1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The 100 Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Cobalt, Jul 8, 2018.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

No comment.

I'me more towards the "too many town" side of things, with the issue that a number of them are weaker townreads.

2. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Haven't really made it much into d2 yet, but I really doubt I'll be doing anything but strongly town reading Vaimes, because he was obviously town on day one.

3. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I want to go back to that Citrus/Nego interaction because I thought it could be w/w and no one picked up on that.
    --- Post automerged ---
    The strong reaction I had was to Citrus's last post. It's just so.... blustery. Like, it really comes off as wanting to sell the stance moreso than wanting to cement a read, or figure Nego out, or anything else really. It just comes off as like, "I'm going to convince people I'm in this certain position." I think that kind of thing comes from a partner to a partner more often than not - it's so... appearance-based? Like not at all caring what Nego's thinking of him. Idk.

@Empoof what makes you think this is v/v?

4. Eidolonic

I like this post from Fonti, I think.

I like that she liked Citrus' wall, and I like the read on Stanari from that series of posts. General mindmelding things + feeling like she's genuinely thinking about people instead of just stating reads, which I find more indicative of her scum play.

5. Newcomb

Not just asking Empoof though, open to commentary from all on that bit.

6. Eidolonic

I'll come back to it, just let me get to real time

7. Newcomb

Derp, sorry, meant "what makes you think this is not w/w?

8. Eidolonic

I'm a little bit worried that my bar for Kai is so low that I'm literally town reading any post he makes that's not a shitpost.

9. fontisian

Since it's open.

I think blustery is just a way Citrus likes to be, and tends to be a bit town indicative for him.

10. Eidolonic

11. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I can see why you think it's w/w, I think, but it didn't strongly strike me that way before and I'm not super convinced now.

12. Nothing Happens

Nothing Happens Squib

I need to get over my allergy to big posts that seems rather specific to first passes.

I'm trying to parse Jari's read on Stanari over that slip that Miner did or didn't make, but I'm not sure the slip itself matters for actually reading Jari because of how he's acting around it anyway. It's just a huge potential deal to make out of yourself when your slot doesn't seem like one of the high priority resolution targets, even if it is in the POE.

Plus, I ISOed Miner and don't think I would have much reason to believe it was a fake slip. Something like him staying off wagon once corrected would just be silly. He didn't have too many posts that seemed remarkably sure of the time, other than noticing the thread was moving toward a lynch. And it's not like this is worth awarding him cred over.

I don't think my reflexive reaction to a question like Miner's is any version of "nice try, bud", which might be just the type of person I am, but I don't think Stanari is either?

13. Eidolonic

Not so much the content, but the fact that he shows he's actually thinking about the game and the way players are interacting.

And reading that sentence is like, why I made the previous post about wondering if I set the bar too low, but I'll take it for now.

14. Newcomb

So this is like, the one thing in the game he's been strong on?

15. Eidolonic

Jari is probably? town, independent of the slot which was also probably? town.

I feel like that just makes him decently likely to be town if I read two people in the same slot independently on that side of null.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Dlgn's opening post kinda feels like he got whooshed hard, and not fully sure what to make of that.

16. Newcomb

Ehhhhhhhh
    --- Post automerged ---
    Define "wooshed"?

17. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Nod.

Just finished going over Vaimes's ISO and I think I'm just going to lock him completely in as town (I'll justblame Eido/Newcomb/You if he's mafia here), think the progression and explanation behind his Eido/Me thoughts make a lot of sense and are reads I can very much buy him having and think it's somewhere he'd feel too worried/awkward to do as scum.

18. Eidolonic

Took a post seriously that shouldn't have been taken seriously?

19. fontisian

I felt like the "Aaaa" from Beru's post felt fake, which is a very weird and specific tone read.

20. Newcomb

Leave me out of it tbh. I'll skip the cred on this one if he's a villager. Maybe I'm gunshy from last game, but I'm not at all as sold as Eido/fonti. Like, still think he's ~probably a villager, but I don't think he's making radically different posts out of the range he had in the last TH.