1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

SURVIVOR: DLP - Outwit, Outplay, Outlast [COMPLETED]

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Zeitgeist, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    In my defence for the pole challenge, I work for eight hours a day doing boring, repetitive bullshit. I don't spend my relaxation time doing the same thing. I didn't give a shit if anyone else did it, I just didn't want to do it myself.

Now, on to the rest. I have a few pre-conceived notions of who I think should win this, but they're heavily dependent on how you three answer these questions:

Castiel: Describe your strategy both pre- and post-merge, as well as how it tied in to Slytherin's overall strategy in the pre-merge game.

Caesar: Do you think sticking to the background has worked out for you? Try to explain your reasoning as well.

Guljons: Same question as Castiel, but with Gryffindor house.

All three: What did you think of the challenges as a whole? Did you have a favourite one that you put extra effort into? Were there any you particularly didn't like? Were you as shocked as I was when Irene blitzed the sudoku challenge?

Yeah, I'm basically pulling these questions out of my arse, but I have been curious, especially in regards to Castiel and Slytherin's strategy.

2. guljons

guljons Squib

Well, no. I made it to the end, so I wouldn't want to risk changing something and not getting here.
    From day 1 my strategy was to get in an 5-person alliance, so that we could control our tribe and, after that, have at least 5 solid persons starting the merge.

So in night 1, I went to Irene proposing this. She agreed and I talked with Caesar, while she went to you and Na'eblis. That is how our alliance was born, at least from my perspective.

At the same time I talked also with TSN and Caeser about working together, because we were concerned, that the other 5 people in our tribe already knowed each other pretty well and would band together. That didn't happen, so I went with 5.p alliance.

When we got to the merge my primary concern was to first get couple of Slytherins out. After that, look at it any way you want, all 5 of us couldn't go to the end. So I started thinking about different ways how to get myself there, mostly talking about this with Caesar. There were different possibilities, but Ash and Na'eblis quiting didn't leave that many options in the end. This is also the primary reason, why any Slytherin got to the end.

Anyway, I was solid with Caesar since night 1, so I was set going to the end with him. Which I did, no matter what arguments Stojil kept giving.

All in all, I feel pretty good about the game I played and I stand by my decisions.

---------- Post automerged at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

I think that it would have been more competitive, if the challanges like the Pole balance and sudoku would have combined the best 3 times from each tribe and then see which tribe as a whole was better.
    My favorite probably was the the Sudoku. Those two times, where was I tried the most. I didn't like the writting one, because I'm shit at that.
    And yes.

3. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Pre-merge, I wanted to get myself and as many Slytherins as possible in the post-merge game. We did not have strict different factions in the house but I am pretty sure that quite a few of us were talking to each other via QTs, Stojil hinted Anya was planning something though I am not sure what, if anything, that was.

Post-merge, the starting challenges threw me off my game a little, probably good, because that removed me as a threat and allowed me to progress till the end. I wanted to get Stojil into the final three, mostly because he played a better game, but it didn't work so I tried my best to win the game for my house.

They were pretty good. Sudoku would be my favorite but I also had a lot of fun in the 'threading a story' challenge. The only challenge I did not particularly like was the writing one. Very shocked.

4. guljons

guljons Squib

TSN, Nae'blis?

Lets get this rolling.

5. Nae

Nae The Violent

I think the responses I've seen so far are enough for me to make a decision, tbh. Aekiel asked asked the few questions I had in mind.

Oh, Caesar, why did my posts give you a high blood pressure?

Castiel, I quit because of time constraints and because playing it was becoming a chore, b/w other shit I had to do. Nothing against the game itself, I just didn't enjoy it as much as others. There was virtually no interaction b/w members on the forums aside from challenges. And the whole alliance and backstabbing thing just isn't what I wanted to spend my time working on. :|

So yeah, so far, I'm with Stojil and Irene, and Castiel is my favorite, for reasons others have already given.

I guess it's up to you to convince me to vote for you and not him, guljons and Caesar. ;)

6. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Bump.

Zeit/Palindrome, some help/prodding/proof of you being alive would be appreciated.

Finalists? Are you not playing this anymore?

7. guljons

guljons Squib

Well Nae'blis didn't ask any questions.
    And TSN is still missing.
    So at least for me there is nothing to answer.

8. TSN

TSN Auror

I wrote what I had to int he ponderosa. I toguht that was where I was supose to put it.

9. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

I am playing. I don't know what if anything I am supposed to do next.

10. guljons

guljons Squib

If the questions are over, then maybe we can go to the voting part?

There has to be someone, who can finish this with authority.

11. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Wizengamot members, go to the QT, please.

12. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Well, it looks like TSN and Nae'blis aren't going to vote, maybe because the outcome is already decided.

Castiel wins with 4 votes. Yay?

Wizengamot QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/5iNLrvLEvqMjx

This feels almost like closure. We can all move on and go back to our lives, now. I might cry.

13. guljons

guljons Squib

Ah, well. At least I got a vote. Thanks Aek.
    It was a fun game guys.

14. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Lol, what even happened here.

15. Nae

Nae The Violent

...I voted. D:

Zeit said to vote in our QTs, so I did. I even asked you to ping me if there was any progress, Stojil. :-/

Anyway. My vote goes to Castiel.

16. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

I won! yay!

It was fun. Thanks for the game guys!

17. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I was on holiday so I have no idea what's going on. Zeit, wrap your shit up, man!

18. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

[​IMG]

A consensus has been reached

Now that you've all had a chance to speak up, I'll go tally the votes.

First vote is for...

