1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The 100 Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Cobalt, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Whoooooooops.

Sorry, it's about the time of the game when I get lazy and start dropping words. Reg is correct, I was explaining what a garcia is. I'm sorry you're upset.

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

It was a question. I want to know if you get the difference between those types of players, and if that helps you understand why people are treating Eido the ways they are this game. I'm sorry it came across as rude, and that you're upset with the lack of engagement with you. I am trying to understand you, and help you better understand the people here. I'm not naturally long winded and my brevity does not mean I am dismissing you. You are being listened to, and having an impact on the conversation. Saying things like "scum are taking advamtage of the groupthink" however, isn't helpful, because it's just promotes doubt without direction. Specific points, like "I think fonti is trying to ingratiate herself and use the groupthink because of x, y and z" are more useful and more likely to be broadly discussed.

3. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    @Stanari, can I have your reads on Bears and Fonti with some wurds dropped with it please.

4. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

Updated reads list:

Moderate town:
    Gemma
    Nego

Slight town:
    Jan
    Stanari
    Vaimes

Very slight town:
    Citrus
    fontisian

Newcomb
    Nothing Happens

tsaiah

Null:
    KaiDASH
    Miner

Very slight scum:
    Beruru
    Eidolonic
    Regfan
    fenwicked

This is all still in flux, but I feel like the very slight towns in particular need some serious reassessment. There are also some reads I haven't moved around much; those need reassessment either via direct interaction or ISO digging.

I'll be around later when I'm less occupied as well as irritated, sorry.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have gotten so frustrated. It was likely a result of just a combination of little things nagging at me that I let get out of hand. Accept my apologies for derailing the thread. Certainly I could have handled this better by trying to keep things positive instead of spewing my frustrations.

You are right; saying something like that is not particularly helpful. Admittedly everything I say won't be helpful, especially to all of you, because I have a tendency to use the thread as my personal thinking aloud springboard in addition to using it to post analyses and interact with you all. That's on me. I haven't done enough of the latter myself so perhaps it's unfair of me to feel excluded. Specifically, that sentiment was just a random thought I had while catching up. It might be worth exploring. I think I'd have to go back and do specific digging and get back to you as to who I believe fits that profile best. I'll do that in a bit with a fresh perspective.

5. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    My read on Bears is...I'm concerned by their read/interaction with me but I'm not sure if it would actually look this weird if they were scum.

My read on fonti is I don't really make reads on fonti on D1 (or ever?) but she's fine, I suppose.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I feel like I have a severe case of "have you ever met me" this game and it's kind of...I'm not sure tilting is the correct word, maybe just confusing?

6. fontisian

Thanks, man.

It's fine to use the thread as a place to dump thoughts. In fact, that's really helpful when it comes to reading you. Maybe writing a disclaimer at the beginning of a post you strongly want to be discussed or asking specific people to talk about it (with the caveat that anyone else should feel free to jump in) could be helpful for you?

7. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I understand your frustrations (you are handling the new-to-DLP experience much better than me!) and I hope you work past them. Is there someone you want to push but feel like you can't?

8. fontisian

I feel like Bear's solving has been really limited and mostly about stanari. I kind of expected them to be involved in more things?

9. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I have literally no idea what Miner is doing.
    --- Post automerged ---
    MP7, why the townread on smilefires/Nothing Happens? Sorry if I missed it, the overnight pages didn't really stick.

10. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

So .. just heads up.

Sorry to mp7. I think I could and should have engaged with you more, but I have been mostly about live interactions and the timing between us hasn't been on point in that regard.

The real reason for this post is a disclaimer is that I will try to post a good amount less for the rest of the phase.
    Being the topposter can be fun, but like .. when I see Gemma my main thought is "wow that is a lot of unfiltered stuff and at least half of it is just spam".
    And I feel like that makes the game harder to read and catch up on for everyone involved. And I am not better in any way or form.

Still likely to hover over the thread when I am at home, but not as likely to post unless in a direct conversation with someone about something.

Ping me if you want my input and I am not in thread. Otherwise I will condense my activity a bit.

Make Jan efficient again!

