1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Terrible but Great by Dark Syaoran - M

Discussion in 'Dark Arts' started by Dark Syaoran, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Chapter Four has been posted in the 'Work by Author' section. Took longer than I thought it would but thats just because I've been lazy lately.

Sinner, yeah, the Slytherin's are broke-ass punks.

2. ixazncha0six

ixazncha0six Raptured to Hell

The chapter is quite good, I like the way you characterized him. He is not truely evil but at the same time he is not the abused orphan we expect him to be, he is just a plain ass. I have a question do you plan on pairing Tom with Aurora some day? Or will they stay friends.

3. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

Extraordinary.

This MAY be the best fic currently in progress. Truly exceptional.

One thing. Sinistra was a Slytherin. (At least as I recall she was)

Anyway, your ideas aren't as "out there" as Jbern's are, but I think you capture the character's in a more accurate way, and your gradual pacing, while still making the story interesting is perfect.

I realized that this may be the best story currently in progress when I noticed I had NO criticisms other than Sinistra.

No flaws with character, believability, plot, interest, etc.

This is frankly better than JK. This is better than HBP and OOTP.

That said, it may also be because no conflict has emerged yet, and we're still getting introduced to Tom as you've written him, so...

But so far he's great. I don't know what plans you have for Tom's first year, but I am VERY excited. 5th Year he releases the serpent.

6th Year Tom tracks down his Uncle Morfin and gets the ring and creates his first Horcrux. 7th Year is plans for his future and avoiding Dumbles (who alluded to trying to catch Tom in the act before he graduated), and building the Diary, his first untraditional Horcrux (Tom released the Serpent 5th Year, but the Diary was made in his 7th according to Canon). It also was the first time Tom broke a major tradition of Magic by making the Horcrux an active object rather than a case.

I BELIEVE Tom found out about his mom being a witch and not his father in 2nd or 3rd Year. Not that hard, considering his mother named before her death.

I guess the first 4 years can be Tom establishing himself as Alpha, because by the end of 4th he was the unofficial head of Slytherin (obvious choice for prefect, and Slugclub leader as seen in Pensieve) and the other 3 years, he established himself as the leader of the School (Headboy.)

I REALLY hope you update soon.

4. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

HP-Lexicon never said what house she was in. I was thinking about making her Slytherin but thought that there were already too many main character-type people already going there. Even her name 'Aurora' was only on the draft JKR showed in some interview ages ago for 'Prisoner of Azkaban'.

I think she looked after the Slytherin's once when Snape was busy... or not. I'm not sure. Meh.

I got the timeline all planned out already, when this and that happens, ect, ect. No need to worry about that.

5. Mrriddler

Mrriddler High Inquisitor

Somewhere high, somewhere low and somewhere in bet
    Riddle using muggle instrument to kick Gryffindor muggle borns' asses. I love the irony in that. Clever use of the yo-yo.

Not sure where you are exactly taking it, but in Tom's time, it's muggle borns picking on slytherins. Are you reversing the roles as a sign of what LV has done or are you keeping it that Gryffindors are bullies which we don't see from canon. I know you might never get to that point, but I thought it would be interesting to see how you view this issue.

Great job overall. I would be very interested to see more.

6. Crazy1

Crazy1 Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

Now that, I liked; I hope you continue this, have you posted it on FF.net? Dumbledore's likely to blame Tom for the damage to the Gryffs, but this will also lead to Dumbledore's distrust, hence the attitude towards him throughout canon. I also liked how you paraphased some thinks from the books, such as 'what he would spend the next five years searching for', it just seemed to fit.

7. Assassinator_of_Dumbledor

Assassinator_of_Dumbledor Raptured to Hell

I agree with crazy1

I love the way you make it all come together.

:twisted:

8. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

The stuff between the houses will go both ways. Slytherin's picking on Gryffindor's, Gryffindor's picking on Slytherin's. It'll be a lot worse than it is in Harry's day as well, as you saw.

Yes, I liked the irony of Tom using a yo-yo, a muggle toy. :p

9. Zeiss

Zeiss Guest

Great story so far, I can't wait for the next chapter.

By the way I've read most of all your work in other places like FF or Ficwad, and I can say I liked them.

Keep with the good job.

10. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

If I give you a nickel, will you update? :D

11. Litha Riddle

Litha Riddle Banned DLP Supporter

Great story!
    I've always been a bit of a fan of Voldemort and I like how you're developing him. It will be interesting to see how you progress with this.

I also thought the yo-yo part was cool. Imagine how those bullies will react when he eventually comes out as Voldemort.
    I wonder if he'd seek revenge considering how he does so at the orphanage.

Can't wait to read more.
    Litha

12. Fuegodefuerza

Fuegodefuerza Minister of Magic

While I like all of your other stories very much, I think that this one is my favorite. I don't know if it is just the fact that you have Voldemort as the main character, or what, but this is a fantastic story.

Update soon.

13. Death Eater Neophyte

Death Eater Neophyte Squib

I really like this because not only is tom actually believeable but he actually has a sort of friend which dosnt completely cut him off from humanity

14. I like the story premise not many stories I've read are centered on voldemort's rise to power, point for originality(sp?). Like I said, love the story, but please update.

15. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Mhmm.

Well, I'm currently writing the next chapter of this. I've got most of it planned out now, as well as its sequel. Many ideas that I had originally have been changed. It'll still be a three part 'series', but it is no longer going to be all based on Tom Riddle. You'll find out what I mean when I get there.

And I dunno when this'll make an appearance on FF.Net. Probably when I've completed a few more chapters.

16. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

I like this story. Tom being beleivable is always good. Tom Riddle isnt always evil its more of along the lines of he doesnt see it as evil. He sees it as the path to power and being respected, feared, and being the best. THats what Tom wants.
    If you update Ill give you a prize.

17. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

You have NO idea how badly I want this to be updated.

One of the best stories in fandom. I see no flaws with it.

5/5