Caesar

Second vote...

guljons

CASTIEL.
    That's 1 vote for Castiel, 1 vote Caesar, 1 vote for guljons. Next vote...

CASTIEL

And the winner of Survivor: DLP and Sole Survivor of Season One is

[​IMG]

CASTIEL​

Congratulations to Castiel, the winner of Survivor: DLP and well-deserved winner, with an impressive 4/6 Wizengamot votes!​

CASTIEL, the House has spoken.

SOLE SURVIVOR:
    [​IMG]
    Castiel

FINALISTS:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

guljons//Caesar//

THE WIZENGAMOT:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

klackerz//TSN//Nae'blis//fontisian//Irene//Stojil//Aekiel

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  19. Irene

Irene Seventh Year DLP Supporter Retired Staff DLP Gold Supporter

Bump for Zeit zeit.

20. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

Hi guys, I know that it seems like a very, very late post. Basically, my grandfather passed away, followed by one of my high school mentors, and I wasn't in a good "place". It was a bad time, and my studies piled on.

That is still no excuse for the colossal lateness of at least five months, and for that, I apologise profusely. You guys deserved to get a sense of finality, which is why I've decided to come back. After going through the highs and lows of this game, you all deserve closure.

Now, the analysis and official "Reunion" segment of this show can begin

[​IMG]

You have made it to the Reunion Show! Castiel, congratulations, you are now officially the Sole Survivor and inaugural winner. That means, in addition to eternal glory, you are guaranteed a spot in the DLP All-Stars season, Survivor: Heroes vs Villains. And now, we enter reflections about the game, whereby we discuss the strategies and elements of the game, before announcing the winners of various prizes.

One World. One House. One Winner.

Welcome, castaways, to the Reunion Show. You have finally left the DLP Island, had a shower, and cleaned up, assimilating back into normal life. And now, you're back for the reunion, the entire cast.

This is the opportunity for us to discuss your decisions, talk about what went wrong and what went well.

Firstly, the Alliances:

Slytherin Four Alliance: fontisian, klackerz, Castiel, Stojil
    Gryffindor Core Five Alliance: Aekiel, Caesar, guljons, Irene, Nae'blis
    Gryffindor Core Five Alliance Minus Irene: Aekiel, Caesar, guljons

The Gryffindors dominated this game. They only lost two members before the Merge (Ash, LochNess), and their prowess at the Challenges was simply out of this world. Specifically, Irene (with the support of her Right-Hand Man, Nae'blis) ran the Gryffindor Alliance, targeting outsiders Ness & Ash to eliminate both potential threats. The Core Five Alliance voted decisively, avoiding ties and deadlocks, to eliminate without a shadow of doubt, to their complete advantage.

In contrast, the Slytherins were poorly unified and did not initially work well as a team. All of them were paranoid of one another and refused to work with each other, some of it stemming from Stojil's independence and "Lone Wolf" strategy. Fontisian was the lone strategic player, realising that eliminating players such as Aziraphale and Anya were poor moves in the long run.

Hence, Gryffindor pagonged the Slytherins, having the numbers of the Lions' side.

Once we reached the last stages of the Merge, however, things began to change. fontisian's elimination and Irene's sudden lack of Individual Immunity gave guljons & Caesar a chance to eliminate the Leader and Hero of Gryffindor. The former especially, as a Survivor fan, knew that if Irene reached the Final Tribal Council, she would win the games, hands down. Hence, she had to be blindsided.

And she was. Guljons managed to convince Caesar & Aekiel to vote against her, and she was eliminated, before the last Slytherins Stojil & Castiel, in fact. She was eliminated because she was too likeable and likely to win.

Stojil's elimination at 4th place quickly followed, before guljons & Caesar, a tight duo, then blindsided Aekiel, another potential winner. The rationale was that Castiel, the "dead-weight" and last Slytherin, had not pulled any big moves and hence would not accrue any Wizengamot votes.

However, Castiel's defensive play, in that he had crucially never back-stabbed anybody, helped him win the Wizengamot's favour over the more conniving gameplay from guljons & Caesar, proving that Survivor has both strategic and social elements. A future lesson is to never let another "Castiel" reach the finale, because if he/she can successfully use the "Underdog Card", he/she will win the game.

Now, with those thoughts in mind, it is time to announce to which Tribe (Heroes or Villains) the Finalists belong and the identities and Tribe allocations of the players invited back for Survivor: All-Stars!

The Reunion Show Award Announcement has started.

Posting is now permitted in this thread for only the Wizengamot Members and other Survivor plays who did not make the Merge. Posting will be opened to everybody once the theme of the next Survivor game is announced.

Everybody may currently post in this thread.​

THE TRIBES TO WHICH THE FINALISTS HAVE BEEN DESIGNATED IN THE ALL-STARS GAME OF HEROES vs VILLAINS:

GULJONS
    [​IMG]
    For his duplicity and great deceptive play, guljons has been allocated to the...

VILLAINS

CAESAR
    [​IMG]
    For his passive but complicit following of guljons's decision to blindside Irene, Caesar has been allocated to the...

VILLAINS

And the PLAYERS who have been invited back to HEROES vs VILLAINS due to their great skill and/or contribution to the game:

IRENE
    [​IMG]
    For her utter honesty and her impressive leadership skills in managing the Gryffindor House, Irene has been allocated to the...

HEROES

[MORE TO COME. WE HAVE REACHED THE IMAGE LIMIT]

SOLE SURVIVOR:
    [​IMG]
    Castiel

FINALISTS:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

guljons//Caesar//

THE WIZENGAMOT:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

klackerz//TSN//Nae'blis//fontisian//Irene//Stojil//Aekiel

Pre-Merge Eliminations: