1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The 100 Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Cobalt, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Nego

Nego Banned

High Score:
    I didn't though? I said I was wary of it, not that I was reading them scum for it.

To me this seems like you're purposefully twisting my words.

Part of how I'm reading this is based on my reads from earlier. I'm not going to go into suspecting the people I'm town reading the most first.

When it comes to who I suspect it's those who were on the fenwicked wagon but also contributed into it becoming a real wagon in the first place. If Kai is a wolf, then the people who pulled the fenwicked wagon to a real thing are under the most suspicion. That includes Jan who played a part in making me vote fenwicked in the first place.

Added to this the possibility of Gemma protecting someone off the wagon and dying because of it, it's entirely possible the wolves were trying to shoot off-wagon as to not make the PoE pool smaller. It's obviously not known if that was the case but I'd be lying if I said the possibility doesn't affect my thinking.

Also, like I said at the end of that message, I'm going to continue working on my reads based on that detective work later. That means to say I'll be doing ISOs of the people I stated I want to look at to determine if they are wolves or not.

But please, go ahead and continue this if you must.
    --- Post automerged ---
    It has to do with the fact that the post I read as antagonistic from her made me really sad and unwilling to play the game at the time and I don't want that feeling to affect my read on her.

Though it does. And that's why I'd rather have people who actually know her and can read her well figure them out so that my personal problems with her don't affect the way I read her.

Though I must say her twisting my words just now makes me want to vote her 100%.

I think you missed my point and that's most likely my bad.

The post I made was just the first step. I worked on it during the Night and decided not to go too deep into analysing the people yet because of the upcoming night flip which I wanted to have there to factor in when I was to go to the next step.

The way I play is:
    1) Analyze final vote tallies, look into patterns, try to figure out a PoE for the Day based on the analysis.
    2) Go deeper into that PoE by ISOing them and try to figure out if my suspicion is warranted or not.
    3) Either push for a lynch within the PoE or look elsewhere based on my findings in step 2).

The vote analysis is just a stepping stone for me to use when I determine who I'm going to look at today.

Check my ISO for my last posts on D1 and navigate to the thread through it for Jan's posts. Jan offered me three names: Kai, Beru, and fenwicked. I ISOd Kai earlier and didn't see the case, then I ISOd fenwicked and felt fine with the lynch. But without Jan being there to advocate for it, I would not have gone and ISO fenwicked in the first place.

When it comes to Vaimes I meant it more like his vote there made the fenwicked wagon more valid and thus it contributed into making the lynch viable. Especially since Jan was voting with Vaimes for not only fenwicked but also for Eido.

Stanari still contribute to the lynch at a time that was crucial. The fact that she was on someone else for a long time is NAI imo but it does not mean that she shouldn't be in the PoE for her vote on fenwicked.

You're taking two different things out of context and trying to make them fit here.

Go ahead and lynch me today to see for yourself. I'm town but unable to play D3 forwards anyway.

You might want to read my ISO for my tiered reads list which I'm using as a basis for where I go with this analysis of mine. If you did, you'd notice I have both of you on the villager side.

2. Nothing Happens

Nothing Happens Squib

Can't sleep, but it's not like rolling around is helping.

I think the post already being brought up to suggest Newcomb was the bodyguard target is about equally likely to just get Gemma killed directly. Newcomb had already done the WIFOM dance about making it to today so I could see perceptive wolves looking at Gemma's post as, well, her being one of those protectives. The thought that followed from that was "who's good at role hunting?" but then I remembered you all play Witchhunt here, so I don't have leads in that department really.

I don't think Regfan was her target because of how she said he'd be readable day 2 - if she was going to pull off a save on him, there'd be no reason to read him.

I turned over Miner in my head on the day off and I'm sorry to him if he stopped responding to me thinking I was telling him off about his suspicion on Regfan by pushing the talk to today. I think I'm still at a town lean on his slot.

3. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Drunk and omw to my girlfriends (terible idea, I know), should be untitled and to this game in the nedt 24 hours.

4. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Hopefully by Uber and not driving...

5. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

What's the difference between "wary of" and "saw something potentially scummy from" except the strength of the read? This is a genuine question, to be clear.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Unvote

6. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

GG Gemma, gz on being alive Newcomb ^.^
    --- Post automerged ---
    @Empoof Hypuhhhh. Can we town together this time? I’m not sure cos Tsaiah was a bit scummy imo.

Either way welcome to DLP!
    --- Post automerged ---
    You know me. I welcome the spotlight.

