1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Swings by PrincessDushku - (BtVS)

Discussion in 'Television and Movies' started by The Fine Balance, Aug 1, 2009.

1. The Fine Balance

The Fine Balance Headmaster

Title: Swings
    Author: PrincessDushku
    Rating: KPLUS
    Genre: Hurt/Comfort/Romance
    Library Category:
    Pairings:
    Summary: Complete with Epilogue, Finding the one person in the world who's your other half is never easy- especially when you happen to have good reason to hate them.
    Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3475265/1/Swings

It is unrepentant romantic. There is some plot, but mostly it uses the basic elements from show until 7, then diverges from the comics. All the major characters are present. Despite the B/F romance, there is no character bashing. The romance is sweet and wonderful but not cloyingly so. The second person narrative (Buffy's throughout) is very believable, and uses little to no gimmicks.

It's also very different from the DlP's usual oeuvre. I've loved it for a while now, so I thought I'd share.

4/5

Fixed formatting and added the FFN link to the actual story. --Zombie

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2019
  2. JWH

JWH Unspeakable

Oh, hai.

Stumbled upon this a week ago, decided to give it a shot.

What you said is very true. Unfortunately, it's only true for the first 15 chapters or so. I found that after a while, the story started to drag on with the on-again, off-again routine. I mean, for a while it's basically B/F in odd-numbered chapters, and B/Other in even-numbered chapters. The drama killed the romance, IMO.

Gave me my fluff fix for a while, though, and got me started again on B/F, which might just become my favorite pairing ever (and no, it's not only because of Sarah Michelle Gellar and Eliza Dushku).

The writing is good enough that I didn't think about it while reading, and the 2nd-person is well done and likewise makes itself scarce enough to be enjoyable.

Rating went from 4/5 in early chapters to 3/5 in later parts

3. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

And misses.

(not really, I just wanted to post that)

4. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Not going to waste time on this one. Someone else might want to give it a read. Strictly romance isn't my cup of tea, but it might be for others.