1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The 100 Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Cobalt, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

So, you're claiming mafia?
    --- Post automerged ---
    I understand and appreciate your read.
    --- Post automerged ---
    This is essentially a "why would we lynch Newcomb day 1 when he's self-clearing as town" thing. Okay, maybe Beru is mafia, and maybe they haven't been very towny, but if I had a 1-shot Eido sheeplynch I don't think I would bust it on a slot that I knew I could read with enough time, especially with Stanari also in the game. All I'm saying.

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Psst, Beru goes by gender neutral pronouns now.

3. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Sorry. 8-ish years of she makes it hard to swap, I don't mean anything by it, but will try! Just muscle memory of sorts.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Yeah maybe not, but like.

I can't lynch Fenwick.

Kai just isn't playing the game in a way that makes more sense from him as mafia maybe, but hasn't ACTIVELY done anything I think is lock scum worthy.

And Beru is a lazy Bear, it takes threatening to lynch her to get her to spew out villageriness sometimes. That's a word, shut up.

I'm perfectly content to ram this lynch down her throat if she doesn't do things.

I just don't really have a lynch I think is better right now, unless I park on a Kai shruglynch that's likely to hit a wolf, but also likely to have thread dead until end of day because it won't make him do anything.

4. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I'll take that as a yes, then.

5. Eidolonic

Goddammit. I'm sorry Beru. I literally just did it after saying I'd try not to. Mafia posts are pure muscle memory to me, I don't even think about them once I decide on the read I have/thought I want to express, fingers just flow.

6. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Imagine my world, where Beru isn't a good lynch. I have literally no lynches to work with. It fucking sucks. I've felt frozen all game.

7. fontisian

That sure was something.
    --- Post automerged ---
    (So, propose a better lynch. But let a bear defend themselves.)

8. Eidolonic

If no lynches are good lynches, what does that indicate?

Either like. The game is just That Easy, and wolf morale is shattered, or like. Wolves are content, and we're getting snowed by one of Newcomb/Regfan, maybe Jan or M+7, or something?

9. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

If we're getting snowed then Regfan and Newcomb aren't even on the list, lmao. But yeah.

10. Eidolonic

I mean. Almost anyone else and I wouldn't really call it 'snowed', to be fair. Just d1 reads that were slightly off.

11. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Pls read the post you just responded to.

12. Eidolonic

I should dive into M+7's ISO and try to address some things, but I'm gonna be real.

That sounds exhausting, especially given it was 99% playstyle issues.

13. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Uh, if Newcomb or Stanari are mafia then I am completely and utterly snowed for life.

14. Eidolonic

Can you talk to me about the strength of your Stanari read? I can understand Newcomb, though I honestly have a bit more respect for his scum game than most people do. Sort of.

Rather I think he if was staring at a game with me/Reg he'd ramp it up out of pure pride instead of letting us lord it over him for eons.

15. fontisian

Gemma, you can't ask people to back off bears and not have an alternative. You can't want to lynch no one and then try to convince other people of that. If you want someone other than bears lynched, figure it out.

16. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I think there's something to be said for the general lackluster nature of his scumreads. I think he'd proooobably feel compelled to at least give some kind of cogent push somewhere by this point if he were mafia. Haplessness feels real. Is not a strong read but shrug.

17. Eidolonic

Tbh that's sort of the problem with playerlists this high of quality sometimes.

No one 'feels' like a good d1 lynch because they're either a strong player, or get more obvious with time, or are new to the site and trying to account for playstyle/culture differences etc.

18. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Yeah, officially last post I'll be able to make.

Would 100% lock Eido in as town at this stage.

Really think you'll find most if not all scum in [Fontisian, Nego, Tsaiah, Miner, Kai, Nothing Happens, Beruru, Fenwicked]. Don't really want any of Fontisian/Nego/Tsaiah lynched today, and as tempting as lynching Fenwicked is it's not the +EV play. So really think you aim in [Miner, Kai, Nothing Happens, Beruru] today here. Genuinely think that outside of a Jan/Vaimes+2 or Jan/Citrus+2 or M7/Citrus+2 worlds and none of them feel likely at all it's just a case of ezgame where scum have had no thread control and have mostly lost hope.

Think waiting until Bears posts and then deciding the lynch from there is a good idea. Have felt their play has been intentionally minimisitic in terms of reads and thoughts that are fully game related shared in some posts and think that makes even more sense as scum if just all of Eido/Newcomb/Fonti/Me etc are town and the first two are town and I have Fonti/Bears as unaligned. Also have kind of liked Fonti's recent posting here anyway?

GLGL

19. Eidolonic

Oh nah, I think he's almost lock town. I was just going to address some problems he had with me that are playstyle related and try to help him understand where I'm coming from, as well as answer a few questions. But they were pretty spread out through my read through/his ISO, and it almost feels like a chore, when I'm pretty good with where my head is at game-wise.

20. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I am currently voting NH. That wasn't the point, though.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oh hey you got there I'm proud of you.