1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The 100 Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Cobalt, Jul 8, 2018.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

It was. The game is in a good spot, you can unfreeze yourself.

2. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Jeez, I just realized there's a kind of irony in my situation, voting for Nothing Happens.
    --- Post automerged ---
    The point was for other people to look for other lynches, not for me to look for lynches for them.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Just because I play town leader sometimes doesn't mean I have to do it all the time. :V

I don't even like playing leader, it's stressful and annoying and I hate that level of attention.

3. fontisian

No one posting now is going to bother, because no one else is attached to keeping Beru alive and reading them later. If you don't do it, it probably won't get done.

4. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

I don't like it that much either, I like to just be like. An active poster that works with other town reads to narrow shit down.

Unfortunately I guess that makes some people feel left out, which is never my intention, I just post with people that are around for the most part.

It's why I'm increasingly picky about playerlist, in a good playerlist I don't /need/ to go out of my comfort zone and be aggressive and leadery. I'm a pretty extreme introvert, even if it might seem odd given my confidence/arrogance levels.

Doesn't help tbh when I do try and take a step back I get called scum for not being hyper engaged, but that's not all that relevant.

5. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Am aware.

I feel fine with just raising my objection. Plus Stanari won't speak up for herself so I have to do it for her.

6. Eidolonic

Fonti, talk to me about Miner's Regfan scumread.

It doesn't feel real to me, but I'm not sure it makes him scum.

Like I legitamtely can't understand how he reads Regs iso and calls it trash or w/e it was, and spam votes him. It's over the top and ridiculous.

There's just some kind of disconnect in his play between how much he thinks he's playing the game and how much he actually is, I think? But I don't really know what to make of it.

7. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Mood.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Although I've been unusually passive this game. Hrm.

8. fontisian

Some context might be helpful. In the last game, Newcomb poked at Miner, and he responded with a hard tunnel. Newcomb was eventually lynched over it, partially because he was continuing to call Miner sure scum while Miner was being more towny.

So, either Miner is imitating that behavior as an easy way to get townread, or he took the wrong lesson from that game and thinks the best way he can read someone is by looking at their scumread of him and the best way he can lynch them is by tunneling on that point. I think the first idea would be pretty dumb, because he got a lot of backlash for it previously and was pretty close to being lynched. But, if he's on a bad team, he may have wanted to try something out there.

I kind of think him feeling like he's really playing the game is a town sign, rather than something he made up.

I think the actual scumread on Reg for changing around his miner read is pretty shitty, and Miner's thing against Newcomb had more substance to it? But I also had to push him in that game for reads, and use the fact that he was repaying a favor to me to do it.

9. Eidolonic

Yeah, I read the last game, and was pretty tilted by Miner's play/that Newcomb lynch.

One of the worst lynches I've ever seen, that just happened to hit a wolf.

This:

I can kinda see though. Like he really just doesn't get that he's not... trying to solve I guess. There's a lot of statements/comments, but very little attempts to figure out people's alignments from my perspective.

I dunno.

I don't really want to clear him for playing this way, but I also like winning mafia games.

10. fontisian

If we string 3 mafia lynches together for the next 3 Days, then we can casually mislynch Miner on Day 4.

11. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Yeah I think there's something to what fonti said about the disconnect from what he thinks he's doing vs. what he's actually doing being ~potentially a villagery thing. Kinda like Citrus assuming I was talking about the quality of some read on with that [x] doubt instead of me doubting that he actually had a read on it in the first place.

Just, like, if Miner's actually a villager here... idk, it's kinda sad seeing someone gradually go Full Fluffiness and transition into a meta where you village read them not on the quality of their pushes, but on the lack of it.

12. Eidolonic

Can you link that series of posts?

That sounds like my kind of jam, and Citrus is a read I'd like to firm up.

13. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Oh. My. God. You. Didn't.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also, fonti's post gets a 10/10.

14. Eidolonic

I'm lazy and don't feel like hunting, shh.

It sounds familiar and I want to see exact wording of stuff.

15. Eidolonic

Oh, the pun? I already forgot I made that heh.

16. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

@Eidolonic

17. Eidolonic

Hum.

I do like that. Quite a bit, yeah.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I don't think it's impossible for him to be a wolf, and assume you were talking about Miner there rather than the read, it is kind of ambiguous, but it feels pretty natural too.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Reminder to Voxx - M+7 and Citrus responses I need to get to before I crash. Taking short break, if anyone not Newcomb/Gemma is around, I'm down to chat, just @ me.

18. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I'll just be here, passively wallowing in self-hatred about the communication breakdown between Nego and me.

19. Eidolonic

Trying to ISO M+7 to find the things I want to respond to, and I'm regretting my life choices.

20. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Also, this is where I'm at with a little less than a day until deadline, I guess.

Gemma, Newcomb, Stanari, Regfan, Eidolonic )) ---- fonti - Jan - MP7 )) ---- Citrus -- Miner -- Beru, Vaimes )) [Kai] -- {[Nego], smiles, [tsaiah]} ) -- [fenwicked] ))

I don't heaps think there are any wolves left of the second double-bracket, and I don't super feel like there's more than 1 inside the braces, not because I have any unalignments in there, just because I think the team has a wider spread.

I wouldn't really put it past fonti to have me this pocketed, but every time I go to reassess on the read I just think, nah. I can't even articulate it except that she feels like fonti and maybe she feels less like fonti when she's mafia. It might just be because we're dating and I feel extremely safe with her but I don't think it's that. Then again, she did claim scum by saying that I can't toneread her when my read on her is entirely a toneread, so yeah actually she's definitely a wolf!!!

I'm actually slightly concerned that the reason I can't articulate it is because it's wrong, and I'd really like to be able to articulate it before end of day but I guess I've just been inarticulate this game and that's okay too.