1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

SURVIVOR: DLP - Outwit, Outplay, Outlast [COMPLETED]

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Zeitgeist, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

[​IMG]

Tensions rise at Tribal Council

Now that you've all had a chance to speak up, I'll go tally the votes. Since nobody opted to use a Hidden Immunity Idol, I'll proceed straight to reading the votes.

First vote is for...

RILEY POOLE

Second vote...

CASTIEL

KLACKERZ.
    That's 1 vote for Riley Poole, 1 vote for Castiel, 1 vote for klackerz. Next vote...

ANYA​

CASTIEL.​

That's 1 vote for Riley Poole, 2 votes for Castiel, 1 vote for klackerz, 1 vote for Anya. 2 votes left:

ANYA​

FONTISIAN.​

We have a TIE. 1 vote for Riley Poole, 2 votes for Castiel, 1 vote for klackerz, 2 votes for Anya, 1 vote for fontisian. As per the rules of Survivor, all players except Castiel and Anya must, in the event of a tie, conduct a RE-VOTE. Without any hesitation, players must submit a re-vote. Nobody will be allowed to post in this thread until the revote is completed.

If a tie reoccurs again, the feared Purple Rock Tiebreaker will occur, in which all players at Tribal Council (except those with Individual Immunity) will draw a rock from a hessian bag. The one who draws the purple rock (a random event) will then be eliminated.

(This is why you form alliances and collaborate/coordinate in voting somebody out, because ties can lead to random eliminations and this nasty mess)

Apart from Zeitgeist and Palindrome, only the following (12) individuals are allowed to participate:

GRYFFINDOR:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Irene//TSN//guljons//Caesar//Aekiel//Nae'blis//Ash//LochNess

SLYTHERIN:

fontisian//Whooves//klackerz//Castiel//Riley//Stojil//Anya//Aziraphale

If you have any questions, ask me in your private QTs. You're holding up the cruddin' night, so get voting!

2. Zeitgeist

[​IMG]

A consensus has been reached

I have tallied all of your revotes. Keep in mind that this is a lesson into the importance of forging alliances. When you coordinate and collaborate your votes, you avoid a tie vote and hence vote the frightening Purple Rock Tiebreaker. Wouldn't you prefer to have some control over your own fate? Now, it's time to read the votes. Once the votes are read, the decision is final, and the person will be asked to leave DLP Island immediately.

First revote is for...

ANYA

Second vote...

ANYA

ANYA.
    That's 2 votes for Anya. Next revote...

ANYA​

And the fifth person voted out of Survivor: DLP is

[​IMG]

ANYA​

That's four votes, Anya, and that is enough for this Tribal Council. Please bring me your torch. As fire represents life, unfortunately, the journey ends here.​

ANYA, the House has spoken.

Night 3 has started.

Posting in this thread is prohibited until all Night actions are submitted. You have a maximum of 24 hours to submit them, or else incur the wroth of the Purple Rock Tiebreaker.

Players with night actions need to bold their actions when addressing them to me in the QT. Failure to use the correct format as specified in your QTs will simply result in recording a non-action by me in the player log. All players must tell me, in their private QTs, which player they will send an affectionate gesture to. Until all Night actions are submitted, the next Day will not commence.

At Night, you may also know begin 1-on-1 QTs with your fellow Housemates. Request which players (via private QT) with which you wish to communicate, and either Palindrome or I will organise it for you. If you wish to have a group conversation, I recommend you either hold it in your House QT or you convey your messages to all players involved in the convo via your 1-on-1 QTs at the same time.

This may be finnicky, but the whole point of 1-on-1 QTs is to give some opportunity for individual manoeuvring, although alliances with multiple players are definitely encouraged.

Apart from Zeitgeist and Palindrome, only the following (11) individuals are allowed to participate:

GRYFFINDOR:

SLYTHERIN:

If you have any questions, ask me in your private QTs. Thank you for playing, Ness, Whooves, and Anya. You all just got really unlucky. :( I really do appreciate it. I am incredibly grateful that you have agreed to play this game and would love to see you play in future Survivor games. It is unlucky that you were eliminated so early! If you'd like access to the Homeviewers/Observers QT, shoot me a PM. And remember, you cannot talk to anybody about the game until it is concluded.

Thank you!! And sorry for the extreme delays; I've been rather sick. But yes, Tribal Coubcil will not run that long next time. I'm also implementing a new rule: if you are ridiculously late in your Night Actions and/or submitting TC votes, even though you had already posted in the bloody thread and had answered the TC questions, all votes against you at TC will be doubled. i.e. if you only have one vote, it will be counted as two. C'mon guys, I know that you all are busy, but submitting votes is not hard! If you can answer the bloody questions, you can submit an effing vote.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  3. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Filler, filler, filler. <3

4. Zeitgeist

[​IMG]

Once again, Immunity is back up for grabs

Welcome back, castaways, to the Immunity Challenge. Before we start, Slytherin, I'll be collecting your Immunity Statue. And thus, the Statue and Immunity is back up for grabs.

