1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Team 8 by S'TarKan - T - Naruto

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Mrriddler, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Grubdubdub

Grubdubdub Supreme Mugwump

Thanks man.

2. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Kurenai breaking out of Tsukuyomi doesn't seem too unreasonable to me; after all, she is supposedly the best genjutsu user in Konoha.

3. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

:eek:

New Team 8? Color me surprised.

*goes to read*

Edit: Well, now that I've read it I think I'll just have to parrot what we've all been saying for a long while now. The story just seems to be a better-written rewrite. The only real change now is that Itachi ganked someone important and the evil Hiashi cliche is still going strong.

Story is never going to end at this rate.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  4. Grubdubdub

Grubdubdub Supreme Mugwump

The thing about S'TarKan is, that when he starts a story it's innovative and great, but until he manages to write 10 chapters it's already cliche and boring... unsubscribing.

5. aaltwal

aaltwal Auror

I'm still following it, but the anticipation gradually vanished when he killed Kurenai, after building up her character for half the story. What a waste, even after all these months.

The new chapter seems to be heading towards Naruto going with Jiraiya for training just like in canon, while instead of Sakura, Hinata's the one that will be Tsunade's apprentice. Sasuke remains loyal to the village, and Orochimaru decides to wait before confronting his former team.

6. Korisovra

Korisovra Headmaster

I've only been following this for a few months now, so I'm not really sure what the cliches of the fandom are yet. That being said, me rikey, me rikey arot. 4/5 from me.

7. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Korisovra: Mm, Naruto/Hinata is like Harry/Ginny. It's so overdone it's not even funny anymore. Naruto helping Hinata get over her stuttering and nervousness is also another one. I'd say Naruto getting on another team and suddenly becoming this awesome ninja is also a cliche, but this story is the first (or one of the very first to do this and become popular) to do so, so not in this case. Haven't read the story in a while so I don't know of any others.

8. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

Eh, let him enjoy them while he still can.

If I could stand to read either of those pairings anymore I'd have a lot more reading material. /:

Besides, Hinata is usuallly only bad when she's written as a 2D character with no characteristics besides stuttering and liking Naruto.

9. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

Probably because by the time he gets to that tenth chapter, everyone else has already stolen his initial idea, copied it and put it out while he's in mid-storyline, so changing everything up would both look retarded and take even more time.