1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The 100 Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Cobalt, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Dammit Stanari, we talked about this in wolf chat, we didn't want to synchronize our talking points.

2. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    But it looks more natural this way :(

3. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

What do you mean by surreal and what do you make of it?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Ahhhh my wifom detector
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'll at least throw down a super early reads list here before going to bed.

4. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Headed out for the night.

Bizarre, unreal, phantasmagorical? I can't believe it's an actual conversation that happened in this thread? I'm not making anything of it yet.

5. Citrus

Citrus First Year

M plus 7 can be town

6. Eidolonic

Forcing myself to leave thread for a while, given I'm spamming f5 before the game even officially starts. Kind of want an actual answer to the question about Citrus, Newcomb, then you can go back to shitposting for now.

7. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

Alright, reads. So here's where I'm at this early. Of all the active players so far in this game, I'm currently feeling...

Slight town:
    Vaimes

Very slight town:
    Citrus
    Gemma
    Jan

Null:
    Miner
    Newcomb
    Stanari

Very slight scum:
    Eido

Players are alphabetical within groups. Expect many more of these as the game progresses. Also expect the eventual elimination of null reads because null reads suck.

Vaimes seems the most willing to explore avenues of discussion so far, and to me it reads genuine in catching up as well as interacting in real time.

Citrus, Gemma, and Jan are much harder to determine, but GTH I lean more town than not based on overall tone and thread presence. Expect these reads to change though as they are pretty weak. My gut probably feels best about Gemma of the three if I had to choose.

The null pile I really just can't make anything of yet,. which sucks, but it is what it is and is to be expected this early I guess.

I don't feel like Eido was "frozen", and I don't ascribe to that line of thinking this early. Nonetheless, I noted that I didn't really like Eido's defense earlier re: posting versus being in scumchat as I felt it was a rather weak argument to make on someone else's behalf. I also just don't really get a sense that Eido is trying to push the game forward in any real meaningful fashion just yet, despite generally being in the thread, and that makes me quite wary given what little I've been able to surmise about his usual play. I wouldn't advocate a lynch of him by any means, but GTH he's the sole player to fall out more scum than not for me for those reasons.

...and that's it for now. It has been fun so far. I am very much looking forward to playing this more with you all, especially those of you that I haven't interacted with yet, in due time. Let's have a great game.

Be back tomorrow sometime.

8. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I said it before it was cool (it's pretty cool now)

9. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Gemma said it first.

10. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Meh, gonna have to punt on this one. Once I open the tap of actually thinking about the game, that's kinda all she wrote for the shitposting. Gotta ride the wave while it's there.

(What I'm actually doing is trying to reverse pocket you by getting you to think that if I were a wolf I'd appease you and make up something cool about Citrus, but since I'm being all loose and shitposting and blowing you off I'm probably a villager. <3)

11. Eidolonic

I'm that predictable eh.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Shut up, I have self control.

12. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Doesn't make it cool though

13. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

(I wasn't serious, and I don't like popsicles.)

14. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I was like, half-serious.

15. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Right before I started playing this game, I was doing this experimental solo game where I would just post by myself in one thread and say, “Cop Priest is a bad role,” and that would be the whole game. I did that in hundreds of sold-out games all around the internet, because I wanted people to understand that Cop Priest is a bad and not a good role.

Even after that one mash, we were still living in the shadow of Cop Priest, and that was difficult. Especially for me. People would come up to me in postgame and say, "Hi, Newcomb KaiDASH, we are all aware that Cop Priest is a good role," and I would have to tell them that it's actually bad. This happened all the time.

For many years, I tried to pay the Pope a million dollars to replace the word "Amen" with the phrase "Cop Priest is a bad role," but the pope wouldn't do it because he liked the role so much. Everyone loved that role.

It all came to a head when Bill Clinton Donald Trump said in his State of the Union address that Cop Priest was a better role than VT Leeroy and both Republicans and Democrats gave him a half-hour standing ovation. We all sort of realized that we needed to create something big, or this role would come to define us. And then I got an idea.

16. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I voted Stanari because she wasn't singing, and I'm not unvoting her because I don't understand her M Plus 7 vote.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'm also not drunk enough.

17. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Good guy Kai to the rescue, when Newcomb forgot to make the final scum-consensus edits to his post from scum-chat to the game thread
    --- Post automerged ---
    And with that I'm out

18. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

On the one hand, I feel like this is a really bad read on me. Thread presence and tone??? I made like, four posts??? What?

On the other hand, sure, I'm town, and Vaimes is also reading me that way, thread presence aside (lmao), and it makes little sense to put this kind of effort into the game this early, so, okay? I continue to like M Plus 7 I guess.

Also Newcomb can be town because I'm susceptible to reverse pocketing and tipsy and yay townreads.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Is it bad that I already know exactly how Regfan is going to enter thread and what he is going to say lmao.

19. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Don't remind us.

20. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

When youbwake up after 2 hours of sleep to read 2 pages of early mafia game and all that is left in you afterwards is the lingering feeling of regret for bein such a god damn nerd.

M plus 7 feels somewhat fake, but i heard that his style might result in raised eyebrows by some people.

And .. Can we expect regfan to enter the thread wasted with a tie bound across his forehead and a book about memes and how to fit in with kids these days under his left arm?

Back to sleep.