1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TERA Beta Key Giveaway

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Darth Disaster, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So, Have you Heard about TERA?

If you're an MMO gamer, I certainly hope so.

TERA is originally a Korean-Style Action-Fantasy MMORPG that was good enough and had enough interest that it's been/is being ported to both the NA and EU markets..

Intersted in Beta Testing TERA?

Then go HERE.

As of the time of this posting there are 1350 beta keys left.

The test only lasts this weekend (till sunday), and the download is large (24 EFFIN GIGS, DAAAMN.), So if you're going to do it, do eeeet naaaaoo.

That is all.

WD Out.

2. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Looks like Lineage 2... generic korean MMO...

3. Arbiter

Arbiter Groundskeeper

24 Gigabytes? For a single weekend? Holy cow, I'm not going to bother with that. A week long beta? Sure. Two days, not so much.

4. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

So after spending about 30 hours downloading this thing - holy shit the download speed sucked - I've been playing all day and... it's actually pretty good. On the surface it looks like a typical Korean MMO (though admittedly a very pretty one), but it plays more like a western MMO. It's less Lineage II and more World of Warcraft with a Korean art style. Actually, between all the bright colours and the reasonably flashy combat, it reminded me a lot of Kingdoms of Amlur.

The 'true action combat' isn't anywhere near as revolutionary as Bas Rutten's videos would have you believe, but it is pretty fun. There's no target locking so everything needs to be aimed - including heals - which is a great change of pace compared to hitting tab and tapping the number keys until something falls down. Unfortunately the combo system is disappointing. Playing as a Priest I picked up a spell fairly early on that I could cast to fire a missile ahead of me, then I could press the space bar to fire up to two more missiles that did extra damage. After the third missile, I could chain straight into my short range AoE with a greatly reduced cast time by pressing the space bar. And then if anything was still alive, I could chain into my cone nuke... by pressing the space bar. I was hoping for mouse clicks or timing to be involved somehow, but nope. You just mash the space bar to keep casting until the spell chain ends.

Some time later I unlocked a spell which would make me instantly get to my feet and sweep around with my staff after being knocked down. Guess which key I had to press to use that spell?

5. Coyote

Coyote He howls n' stuff

Korean-Style Action-Fantasy MMORPG...

...Oh, so it's pay2win, laggy, filled with gold farmers, and utterly cookie cutter generic?

6. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

If by "pay2win, laggy, filled with gold farmers, and utterly cookie cutter generic" you actually mean none of those things, then yeah.

OK, no, it's a pretty generic world but there's basically nothing new and original left to do.