1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Team 8 by S'TarKan - T - Naruto

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Mrriddler, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

Incredibly useless but smart got trained by Tsunade, who worked on her problem areas, transforming her into a fantastic superwoman who really isn't a superwoman, but would make a terrific puppet in Chiyo's hands.

2. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If you want a quick list...

Harry = Sasuke - Unfortunate as it may be, he's moody, talented and 'has a way of winning, or at least escaping, every fight he gets into.
    Hermione = Sakura - though she hasn't been as entirely pathetic at any point in the books as Sakura was in Part I.
    Ron = Shikamaru - definitely not as smart as Shikamaru, but he has many of the same characteristics... kinda.
    Dumbledore = Sarutobi of course.
    The Twins = Naruto, though with less of a demon sealed inside them.
    Snape = Kakashi... It was hard to fit either of those two, so I picked the easiest one.
    Voldemort = Orochimaru. Do I really need to list the similarities?
    Lucius Malfoy = Pein. Think about it, they both serve the Big Bad (kinda), they're both in it for the ideology, not just the muggle torture/killing. They are both highly skilled and know it, and have a definite advantage from the family lines (Rin'negan and money).

I need a hobby >_>.

3. Ksai

Ksai Third Year

I really really hope you are joking. ^) Snape=Kakashi - lolol.

4. Mage Ronin

Mage Ronin Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

lol, Remus = Kakashi...

5. Memory King

Memory King Order Member DLP Supporter

Ebisu =Snape?

6. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

Wow, this has become ultimate fail.

I just dropped in to see what we were discussing and I see this. I'm not coming back to this thread. lol

7. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Dear Gods, what the hell was I thinking? That should teach me to drink and post... If everyone can just ignore that and pretend it never happened I would appreciate it :p.

8. Necrule Paen

Necrule Paen DLP Elite DLP Supporter

Itachi= Snape

They were really good guys doing bad things on the orders of Sarutobi/Dumbledore!!1!!!1

9. Moloch

Moloch Groundskeeper

Just updated. Slightly upset at what S'tarkan did but still enjoyed the update.

Won't get into detail for spoilers.

10. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    He takes so long to update. I have to reread the fic every time, just so I can know what's going on in the latest chapter.

11. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

I'm not too happy about
    Itachi being a villain,
    though I can certainly understand why S'TarKan wants to continue in this tack.

The problem with it to me is that portraying him in this light will either necessitate him getting killed off rather pitifully (see most of Akatsuki), or becoming some kind of super badass like he is in most older fics. Trouble is he isn't, and never could be given his canon power level, among other issues.

12. Libye

Libye Squib

I've been waiting ages for that update. I didn't trust my eyes at first.

Great chapter. I never thougt he would do that to Kurenai...

13. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Yeah, when I read the part in question, I had to reread it a few times to make sure I didn't misunderstand. I still can't believe that he did that.

14. Grubdubdub

Grubdubdub Supreme Mugwump

I remember I liked this fic, though I can't seem to recall anything past Sensei!Kureni... a cookie for a review of the fic?

15. Perspicacity

Perspicacity Destroyer of Worlds ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    Quickie summary:

Naruto, Shino, Hinata become Kurenei's Team 8. Kurenei has Naruto train with Gai and Lee and to get all taijutsu-buff. There's a C rank mission to the border with Rock for training; ninja there think that Naruto is the 4th. They break up a kidnapping of Konohamaru and Hinabi. Turns out Hiashi is leading some kind of anti-Naruto conspiracy or something. Chunin exams happen and Naruto and Sasuke both eat a curse seal in the forest, but Naruto overcomes his. Finals: Naruto one-punch decks Sasuke, later bitchslaps Neji, who nearly killed Hinata in their match. Invasion and chaos, Naruto dukes it out with Gaara in the forest and wins. The Third is crippled and has to retire. Naruto's still a Genin. Time to go get the big titted lady; Naruto, Jiraiya, and Hinata hoof it out of Konoha.

Enter present chapter.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
  16. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    The Third is not dead, he just lost one of his arms and had to retire.

17. Hw597

Hw597 Seventh Year

I love what he/she did with Kurenai, it will certainly drive the plot forward. As for the Itachi issue, I don't think that making the comment at the end was actually neccessary. I would have preferred if the author left it unambiguous. His actions didn't actually mark his overall alliegences, it just painted him as darker than in canon, which is perfectly reasonable.

18. Sin Saiori

Sin Saiori Death Eater

Well, now that I've reread the entire story to catch up and gotten to the new chapter, I would like to say:

I'm really pissed off.

I've been angry at fanfics before for petty reasons, but I haven't felt this kind of pure RAGE since KIP and PMN got the axe.

What's worse is that I can understand why he did it. Without marginalizing Kurenai, the best way to put it is that she out-lived her usefulness. But this doesn't change the fact that I got to that part and reread it enough times to see if I missed something that I practically have it memorized...then RAGED. This was about the equivalent of killing off Kakashi in canon by way of a steamroller.

I find myself seriously wanting to drop this story entirely, but I'll probably have calmed down somewhat...after another fucking year.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2010
  19. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

There's a reason people have been using spoiler tags, genius.

20. Ayreon

Ayreon Unspeakable DLP Supporter

I was ready to rage when Kurenai broke out of the Tsukuyomi, but then he killed her so I was actually happy about it. :D

But he really needs to update more frequently. 4 years for one fic and no end in sight is almost a guarantee that it's never going to be finished.