11. fontisian

This is probably obvious, but I'm town reading Mplus7 after that.

12. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

I'll be here for a bit after all. I have about... a bit less than an hour until I have to attend to other matters, and then tomorrow-Saturday is going to be absolutely nuts, so screw it. And I've sufficiently calmed down.

13. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Yeah. Not really sure where I want to go though.

Unvote

14. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

Well, I'm an idiot, sorry. XD

Clearly I totally misunderstood what was going on. Thanks for clarifying.
    --- Post automerged ---
    You mean you feel like people who should know you better are reading you in ways that indicate unfamiliarity?

Do you think this could provide any meaningful alignment-indicative information or anything we should look into?
    --- Post automerged ---
    That's a fantastic idea. You rock. I'll try to do that for anything I feel is particularly pertinent.

15. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I think maybe they are just being bad :p (love you!) If it was some half-assed attempt to lynch me before I escape the POE, they aren't doing a very good job lol, and I'm fairly self-centered, so things that feel like they should be obvious to me are not always actually obvious.

16. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

I feel like a jerk, sorry. Regardless of how frustrated I was feeling I definitely could have approached that in a much more constructive manner.

Especially the bit about not wanting to play here again. You all have been pleasant, I assure you, and this has been fun. D1 is always a tough period for me, IRL stress probably isn't helping my sensitivity right now (we leave Texas for good early on Wednesday), and I did feel legitimately ignored, but none of those are excuses for me to say something like that -- ever.

Regarding the want to push thing... that's a good question. I do feel mildly suspicious of Eido for some reason, so I think what I'll do here momentarily is hop into his ISO and try to quantify what I'm feeling, or see if my perspective changes even.

Early in games but on D1 especially I tend to not have anything stronger than very slight or slight scum reads anyway... although inevitably I'll find something worth a moderate to severe read. I feel like it's just not my strength either way, even later in the game. I think I'm much better at identifying town players than scum players, but I don't know, maybe my self-perception of that isn't accurate.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I got this impression as well, hence Beru's new placement in my reads. They did also voice a detailed opinion of my meta, so it's not like they're doing nothing, but I guess I'm also underwhelmed.

17. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    It happens. I appreciate your positive attitude <3

I'd love to hear what you have to say about Eido, and I'm going to actually look at what people have said about Nego in a second, since that's a read I think I'd like to talk to you about.

18. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

I didn't explain this, no worries. It's a fair question either way.

It's very weak, just a gut-based sort. I recall liking what NH had to say earlier today from a tone perspective more than not. I should look at their ISO in full though and get back to you.

Speaking of which, I seem to recall someone asked about ISOs earlier, but now here I am being annoying and asking again, sorry. What's the easiest way to do that?

19. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

magnifying glas under a players avatar.

click it and you get their iso.

does not work on all modes when phoneposting, but works otherwise.

20. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

You're cool, man. I appreciate the sentiment. It doesn't help that I have much less time for this game than I'd like, and unfortunately it's going to decrease as this week progresses, but whatever.

Re: Gemma, is there anything alignment-indicative in that in your assessment? Does anyone think Gemma would be more or less likely to post in an unfiltered fashion as either alignment?
    --- Post automerged ---
    That's sensible. Don't worry, I'm really self-centered when I play this game, even if I really try not to be. Lol.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Thanks. I try anyway, not always successfully that's for sure. I spoke about this in Game 9, but in my opinion people seriously underestimate town morale. An embarrassing case in point I suppose is how I just was feeling. Lol.

Re: Eido, yeah, I mean, I have overall impressions that need substantiation for sure. Basically as of right now I feel like I don't sense any genuine town spark from him, and I still don't despite recent efforts. He just seems to solve in a very detached manner. I also feel like his reads were rather boring. It's giving me Mexal g9 vibes, and I still have PTSD from that. There was also that post I mentioned earlier when I felt like he was soft defending you with a meh reason which could be TMI, even if that was a weak point.

I'll look into it here.

Re: thoughts on Nego, that sounds like it would be a very worthwhile endeavor. I'm intrigued to read what you find for sure.