1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The 100 Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Cobalt, Jul 8, 2018.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Merg. It like a fake bluster he does to have fun, if that makes sense? Like, I can see it going away as he gets more serious.

2. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

I can't really read that kind of thing well, because it's so foreign to me in terms of posting style, but like. I guess I could see it? Kind of tacked on/unnecessary/forced.

3. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Hm. That's kind of a reasonable point. It's just so.... airy. Like I'll have to go back and check but I don't think either one of them poked the other at all since that moment.

4. Eidolonic

I'll quote some posts for you if you want at some point, that just felt like quintessential Vaimes, with the kind of blend of snark and casualness while being game related that I've never seen him quite get to as scum.

5. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I don't really dislike this read but I also kinda think it's DLP tone things.

6. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Think there's a lot more depth to some his reads and thoughts in comparison to there, and just flat out think he's genuinely been a lot more active/solve-y in his posting from there. Also some of his interactions with Eido and comments about Eido and Eidos read on him are very very ballsy if he's scum here in a way I don't think he can do as scum.

7. Newcomb

Could just be a "replaced in and didn't pick up context" thing.

You said you don't really know what to make of it - what are you trying to make of it?

8. Eidolonic

What, your screams don't usually have a capital first letter, and period at the end? :v

9. Newcomb

I mean I've been nursing that little Eido/Vaimes w/w thing for a while, so that last point doesn't do much for me :v

But yeah, fair enough.

10. Eidolonic

Whether or not he was actually trying to get a read there, or if he was trying to fake trying to get a read there? Like it was pretty aggressive and pounce-y and maybe a little more tryhard than I tend to expect from him.

It's probably nothing and him just excited to play since I was pretty locked in on Jan being town, but got a head tilt from me

11. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

itt the scumteam completely drops me as a mislynch option

is what feels like just happened.

12. Newcomb

So which of Reg/fonti/Eido are wolves IYO

13. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Beru's been able to get their tone across on dlp many times before, though.

14. Eidolonic

Oh please, I'd put his ass 6 feet under on D1 if I rolled w/w with him. Everything he'd post would ping me as being painfully obvious scum.

15. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

:/
    --- Post automerged ---
    I had a Post recently, Newcomb.
    --- Post automerged ---
    (Also I was talking about Reg/font/Citrus. Eido's always had a townread on me.)

16. Newcomb

That's just what we'd expect you to do, yes :v

17. Eidolonic

Why do I have the feeling that I'm going to end up very much disagreeing with your reads when I get there.

18. Newcomb

Yeah I know, which is why I was asking, since like. Eido's village read you, and you've been nursing a bit of a wolf read on him recently, but you're talking about the scumteam dropping you as a mislynch like Eido's not the one semi keeping people off you. Is confusing.

19. Nothing Happens

Nothing Happens Squib

So, I followed their posts forward a bit. Like, I wouldn't call that a sequence that looks that good if they ever find a way to peel off each other, which Citrus does on Nego today after letting the scumread persist yesterday. Citrus was also voting Kai at the end of yesterday, so.
    (Also, speaking of which, I didn't get his ping again that I see in ISO, I think. Either that or I clicked it away again. Anyway, working on thoughts.)

From Nego's side, the VCA post largely ignores Citrus - he's mentioned as an off-wagon-at-EOD voter who gets no additional comment even as others like Kai (who "could be scum", and later they're "expecting more from them") do. Not sure where that leaves their read, since I didn't see reads following this, but Citrus isn't part of their ISO priorities today, it seems.

Seems like it has w/w potential to me. I don't think they're anywhere close to clear of each other, and in a w/w world they could be tag-teaming across days to finesse a lynch on Kai.

20. Eidolonic

Man.

Dlgn just kind of keeps taking RVS seriously and I don't know what to make of it at all.

Feels really weird.