Now, how many of you have read the Tree Mail? Tree Mail is normally quite informative, hinting of future events to come. Your last Tree Mails read something like this, I believe:

"Identity is what defines a city and community.
    We share One World, one community.
    Divided no longer. "

And also, "Prepare the battle of strengths "

Many of you predicted that this will be yet another puzzle. But after Thread the Story and Web of Sudoku, isn't that considered excessive? No, it is time once again to retrace the steps of the Plate Smash and bring back a Challenge of strengths. Tree Mail never lies...

Today's Immunity Challenge is the ultimate battle of strength, Ultimate Tug-of-War. For this Challenge, you will compete as your two Houses and will be playing, you guessed it - Tug-of-War. Once every hour, each castaway will be allow to "pull" the rope closer to a massive sign bearing the name of his/her House. Players from the opposite House will try to counteract by pulling the rope in the opposite direction.

In fourteen hours, I will check the status of the rope. The House to whose sign the middle of the rope is closest will win Immunity. Losers will go to Tribal Council, where one of you will be sixth person eliminated from Survivor: DLP.

The Twist:, as your Tree Mail insinuated, is that this will be the final Challenge before the Merge. After this Challenge, both Houses will no longer exist, and a new House will take its place. All contestants will share the same beach, the same one world and thus will be able to 1-on-1 QT with one another. What this all means is you are only one elimination short of reaching the Wizengamot Stage of the game! From that point onwards, all players that are voted out will join the Wizengamot, with their own special QT, where they will still influence the outcome of the game and ultimately decide the winner!

If you are voted out, you will be expected to participate in the Wizengamot QT and still have an active interest in the game, because technically, as a Wizengamot Member, you are still part of it; your elimination does not equate to being "knocked out".

Anyway, here is the rope for Ultimate Tug-of-War:

GRYFFINDOR: -------------------O--------------- :SLYTHERIN

Once every hour, each of you can move the O one step closer to your tribe's name. After the O is at your House's name, DO NOT QUIT. The other tribe can still make a comeback and win until the time is up.

Challenge 4 (Day) has started.

Posting is now permitted in this thread until the Web of Sudoku concludes

[Example of Tug-of-War:

Post made by the host at 11AM

RAVENCLAW: ---------------O--------------- :HUFFLEPUFF

Post made by MattSilver (member of Hufflepuff) at 11:05AM

RAVENCLAW: ----------------O-------------- :HUFFLEPUFF

Post made by Vira (member of Hufflepuff) at 11:50AM

RAVENCLAW: -----------------O------------- :HUFFLEPUFF

Post made by Palindrome (member of Ravenclaw) at 11:51AM

RAVENCLAW: ----------------O-------------- :HUFFLEPUFF]

No Renegades have struck. Moreover, as part of their advantage owing to the typographical error in the Thread that Story Challenge, Gryffindor will receive the advantage of having all six members participate in this Challenge, instead of having to sit somebody out. In exchange, the rope has been brought a bit closer to Slytherin's banner, for the start of the Challenge, giving them a slight headstart.

Here is the rope. May the odds be ever in your favour:

Apart from Zeitgeist and Palindrome, only the following (11) individuals are allowed to participate:

GRYFFINDOR:

SLYTHERIN:

14 hours, guys. 14 hours.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  5. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

GRYFFINDOR: --------------------O-------------- :SLYTHERIN

6. Irene

Irene Seventh Year DLP Supporter Retired Staff DLP Gold Supporter

7. guljons

guljons Squib

GRYFFINDOR: ------------------O----------------- :SLYTHERIN

8. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

GRYFFINDOR: -----------------O------------------ :SLYTHERIN

9. Zeitgeist

Current state:

10. fontisian

wait, crap
    GRYFFINDOR: -------------------O---------------- :SLYTHERIN

11. Zeitgeist

Follow this tally, fontisian. I've already counted your pull in this one. To do a "pull", you remove one dash from your side of the O and add one dash to the opposite side of the O. :)

12. Caesar

Caesar First Year

GRYFFINDOR: -----------------O------------------ :SLYTHERIN

---------- Post automerged at 01:00 ---------- Previous post was at 00:59 ----------

GRYFFINDOR: ------------------O---------------- :SLYTHERIN
    Sorry. I was ninja'd.

13. Zeitgeist

A numerical tally, since this might be easier for you all.

GRYFFINDOR: <18> |+| <16> :SLYTHERIN

14. fontisian

Let's put the number of circles too, to make it a bit easier.
    18|16

---------- Post automerged at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

Ninja'd .:facepalm

15. Zeitgeist

I concur. Use this as the rope from this point onwards, adjusting the numbers appropriately:

GRYFFINDOR -18-O-16- SLYTHERIN

16. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

GRYFFINDOR -19-O-15- SLYTHERIN

17. Irene

Irene Seventh Year DLP Supporter Retired Staff DLP Gold Supporter

GRYFFINDOR 18-O-16 SLYTHERIN

HA IN YOUR FACE 'UNCLE'!

18. fontisian

GRYFFINDOR -19-O-15- SLYTHERIN

19. Caesar