Kinda sad that I got Miner’s slot cos it was obvtown alrdy, but then so was Jan IMO (hi dLGN!).
    --- Post automerged ---
    Anyway, on my way to the airport rn. I’ll have wifi there so I’ll be able to post just about normal from now.

My spicy scumread is

Vote: Stanari
    --- Post automerged ---
    In the twist of the century; I think I’m coming down on the side that’s not Fonti in the Nego-Fonti thing.
    --- Post automerged ---
    My reads are somewhere in the vicinity of

Newcomb
    dLGN (Jan)
    M plus 7

Vaimes
    Reg

Beru
    Nego

Nothing happens
    Citrus
    Kai << nulll

Empoof (Tsaiah)
    Eido
    Fonti
    Stanari

Just FYI =]

7. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    Vote: REGFAN

--- Post automerged ---
    Damn, that feels like everything I imagined it would be and then some!
    --- Post automerged ---
    Going to be at work for the next 9 hours and working briefly Saturday morning as well. Haven't read a damn thing yet so will be a while before I get into this but I'm looking forward to it - was worried I missed out on playing with all of you.

GL HF :)

8. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Do tell.

9. Empoof

Empoof Muggle

@Jarizok What's up homie! We'll see... I didn't like Miner's explosion at Newcomb at EoD1 when I skimmed it so right back at you. ;)

I've read the first 20-ish pages and EoD1 walls from Newcomb and Eido. I liked Newcomb Jan Eido, but I'm slightly worried that Eido is pocketing this slot. I wasn't super vibing with Vaimes in the early posts but I understand he's a rather easy read (also wasn't a big fan of Gemma around there so what do I know). Curious about the Vaimes scum win @Eido was referring to.

I'm going to grab some breakfast, take a shower and read the rest. I actually like subbing into scummier slots since it usually means I have to put in more effort and I'm capable of just bleeding town when I get going.

Really excited to play with this player list, there's a lot of dope names here. I'm pretty sure I know everyone but Citrus Kai and Nothing Happens and sort of M Plus 7 but he was in specchat after his champs game if I remember correctly.

I need to double check gif rules around here :devil: and get used to using correct grammar and punctuation.

10. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

sup empoof

Nothing Happens = smilefires fwiw

Talk to me about Eido.

11. Citrus

Citrus First Year

@Eidolonic
    Ok so, reason I ask (and what surprises me now). When I initially did it, you voted me, which I interpreted as more of a joking vote. However, you proceeded to keep me in PoE/scum-read me soon after (or claimed you didn't town-read me and almost by proxy therefore scum-read me). What's throwing me off is I strongly interpret the way you reacted as you thought I was trying to buddy you. Yet you have never mentioned that once, even when prodded for going into my detail over those events. I'm finding it hard to reconcile you not even slightly thinking I was buddying you. I kinda remember playing a game with you before where you were quick to draw the buddying conclusion, thus why I am confuzzled as to how if you're town it didn't even cross your mind?

12. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I think it makes me want to flip Kai but I don't think I actually want to flip Kai (yet?).

13. Empoof

Empoof Muggle

From what I gathered skimming End of Day 1 Tsaiah hasn't posted a lot and then was gone. I don't view Tsaiah as a player that easily produces townie mindset from the couple times I've played in mashes with them. I haven't read over their posts this game or read between whatever game he's referencing but it surprises me how strongly Eido feels about this slot.

I do like Eido's analysis on other players in his legacy and how he talks to his PoE in a "sorry not sorry" sort of way. A lot of his posts around End of Day felt good. But I'm aware that he's a good wolf.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I really want to read for a while so I won't be real time for a bit.

14. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I don't think mash Tsaiah is comparable to "real game" Tsaiah, FWIW.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Preemptive apologies if you already addressed this.

Why do you think the Kai case was based on bad reasoning?

15. Nothing Happens

Nothing Happens Squib

Hey, good to see you guys.

I still haven't slept and I'm kinda running on empty brain-power-wise. I feel like I need to knock myself out before looking at this again.

You mean in favor of the side that's not fonti? Or that you think Nego's side is worse?

16. Jarizok

The side that's not Fonti yes. There's some history of me always scumreading Fonti.

17. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Dude. Go sleep.

18. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

An yet, iirc, I haven't rolled scum in over a year.

19. Jarizok

That's what someone who finally rolled scum again would say.

But yh I wasn't 100% correct on you.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I guess you feel like you did in the hydra mash. But this isn't a mash. So who are you talking to out of thread this time? :0

20. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    That's...actually a really interesting read.

Obviously my mason partner Gemma!