1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Terminal Justice by Overkill A.K.A Irrational Intelligence - R - Harry/Kara

Discussion in 'Humor' started by Vtigo, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Verminard

Verminard Seventh Year

I love Mr. Black. Kind of wish Harry were still at least partially oblivious to the chaos he inadvertently causes, but its still funny as hell. Hope Rorschach writes the next one soon.

2. Mr. Merriman

Mr. Merriman Groundskeeper

This story is one of my favorite current WIPs. It started out as a great continuation of Make A Wish, twisting it to be fresh and funny and not just sort of tired, like MaW was in the end. Overkill is starting to suffer from the same syndrome, especially since in the latter chapters Harry's gone from being powerful yet clueless to just being really goddamn powerful. I like how this last chapter has gone back into the area of Comedic Misunderstanding Contributing to Plausible Absurdity, though the story'll never really capture the magic of the first half, which is just plain hilarious.

On a side note, I'm sort of glad this story is finishing up soon, so maybe the author can start working on his other WIP, which is sort of a guilty pleasure of mine.

3. PsyckoSama

PsyckoSama Groundskeeper

Oh? Linky linky...?

4. Palver

Palver High Inquisitor

5. slasheh

slasheh Seventh Year

looks fairly abandoned to me

6. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Really? You don't think maybe the author is active but focusing on a different fic at the moment? Like say, perhaps the point of this thread?

Punctuation is your friend.

7. slasheh

slasheh Seventh Year

considering that he abandoned the story nearly 5 months before the first chapter of TJ showed up its possible that he will someday return to it.
    More likely is that he won't because in that case he'd have said something in a note or in his profile.

But yes, maybe i should have made my post a tad clearer, i meant that i doubt that Overkill will return to the story linked in the post above me, since he dropped it a while before he started posting this.

Back to topic: The first 5 - 6 chapters are truly funny in the same way that MaW was for the first ~30 or so chapters. After that i'd say its a guilty pleasure as well.

8. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

It just updated, and with a huge chapter too. Some of the previous outtakes were included, and it's a good new chap.

9. HSRTG

HSRTG First Year

It's been getting awkward (and taking itself too seriously) with the enormous power increases, but 14 and 15 have gotten it back on track with the funny.

10. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

It's got a new update.

11. Belgarion213

Belgarion213 Slug Club Member

Thanks a lot.... I thought that Chapter 17 was out, however the update you refer to is a month old (I think it came out on December 6th). While I usually lurk around these boards if the update is more than a week old can you put in a date that the fic updated? Thanks.

12. xeromercy

xeromercy Squib

This fic was pretty awesome like MaW, but just like MaW it got a bit... lame. I agree that a lot had to do with Harry/Black finding out about his reputation and living it up, but for this particular fic it's cause of Harry getting kids. It just kind of threw it off the humor track when he adopted emotional damaged kids from crappy situations. Now if his kids from the near distant future went back in time for no reason other than to create havoc... cliche but at least it's more humor like. I just hope theres more variation of the character where he crosses over into other dimensions. It'll be hard to picture a continuation when Black knows he's Death, but who knows. I give it 5/5 for the beginning 10 or so chapters, but 4/5 overall.

13. xeromercy

xeromercy Squib

Chapter 17 updated

14. Korisovra

Korisovra Headmaster

*blinks* Decent, yes. Better than the originals? No. 4/5

15. Verminard

Verminard Seventh Year

I've enjoyed it. But when Harry learned all the crazy shit that went around him was due to him being a god among gods it lost it's charm. Half the fun was Harry blundering around oblivious to most of it.

16. Goddessa39

Goddessa39 DA Member

This is something I like to read over and over again, like much of nonjon's, Rorshack's and Ruskybyte. (Yeah, yeah, I know) and I continually awe over how many haven't heard of it. Chapter eighteen is up, right? Or not.

17. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Finally updated with a 22,000 word chapter 18.

I've pretty much accepted the idea of Harry's slapped together family and kids, and I've gotten over the turn towards real apocalyptic power, Harry as death, a god of sorts, etc... Even re-read the whole thing a few days ago.

And the new chapter is just as enjoyable as the rest of this story. We're right at the end and seeing this massive highly entertaining thing finished soon, in my opinion, asserts this fic's place as one of the great fun reads and potential rereads around.

Sure it has flaws and occasionally took an unexpected or unnecessary tangent I wasn't crazy about, but anything lower than 5/5 feels too low.

If you liked Make A Wish, and haven't read this, you're missing out. Not as laugh out loud funny as Rorsh's initial creation of Mr. Black, but every bit as delightful. And with much better spelling, punctuation, and formatting.

18. thapagan

thapagan High Inquisitor

A good number of smiles and a few chuckle out loud moments.

I thought some of the scences could have used a bit more set up, but that may just be me.

My vote for best new chapter in HP fan fic for oct. 2008 at least.

19. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

I expected a Sarcastic remark about the becoming one.

20. Under_score

Under_score Second Year

I've enjoyed this story as its progressed. I believe that the new author managed to stay true to the characterisations of Mr Black, and the plot is original as well as good enough to follow the original series. This new chapter is no exception.

The only negative is the update time, but that's bearable with the 22K chapter that's been put out.