? Or do we get only a single chance?

8. Anya

Zeit is offline, I think. He said goodnight and that he was going to sleep about forty minutes ago.

9. Nae

Nae The Violent

SHIT

S----
    “Good. You’re my age, so you’ll be in Year Six,” said Eloise. “Word of advice: ask Principal Norton to keep you away from Class 6B. The homeroom teacher is horrible, and some of the kids in that class are rule-breakers.”

Eloise emphasised the last word, as if it was poisonous or forbidden. Jake shuffled his feet. This girl, with her brisk voice and red hair-band, seemed overbearing. She made him feel rather uncomfortable, to be honest.

Thankfully, Aunt Mara interrupted the conversation, before it could go any further.

“We’ll try and mention it to the Principal. And thank you for your advice,” said Aunt Mara.

T----
    “Things are cleaner in Clearview, much cleaner than our old neighbourhood in the city.” Aunt Mara put on what Jake secretly called her ‘responsible adult’ face. “You might enjoy the change of scenery. I know I do.”

Of course she would. Aunt Mara thrived on change. Indeed, she swapped jobs quicker than some women would change shoes. She and Jake wouldn’t stay in any place longer than a year, because some position at some other high school had opened up. Her official title said “High School Teacher”, but Jake speculated if her unofficial title was “Wandering Salesperson”.

G----
    Jake didn’t mention that another reason why he didn’t mind leaving Stanton was that he had frequently bumped into Linda Pope there. Unlike others, the girl seemed to remember the “freakishness”. She was quite insistent on her version of events too, even though the adults laughed it off as daydreams and childish silliness. It didn’t hurt to travel away from that unpleasantness.

Keeping one hand on the wheel, Aunt Mara massaged her temple.

F----
    And why did the officer inside look bored?

Aunt Mara parked the car in front of a grey building. Nondescript windows arrayed the building’s sides, while a tall, iron fence enclosed the boundaries. There was no roof, just a flat, square finish. A plaque at the gates indicated that the building was ‘Stonewall Primary School’.

“I thought we were going to the house and unpack our stuff,” said Jake, feeling confused.

“We need to first register you at school. I want you to start attending tomorrow,” said Aunt Mara. She unbuckled her seatbelt. “The quicker you settle in, the easier our lives will be. Now, let’s get this done and over with.”

R----
    All in all, Jake projected a non-threatening image. Nothing out of the ordinary.

A simple, twelve year-old boy.

However, first appearances were deceptive. For Jake Hilden wasn’t an ordinary boy. Indeed, unusual things had happened to Jake, for as long as he could remember. For example, when he was six, his Aunt Mara had squeezed him into an ugly, red sweater, which made him look like an overgrown tomato. A snotty girl from school – Linda Pope – had noticed and mocked him until her jaw started hurting. Jake had wanted to crawl into a hole and wish the sky to fall down, or the ground to swallow him. Anything to shut her up.

10. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

Once you think you have all puzzle pieces arranged as the full story, only then can you submit bolded guesses for the code. You can do this multiple times, but I will only confirm/deny that a code is correct once all pieces have been assembled.

If you exploit the term "multiple times" and try to go fishing, I will ignore you and/or disqualify your team. Focus more on assembling the pieces and less on cracking the codes. The puzzle pieces come first. :)

11. Anya

So the school thing comes first, awesome.

12. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

This is what I have for now. The letters separated by a "-" shouldn't have other letters in between them. Those separated by a space should have others in between them:

(maybe T)RY-AND-F U A E S(UR)VIVOR-I E A-O-D M T-R

Honestly, I don't think it's "Ryan". It's more likely it's "Try and----", IMO.

13. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

oh fuck. School thing comes first

14. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

I wasn't gonna go fishing. Sorry if that is what it seemed like. Just wanted to know if we had more than one chance to answer.

15. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

What if it's Ryan Won Survivor First?

16. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

that does make sense especially going to sleep with the pamphlet

17. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

Anyone think it's plausible? (I don't know Survivor lore)

18. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

School comes first. then house

Survivor something

19. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

And they go to school before the house? :confused:

Maybe it's HOUSE-SCHOOL-HOUSE AGAIN?

20. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Er, there has to be a part BEFORE the school thing.

Aunt Mara sat down in one of the room’s armchairs. Jake copied his aunt and lowered himself into a red armchair. The chair itself, with its black trimmings and lumpy cushions, reminded him of an open jaw. Jake felt a little nauseated. It didn’t help that the burning smell seemed to be the strongest here. Not that anybody else appeared to notice.

He has to notice the burning smell at another place, right?