1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The 100 Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Cobalt, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Change of playstyle which makes it harder to judge that.

She dislikes randing wolf a lot, but she is capable of posting and posting well as one.
    Her being constantly drunk basically destroys a certain filter/threshold in that regard which makes those parts even harder to read (for me).

2-3 people called her town after the regfan thing (I want to say at least 2 of Regfan, fonti, eido, but i was skimming from bed back then). Don't ask me. Gemma and I have a history of clashing and attacking each other for bad reasons and I am basically the worst person to give a read on her that you should listen to.
    I will let the world know if I actually feel strongly about reading her, but until then I will just play it light and loose.

So no nothing about tht assessment is indicative of her alignment.

2. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

Ah, that's right! The magnifying glass! How could I forget. You are a lifesaver, thank you so much.

3. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

The bolded part is 100% normal for him.
    Like he estabished a weird thing where he doesn't talk to you about his read on you when he is scumreading you .. and other people (newcomb) started doing it as well.
    Can be kind of annoying, but it is a certain detached move to not get invested in a certain way in the game.

4. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

Good to know. That seems very different to how I approach it. I prefer to interact with scum reads. But to each their own for sure!

5. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I disagree that Nego going from "I have a negative gutread" to "MP7 has a volume tell" (paraphrased, but that's my understanding of what he was saying) is problematic, but I understand the point you are making.

6. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

This is the first post of Eido's that caught my eye. I'm still not really a fan of it. It just seems like a reason scum would use to town read someone else. But maybe I'm being overly critical.

7. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I’ll suspect Eido with you, M+7!

But if he’s town he is overwhelmingly more likely to die sooner rather than later.

8. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    What if I tell you that it's an approximately reasonable read to have on me?

9. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

Another thing that struck me as suspicious is that despite the fact that I voiced this opinion multiple times now, Eido never engaged me on it. I tend to think that scum are more likely to do that than town, all else being equal, because townies feel more naturally compelled to respond to incorrect suspicions whereas scum players just want them to go away.

But based on what Jan is saying, perhaps that's normal for him and this is also a nothingburger.

10. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I'm not super convinced that Vaimes is town. Or Tsaiah. This is why they are in that particular pile, sort of. Also that I expect to get there eventually if they are town. Sort of the same with Gemma. Jan should frankly have his own pile at this point.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Yeah that's just him.

11. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

Someone (I can't recall who, this might be worth checking) town read Eido for this. I guess I could see why, but I think Eido could feel this way and post this as scum as well.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Sorry, I would do a proper ISO, but in the interest of time I'm just skimming through here and throwing out thought vomit on anything I see worth literally any commentary. Hope that's alright.
    --- Post automerged ---

These posts very mildly didn't sit right with my gut either. I think it's just the general arrogance. Reads more scummy than not to me.

12. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    What about the arrogance is bugging you?

13. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

The best people pile?
    The honorary bird pile?
    [​IMG]

Look this one is something I had to do.. i .. can't stop myself all the time.

14. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

This reads a bit over the top and I guess contradictory maybe?
    --- Post automerged ---

Here's Eido's reads list. It is sort of boring. I do think that one pile is interesting -- the one I want to interact with him about including Stanari and Gemma because I've been town reading them -- but other than that eh.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Well, I think that's all I got. I can see a universe for town!Eido, but I'm not really inspired. I guess that's my beef with it more than anything. More an absence of what I think should be there than anything particularly scummy, although there are a handful of little things I think seem scummy.

I'm not sure how much of this is a result of the combination of Eido being legitimately stressed, trying to not play hardcore, and me not being familiar with him though.

My conclusion for now is that I don't feel inspired to lynch him but I'm not sure why anyone would want to keep him out of the POE strongly either?
    --- Post automerged ---
    You're probably right; I just don't like to ignore potential suspects even if they are tinfoil and even on D1.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Then I suppose I feel slightly less confident in that assessment, which wasn't strong to begin with.

15. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Order is not linear.

Wow I actually found a town before I died of old age?
    MP7

Something something lazy townread
    Newcomb
    Regfan

Imagine this is an uncarved pumpkin emoji
    Jan

:knife:
    Eido
    fonti

Unconvinced but unconcerned
    Vaimes
    Tsaiah
    Gemma

Popular scumreads zone
    Citrus
    Nego
    fenwicked

Please entertain me
    Nothing Happens
    Beruru

Hello?
    Miner
    Kai
    --- Post automerged ---
    I am good at editing my posts.
    --- Post automerged ---
    You are certainly not obligated to ignore him, but it's likely he will self-resolve if town and thus your energies can be better spent elsewhere.

16. Miner

Miner Order Member

@Stanari

Hai. Honestly my thread presence is just wonky right now, and I don't actually have someone that I'm just looking at like "yo their scum", because I have a hard time reconciling Citrus as scum and Nego and fen I don't know well enough to make a judgement purely on their posts because I have no idea what their ranges are.

But here's food for thought. Jari once said that I should not be read on logic, but on tone. So there's that.

17. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

Re: Eido, good to know, thanks. Maybe this could simply just be unfamiliarity and culture clash then.

I'm sort of with you; I feel myself cooling on my placements of both of them myself.

tsaiah may be a bit of a blind spot for me because despite wanting to hold her to a higher standard I can already tell she thinks similarly enough to me, so it might be difficult for me to get a fair assessment of her. I also might be a bit unfairly hesitant to lynch her D1 because I in part specifically joined this game per her invite. That's probably really illogical, but I'd be lying if I denied it.

I'm sort of waiting to update that read too until she can come back in here and update us on her current reads and such. Hopefully that'll be soon.

Regarding Vaimes, I need to dig into an ISO there for sure, even if casually. Not enough time for now. I'd be curious to see what you or anyone else uncovers there too if you get around to it first.

Gemma feels the best to me of the three, but even then I feel like a lot of that is tone-based.
    --- Post automerged ---
    You know, I'm not even really sure. Just reads smug, like a scum who feels confident enough in their thread presence and faking town to not be lynched.

It's just my natural inclination to read the tone that way, perhaps.

I'm not even sure this holds for arrogance in general or just Eido.

18. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    That can certainly be the case.

How do you distinguish between confidence and arrogance?

19. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

Well at least now I can tell myself I fairly gave Eido a shake. I've been wanting to do that. I don't feel super motivated to lynch him I guess, but I also don't really feel like he looks town.

Now I have to go to attend to IRL though. Unclear how much I'll be back... unfortunately. Super busy ahead of me. I'll do everything I can. I'll try to focus elsewhere.

20. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Posting more would help. Without knowing their ranges, update me on your Nego and fenwicked opinions?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Honestly, that's good enough for now lol.