1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Alphabet Game: DLP Edition

Discussion in 'Flash and Spam Games' started by Zeitgeist, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Lyrium

Lyrium Sent Back to India

A - Asterix and Obelix vs Caesar
    B - Buckaroo Banzai (strictly speaking, it's 'the Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai, Across the Eighth Dimension!', but let's not quibble)'
    C - Cradle 2 the Grave (it's not high-fly cinema, but it has Jet Li kicking ass and being awesome and that's enough for me)
    D - Desperado (same reason, but with Antonio Banderas, Salma Hayek and guns. Lots and lots of guns) - Agreed, one of the best opening scenes I've ever seen.
    E - Elizabeth. Everything in this film is beautiful.
    F - Finding Nemo (still jerks the tears as Marlin's story gets telephoned across the ocean)
    G - Gladiator. Does this need an explanation for it's here? And damn, I really wanted 'H'.
    H - House of Flying Daggers. Care not about plot, just focus on the visuals. Dayum.
    I - the Iron Giant; because the sound of an alien robot part being summoned became reason to cheer
    J - Jurassic Park III - my uncle had an old VHS, I must have seen it 30 times at least
    K - King Kong - Because we don't have nearly enough huge monsters being shot at at the top of sky scrapers.
    L - Love Actually. I can't hear the haters, I love this film.
    M - Memento (I almost forgot it)
    N - National Treasure. An Indiana Jones-y adventure, it has it all. What more could you want?
    O - Oblivion. Visuals and the concept (I still think about the layers in the setup). Tom Cruise, what else can be said.

2. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    B - Buckaroo Banzai (strictly speaking, it's 'the Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai, Across the Eighth Dimension!', but let's not quibble)'
    C - Cradle 2 the Grave (it's not high-fly cinema, but it has Jet Li kicking ass and being awesome and that's enough for me)
    D - Desperado (same reason, but with Antonio Banderas, Salma Hayek and guns. Lots and lots of guns) - Agreed, one of the best opening scenes I've ever seen.
    F - Finding Nemo (still jerks the tears as Marlin's story gets telephoned across the ocean)
    G - Gladiator. Does this need an explanation for it's here? And damn, I really wanted 'H'.
    H - House of Flying Daggers. Care not about plot, just focus on the visuals. Dayum.
    I - the Iron Giant; because the sound of an alien robot part being summoned became reason to cheer
    J - Jurassic Park III - my uncle had an old VHS, I must have seen it 30 times at least
    K - King Kong - Because we don't have nearly enough huge monsters being shot at at the top of sky scrapers.
    N - National Treasure. An Indiana Jones-y adventure, it has it all. What more could you want?
    O - Oblivion. Visuals and the concept (I still think about the layers in the setup). Tom Cruise, what else can be said.
    P - Pirates of the Carribean: Curse of the Black Pearl. Cap'n Jack Sparrow. That's all the recommendation this film needs.

3. wordhammer

wordhammer Dark Lord DLP Supporter

P - Pitch Black - the perfect b-grade sci fi movie

4. Meerkats

Meerkats Unspeakable

Q - The Queen - Just an all around great film.

5. Lyrium

R - Resident Evil (the series). So underrated, so full of awesome. Kill it, Alice.

6. ScottPress

High Score:
    R - Resident Evil (the series). So underrated, so full of awesome. Kill it, Alice.
    S - Shrek - Beacause ogres have layers

7. wordhammer

S - Shrek - Because ogres have layers
    T - Three (and Four) Musketeers, 1974 Lester version- back when being drunk on set was an advantage and the actors improv'd swordplay

8. AlbusPHolmes

AlbusPHolmes The Alchemist

T - Three (and Four) Musketeers, 1974 Lester version- back when being drunk on set was an advantage and the actors improv'd swordplay
    U - Up. I don't need to say more.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  9. ScottPress

High Score:
    V for Vendetta - Sometimes, I read the TV speech aloud myself. It's beyond awesome.

10. wordhammer

V for Vendetta - Sometimes, I read the TV speech aloud myself. It's beyond awesome.
    W - Weekend at Bernie's - no one knew that we needed corpse comedy until it appeared

11. ScottPress

High Score:
    W - Weekend at Bernie's - no one knew that we needed corpse comedy until it appeared
    X - X-Men 2 - Wolverine being badass

12. wordhammer

Y - Young Frankenstein

13. Lyrium

Y - Young Frankenstein
    Z - Zero Dark Thirty. I haven't seen it yet but want to along with some others on this list.

Next poster, pick a category...

14. wordhammer

BAD films (or that you thought were bad). Special rule: you have to have actually watched part of it.

A - Alone in the Dark - proof that Tara Reid as a scientist isn't even funny

15. AlbusPHolmes

AlbusPHolmes The Alchemist

BAD films (or that you thought were bad). Special rule: you have to have actually watched part of it.

B - Batman & Robin

16. wordhammer

B - Batman & Robin
    C - the Core - fun to watch despite some of the WORST ABUSE OF film-pseudo-PHYSICS ever seen

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  17. ScottPress

High Score:
    B - Batman & