1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

SURVIVOR: DLP - Outwit, Outplay, Outlast [COMPLETED]

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Zeitgeist, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Nae

Nae The Violent

Sudoku attempt #9

2. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

Sudoku Attempt 1

I hate sudoku with a passion. Also, hungover sudoku is really hard.

3. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

You must not be following my instructions properly, because I've received confirmation of Sudoku scores from everybody who's posted in this thread, except you.

4. Riley

5. Zeitgeist

Web of Sudoku concludes. The scores have been submitted...

The following are the best times logged by the castaways.

GRYFFINDOR
    Irene: 1 minute, 13 seconds
    guljons: 4 minutes, 39 seconds
    Caesar: Exile Island
    Aekiel: 4 minutes, 0 seconds
    Nae'blis: 6 minutes, 5 seconds
    Ash: No logged attempts
    LochNess: No logged attempts

SLYTHERIN
    fontisian: 2 minutes, 18 seconds
    Whooves: Exile Island
    klackerz: 2 minutes, 20 seconds
    Castiel: 5 minutes, 0 seconds
    Riley: 13 minutes, 6 seconds
    Stojil: 4 minutes, 10 seconds
    Anya: No logged attempts

3rd place - klackerz, 2nd place - fontisian, 1st place - Irene.

[​IMG]

GRYFFINDOR WINS TRIBAL IMMUNITY!

Congratulations, Gryffindor - Better luck next time, Slytherin!

6. guljons

guljons Squib

WTF Irene.
    That is amazing.

7. Nae

Nae The Violent

Yeah, here I thought my attempts were good enough. :/

8. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

And as one, they beheld the glory of its arrival, and shouted its name...

"FILLER!"

9. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

That was awesome Irene. I never had a chance.

10. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Nice try klackerz and fontisian. At least you got close to that freak. 1 minutes and 13? Seriously? :confused: Now I feel stupid.

11. Riley

Clearly I suck at sudoku but I don't suck at other things so this was a one time thing. By the way Zeit...PLEASE NO MORE SUDOKU!!!

12. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

WTF?

That's all I got.

13. Zeitgeist

[​IMG]

Welcome to Tribal Council

Welcome, castaways, to Tribal Council. As a game-changing Twist, right before the Merge, you have been sent here, to this abandoned grotto, to cannibalise one of your own.

Grab a torch and light it in the fire pit. On Survivor, fire represents life. It is what hastens in the dark. Your aim in Survivor: DLP is to keep your torch from being snuffed out by those around you.

This is how Tribal Council will work. Firstly, Gryffindor and Slytherin, you both cannot post in your House QT while Tribal Council is commencing. You will also be given a series of questions which you must answer, in order for Tribal Council to conclude. These questions are designed with observing your performances at the Immunity Challenge and any fractures within your House.

At the end of these questions, you will submit a vote via your private QTs. How you submit a vote is "Vote Out: [PLAYER NAME]". You should also append your vote with a short voting Confessional, which is a sentence or two (or more, if you feel passionate) explaining your reasons/feelings towards your vote. Examples of Confessionals: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9ikbfa7Igw

Also, Slytherin, you will have to eliminate TWO players. In your QT, name three players to vote out. The first name will be for the first player to be eliminated, and the second name will be for the second player to be eliminated. The third name will be the second player to be eliminated, if the second name has in fact already been eliminated.

Tribal Council 3 (Dusk) has started.

Posting is now permitted in this thread until all Tribal Council questions have been answered. Votes can be submitted once everybody has answered all their allocated questions. If you know that you won't be online at this point, you may submit a vote early, but once a vote is made, it cannot be retracted.

Everybody may currently post in this thread.​

Apart from Zeitgeist and Palindrome, only the following (14) individuals are allowed to participate:

GRYFFINDOR:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Irene//TSN//guljons//Caesar//Aekiel//Nae'blis//Ash//LochNess

SLYTHERIN:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

fontisian//Whooves//klackerz//Castiel//Riley//Stojil//Anya//Aziraphale

If you have any question about Tribal Council, ask me in your QTs. Once all the votes are counted, I will allow for one hour for players to play Hidden Immunity Idols (HIIs). Refer to post #1 to know how to play an HII. If you know you'd want to use the HII but won't be awake for that one hour window, please let know BEFOREHAND in your personal QT. Thank you.

Here are the Tribal Council (TC) Questions for TC 3:

These questions are for everybody to answer:

1. Do you think tonight's vote will determine the course of the game? Why?
    2. In one word, no explanations, state the name of the player (of any House) who you think is least deserving of reaching the Merge.
    3. Now that we're getting dangerously close to the Individual Immunity Stage, do you think this is the only time when you could eliminate non-aligned but dangerous contestants?
    4. Name one person in the opposite House who you think most deserves to reach the Merge.
    5. Who do you think is the weakest link in your House?

For Gryffindor only:

6. Now that you won this crucial challenge, you have a better chance of entering the Merge with stronger numbers than Slytherin. Would you say that the Gryffindors are one, unified body that will stay strong in this numerical majority, even after the Merge?
    7. Describe TSN in one sentence.

For Slytherin only:

8. Since you now have to eliminate two players, as opposed to one, you are likely to enter the Merge with weaker numbers than Gryffindor. Do you think this means any Slytherins are more likely to flip or renege upon Slytherin solidarity, once the Merge arrives?
    9. Describe Aziraphale in one sentence.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  14. Irene

Irene Seventh Year DLP Supporter Retired Staff DLP Gold Supporter

Guys, thanks for the compliments. <_< I was kinda like, school sudoku champion, but it never came up on DLP so virtually nobody knew.

fontisan, klackerz, you guys are immensely impressive for people who haven't had training/been taught how to solve sudokus for competition. I practiced sudokus daily for 2 years.<_< So please don't be discouraged! Amazing job. And just a heads up, I was insanely lucky. My timing with the normal method without guessing using logic was 1:35, so this was with much guessing. 1:13 timing is a fluke. I average at 1:50 to 2:10, so guys, catching up to me soon! :p

Maybe we can have a sudoku competition after this! :)

15. Riley

It has the possibility to with the removal of three players at once, but on the flip side, the winner is not always who we expect so there's a chance.

2. In one word, no explanations, state the name of the player (of any House) who you think is least deserving of reaching the Merge.
    Ash

3. Now that we're getting dangerously close to the Individual Immunity Stage, do you think this is the only time when you could eliminate non-aligned but dangerous contestants?
    Yes, I'd rather them out now than later

4. Name one person in the opposite House who you think most deserves to reach the Merge.
    Irene because she has consistently shown up and played.

7. Since you now have to eliminate two players, as opposed to one, you are likely to enter the Merge with weaker numbers than Gryffindor. Do you think this means any Slytherins are more likely to flip or renege upon Slytherin solidarity, once the Merge arrives?
    No, if anything it should make the alliances stronger to keep from getting left on your own post merge

8. Describe Aziraphale in one sentence.
    A jew like me.

16. guljons

guljons Squib

If we merge at 10, then no. The next challange will determine the course the game will take.
    Riley
    No, I find it highly unlikely that anyone will go on an Immunity run.
    4. Name one person in the opposite House who you think deserves to reach the Merge.
    fontisian

5. Now that you won this crucial challenge, you have a better chance of entering the Merge with stronger numbers than Slytherin. Would you say that the Gryffindors are one, unified body that will stay strong in this numerical majority, even after the Merge?
    If we are not now, then we will be. One way or another this vote will do it.
    6. Describe TSN in one sentence.
    The odds were not in his favor.

17. Zeitgeist

Riley, don't forget to answer Question 5!

---------- Post automerged at 02:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 AM ----------

guljons, don't forget to answer the new question 5!

18. guljons

guljons Squib

Well, I would have to say Lochness. She hasn't really done anything in challanges for us.

19. Irene

Irene Seventh Year DLP Supporter Retired Staff DLP Gold Supporter

TC3

Of course. Tonight is the night that we end up with 11 players, meaning only one more player has to be eliminated before merge. This is very possibly game-changing for both sides. If Gryffs vote out someone who is more loyal than one of the remaining gryff and he/she flips it's gonna mean demise for gryffs (Yes, even the one who flipped, cause in survivor usually anyone who flips still gets eliminated before final 3.)

Caesar sitting out doesn't really make him safe either because look at what happened last challenge. Nae'blis tried hard for all the previous challenges, so he should be an asset. Shay's and Nessie's been busy but they haven't shown any signs of flipping to slytherin so far, guljons and Aekiel have both contributed a heck lot to the challenges.

Riley Poole

I'm so worried about Stojil. But I don't think there's anything I can do about him. So I'll just try my best at immunity challenges and keep close to my friends.

Fontisan.
    He seriously, seriously genuinely impressed me with challenge 3. YOU GO FONTISAN. Klack klack too, but 2 seconds later. XD

Currently I think everyone's well linked together. If anything, itWe're like a circle of chain with no weak links. We trust each other. We can do well together. We are gryffindors. If I have to pick a name, I'd say myself. XD

For Gryffindor only:

6. Now that you won this crucial challenge, you have a better chance of entering the Merge with stronger numbers than Slytherin. Would you say that the Gryffindors are one, unified body that will stay strong in this numerical majority, even after the Merge?

As seen in question 5, I believe Gryffs, though starting out strong, became a little tentative for the second challenge. But I have faith that we will do what is necessary and stick together as a team!

7. Describe TSN in one sentence.

He is a nice guy who was eliminated early due to circumstances beyond his control, and I'm sorry that he was voted out.

20. Riley

Honestly, I'd say either me or Anya in this challenge.