1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Terrorist Inspired Harry?

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Ph34r_n0_3V1L, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Ph34r_n0_3V1L

Ph34r_n0_3V1L First Year

I just finished re-reading Jbern's The Lie I've Lived, and I was struck by an idea. Why haven't I ever read a Dark!Harry story where, at the end of fourth or fifth year, he uses the Imperio to turn all the students with known Death Eater parents into suicide bombers?

As far as I can recall, parents show up at Platform 9 & 3/4 to pick up their kids. Why not have all the Death Eater spawn be loaded down with explosive potion bandoleers, and, when they return to their homes while in the company of their parents, have them programmed to go BOOM?

This would hamstring Voldemort's return to power, especially just after his resurrection. Loss of political influence, money and dedicated personnel would almost certainly force Voldemort into acting rather than allow him time to build up supplies and recruits.

2. Demons In The Night

Demons In The Night Chief Warlock

Because it's a stupid idea?

Just throwing that out there.

3. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Because Harry (even Dark! Harry) isn't nearly that evil?

4. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I hate you.

5. Bikiluf

Bikiluf Seventh Year

Nice comment, honest.

6. darklordmike

darklordmike Headmaster

There are stories out there where Harry does something similar to this, but not quite so brutal.

IIRC, in Bobmin's Sunset over Britain Harry wipes the floor with a bunch of DEs, then sends one back to Voldemort with a message. The guy delivers the message and then blows up, taking a couple people out.

There's another story, and I can't recall its name at the moment, where Harry sends an imperiused DE back to Voldemort with instructions to assassinate Bellatrix Lestrange. It works.

7. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Muggle ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Because Harry can't brew for shit, "explosive potions" with a specific trigger do not exist, and Malfoy would be on his knees, sucking his dad's dick, so the potion bandoliers would be visible.

8. Trojan Knight

Trojan Knight Third Year

The idea of using 14 and 15 year olds (or even lesser) on a suicide mission is just sick. That would make Harry worse than a psycho killer and Voldemort(maybe not).

I agree wholeheartedly.

9. Snarf

Snarf Squanchin' Party Bro! ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Rofl, no one sees the literary masterpiece that this would be? I want this fanfiction written, nao, and all you noobs who say others wise can eat bags of dick.

10. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

That could be part of a crackfic. Otherwise it's stupid.

JBern did something like that with Neville in "To Fight The Comning Darkness" - Neville cracked and imperio-ed Slytherins to kill each other. It was one of the best parts of the story. He explained in detail Neville's plotting and its problems.

Apart from that I am sure you'll find the idea already used by countless fanboys with evil!super!Harry fics. It's exactly the kind of thing they write - without even trying to explain how it works.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
  11. Memory King

Memory King Order Member DLP Supporter

Original idea needs quite a bit of work, but I've been interested in Terrorist!Harry since reading Resistance of Azkaban.

Blowing up innocent bystanders is a very brutal ploy, but that's exactly what most terrorists do.

12. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Thats: One, untrue. Two, an unfortunate side effect.

Terrorists aren't sitting around going, "Huh, <Insert object/nation/religion/group/society/leader/person> has offended me. I'm going to get my revenge by randomly blowing the fuck out of people who have nothing to do with <them/it/him/her>."

Its more they target an object/place/person that is important to the offensive object/enemy, and they/it are in a populated area, and innocents get fucked in the cross. Specifically targeting random nutjob innocents is not just a dick-move, its what made Voldemort so ineffective.

13. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

That's what the op suggested. The kids are collateral damage, but they are needed to target the persons he want to kill.

Actually, I think some time-travel fics use this to an extent. Harry knows Draco/Pansy/randomDeathEaterKid goes evil and doesn't hesitate to use and or kill them.

14. Memory King

Memory King Order Member DLP Supporter

But most of them don't do anything to get innocents out of the way, either, the ones that do so are unfortunately the exception. I also consider future Suicide Bombers who are removed from their homes at a young age - and brain-washed into believing in a terrorist philosophy - an innocent casualty.

Terrorism is committed for a higher purpose, which often counterbalances the loss of innocent life, at least according to some people.

A Harry who contemplates an action similar to the one originally suggested knows, or thinks, that most of those kids are Junior Death Eaters who will turn into killers later in life. Going through with the attack without bothering to find the exceptions to the rule makes Harry a believer in ends that justify the means.

15. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Thanks man.

I have an plot bunny consisting of Muslim!Harry, 1.4 billion muslims and the White House.

>.>

Suffice to say its a bad plot bunny.

16. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

I accept this challenge. I'll see about writing something up with this idea in mind later today. I kinda liked the idea, and it gave me fuel for thought as far as a one shot goes.

17. Bukay

Bukay Professor DLP Supporter

Muslim!Harry?? There was a short version of that, something along the line of...

Harry portkeys just in front of a very surprised Voldemort with various explosives and potions strapped to his body as well as some boxes of nails to provide additional shrapnell.
    With a blissful expression on his face he yells - Allah Akbar!! - and blows everything up.

18. Snarf

Snarf Squanchin' Party Bro! ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Bliss. :D filler

19. Juggler

Juggler Death Eater DLP Supporter

Xiph0's story about Harry using multiple explosives could definitely be looked to as at least a guide for this. In fact, I could see the new story splitting off from Xiph0's right after the first chapter and working swell.

20. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

I don't know about the rest of you, but I think that terrorist! Harry could be hilarious. Blowing up Platform 9 and 3/4s using kids might be a bit much, but Harry has a pair of House Elves who love him fanatically and no one has ever written anything on the House Elf religion . . .

I'm just saying is all . . .