1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

teh mayzin pider-mann!

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Skykes, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I assume you mean this one?

That show was awesome. Better than any of the movies. It had great voices, intricate plots and everything. I even liked it better than the old 90's animated series (no offense to it -- it's still good, but a lot of aspects have kind of aged on me :eek:). I'm still pissed that they canceled it, especially with a cliffhanger, but this new Ultimate Spider-Man show looks great too.

Also, regarding this movie, I'm so glad they're actually using Gwen Stacy instead of jumping right to Mary-Jane. The way they treated Gwen in SM3 was horrible.

2. Jjf88

Jjf88 Auror

Here's a spoiler for you if the Ultimate SM series is like the comics: They kill Peter Parker.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  3. Red Aviary

High Score:
    Though I'm pretty sure the "Death of Spider-Man" arc got a lot of attention, we do have spoiler tags. Which I'll use for the rest of this post, just in case.

Anyway, yeah, it's bullshit. Fuck the Ultimate universe. It's gone nowhere but downhill since a little before Ultimatum (which itself was a colossal pile of refuse). Spider-Man was pretty much their last good character, it was an utterly retarded decision to kill him. And the way he died was shit too. And they're replacing him with some new guy, apparently. :wall:

But here's the thing: the Spider-Man in the Ultimate comics was at it for about a year when he died. The Spider-Man in the Ultimate show has been at it for a year when it starts. Seems like it takes place in some kind of alternate-timeline where Peter didn't die to me. Considering the show hasn't even premiered yet, though, that's just speculation.

4. Jjf88

Jjf88 Auror

No, I know. Just still a little pissed they fucked us over with this bullshit. Anyway, back on topic.

The costume looks a little fucked up imo but it's not as bad as SM3 black-suit.

5. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

Didn't he go out like a boss by killing the fuck out of all his rogue's gallery?

6. Jjf88

Jjf88 Auror

He didn't kill any of them, just kicked their asses. Then when we think "oh at least he fucked over the Green Goblin" we see GG smirking.

7. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Although I haven't read the actual Death of Spiderman arc yet, I have read the prelude. The one with
    the seriously powerful magical artefact that can grant the wish of whoever holds it. Imminent retcon is imminent, I'd bet my job on it

OT: The film is looking intriguing. The Mirror's Edge-esque sequence was a little odd, but well done, and it looks a little gloomy, but I'm still looking forward to it. It'll be different, at least.

8. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    If they are going for a more Ultimate-esque Spiderman, and if Gwen Stacy is the main girl, expect to see Carnage, or some form of him.

EDIT: Ok, how about a bet. I will agree that the movie is good, if Spiderman does NOT take his mask off in the final fight.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
  9. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

New trailer. I like this better than the last one, but I still think that it has too much angst and too little humor. I hope that it will be differently in the film.

Seems like this movie will be terrible for you. :p

10. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    The new trailer showed a lot fo what we can expect, which is good.

First of all, let me begin by saying this:

FUCK YEAH WEB SHOOTERS!

(yes, this had to be bolded and italised)

On the other hand, they are using some really horrible plot points from the Spiderman mythos.
    Despite the bad plot, I have to reconsider not liking this. The trailer made me practically giddy. Which hasn't happened in a long time.

Edit: Lizard doesn't look half bad, actually.

11. oakes

oakes Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Damn, I have high hopes for this movie. Especially Lizard. Also, using Gwer instead of MJ is better, as it's much more closer to the comics.

Anyway hope there will be a next movie, and we'll see Gwen Stacey go splat.

12. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well, I'm impressed enough to give it a chance after all.

13. Arrowjoe

Arrowjoe Auror

I'm just happy we're getting a chance with Lizard that doesn't look half-bad and holy fuck Dennis Leary is in this? I'm cautiously optimistic that this won't be complete crap...

14. Red Aviary

High Score:
    The apparent shift in focus to Peter's parents and their legacy away from "great power, great responsibility," worries me. I understand that they want to do something new and not rehash the older movies, but this changes Spider-Man's motivations and such in a big way.

15. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Much as I enjoyed the Avengers trailer, I'm honestly now more excited about this. Possibly a touch too emo (dramatic walking in a hoody shot!), but other than that very promising indeed.

16. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Trailer looks cool but the mask seems...off somehow.

I am looking forward to this, seems decent enough .

17. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I quite liked the mask, actually. Not very different from the original. I hate it when reboots change the costumes, that's not what you do if you want originality. That just ruins the character.

18. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Really? I thought it looked quite different. The eyes were just off.

19. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

Certain parts of the trailer look really cheap on second viewing. The flashback white-and-black, Peter vaulting over the edge of a rooftop, and Dr. Connors' voice is ridiculous and sucks.

There's less wrong with the Avenger trailer, but this is the one that makes me want to see the movie.

Very glad we don't see anything of the Mirror's Edge sequences.

20. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

All I can say is.....Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy + Garfield as Parker = wtf levels of awesome.

This is going to be everything I've always wanted Spider-Man to be.

Fuck all of you who say it'll suck. FAGGOTS.