1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Temptation Game by Silens Cursor - M

Discussion in 'Restricted Section' started by Vir, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Vir

Vir Centauri Ambassador ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Title: Temptation Game
    Author: Silens Cursor
    Rating: NC-17 / M
    Genre: Noir / Tragedy
    DLP Category: Restricted Section
    Pairing: Harry/Su Li, Harry/Hannah, Hannah/Harry/Su Li
    Words: 10764
    Published: Nov. 10, 2010

Summary: Temptation is a dangerous tool - one Harry Potter knows how to use to maximum effect. A shame unfinished business has to interfere. Oneshot sequel to 'Silence Game', NOT appropriate for younger audiences.

Link:

PatronusCharm
    FF.NET

Checked Nov. 12, 2012
    Fixed PatronusCharm link

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2012
  2. silverlasso

silverlasso Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Really great all around. The characterizations are superb, and the story itself is extremely engaging. I would post the review I left on FFN, but I didn't copy the text, and since reviews take a while to show up, I'd have to wait until my review emerges from the bowels of FFN. I think I was also embarrassingly effusive in my praise...but yeah, 5/5, debate not necessary.

3. The Greek

The Greek Second Year

I'm a bit confused about the magic that they talk in the end. I assume that's a curse that was on Su to prevent her from talking and it was transferred on Hannah. Anyway it was great! The suspense, the mystery, the characters.
    5/5

4. Rynonis

Rynonis Slug Club Member

Fucking ill.

Nuff said.

5. Vir

Vir Centauri Ambassador ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm confused as to why the the rating on the thread is going down steadily but all of the comments have been 5/5. Anyone who didn't like the story want to chime in?

6. Xenks

Xenks Second Year DLP Supporter

Honestly I just didn't like it that much. I wasn't aware I needed to chime in when I find Harry to be unbelievable, and don't like him. I just rate it average, because the writing's good, even if I don't like the story, and move on. But my reasoning, summarized: I enjoyed the story an average amount. So I rated it average.

7. silverlasso

silverlasso Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

How do you think it compares to Silence Game?

8. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

Meh, the only good parts are the sex. Everything else just doesn't do it for me. Harry seems to want to be the good-guy, but his actions paint him otherwise.(All the women his sleeps with.) I'd like to say the author set-up that dichotomy on purpose, but it doesn't seem that way.

There's some good themes running through it, but they lack finesse. Good tries at them, though.

The one character I do like is Su, though that might be the fact she's the stereotypical hot-asian. >.>

4/5.

9. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

It might be that a few of them haven't read the first story. They may be a little lost and don't really understand what is going on.

In saying that, yeah. Harry is different. Much different than canon. Having read the first installment, even I was a little confused with a few things. I don't know if that is the fault of the author or just that I haven't read the first story in such a long time that I've forgotten things. I probably should have re-read it first before reading this.

The stuff with Luna and mentions of Hermione flew over my head because of this.

The writing is solid and the dialogue good. Harry feels a little cheesy - or sleazy? - but I found it quite amusing. Nice twist at the end when Hannah turned out to be not so innocent and was actually there for a reason - to kill Harry.

I highlighted the Elder Wand stuff in the WbA thread. Does stealing it from under his pillow constitute becoming its Master? If not, Hannah's attempt would have failed regardless - as seen in Deathly Hallows. If so, Su Li is now the master of the Elder Wand. Blah, blah, blah.

Anyway, nice story overall if you can accept a much darker Harry Potter.

10. deusexinfernus

deusexinfernus Muggle

I'm pretty sure that a character like the Harry portrayed herein would not let any of the Hollows go, like canon Harry; thus he would at that point easily be the Master of Death (as is hinted in the story itself). I can assume that all the rules regarding the acquisition of the Deathstick from a man that possesses only that Hollow are irrelevant when dealing with the Master. Nonetheless, if you remember canon states that the path of the Wand through history is one fraught with assassination and blood; what would be the point of killing the previous owner if you could gain ownership merely by a grab?
    Of course, the writer could simply be ignorant or ignoring of that fact, in order to increase the weight of the story.

PS: Apologies for the (admittedly rather mild) Necromancing.

11. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Sorry for necroing but I just noticed this for the first time and thought it should've been addressed.

Grindelwald stole the wand from Gregorgovich. You see it happen in DH. He doesnt't fight him for it or kill him, but simply steals it.