1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Tales from the Borderlands and Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Big Z, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

Telltale Games, aside from their work on The Wolf Among Us and The Walking Dead Season 2, has announced their plans to begin production of Tales From the Borderlands as well as another episodic series based in the Game of Thrones world.

Thoughts? Links and some trailers below.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/12/07/tales-from-the-borderlands-is-a-telltale-borderlands-crossover-s/

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-12-08-telltale-games-confirms-episodic-game-of-thrones-series

2. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Interested in the ASoIaF/Game of Thrones one. I don't like the series as much as some here do, but I don't like The Walking Dead much either and I still liked their game adaptation well enough. Don't know about the Borderlands one, I haven't played that enough to be interested.

3. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Muggle ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Borderlands 2 is one of those games where you just feel that if they had put in just a /little/ bit more effort, it could have been amazing. It's great as is, but it's just so CLOSE to being amazing.

4. JimmyCranberry

JimmyCranberry High Inquisitor

Personally, I absolutely love Borderlands 2. It isn't perfect, but it's a massive amount of fun, especially if you don't take it seriously. I've never had more laughs from a game.

However, although I've never played any of Telltales' games before, I have heard that they are usually rather serious. I'm all for story-driven Borderlands game, but if it loses that sense of humour then I believe a lot of the fun would drain out of it.

As for the ASoIaF/GoT game? I'm extremely interested, but will refrain from making any sort of decisions until I've seen rather more than this short teaser.

5. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Not quite true, it's just that their most popular game is serious and dark (walking dead).

I haven't played Wolf among us yet, but i imagine it's much of the same in a crime / noir esque setting.

They also made Tales of Monkey Island, Jurrasic Park and Back to the Future. These aren't serious, but, aside from monkey island, they're not that good either.

I have a feeling that gearbox wouldn't give them the reins only to let them turn it into something out isn't, especially with wannabe vault hunters as the protagonists, supposedly.

As for the aSoIaF one? Meh. I really liked the series in the beginning, but i seriously lost interest in a major way after the third book. I'll give it a go, but I'm not that keen on it.

6. Jamven

Jamven Headmaster DLP Supporter

Mildly interested, hope they aren't stretching themselves too thin. Don't want the quality to suffer.

Loved the first season of Walking Dead enough to preorder Season 2 sight unseen. Hope it doesn't disappoint.

7. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

Game of Thrones: A Telltale Games Series - Teaser Trailer.

It's not bad, but didn't make me too excited for it. Which is good because I plan to buy it after all episodes are released or if there is a big discount before that. I wasn't amused when they were selling Fables for half a price without finishing it first. Made me question a point of paying a full price when you don't even get a privilege of completing the whole game before these that plan to buy it later.

I would prefer it to be an adaptation of books than the show, if only to get a proper Iron Throne in it, but they got the cast to do voices which is a big plus. Especially if we get more Pedro Pascal since given the timeline the Red Viper should be included in later episodes.

Bonus points if they make Tyrion say a variation of "that wizard came from the moon." ;)

8. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster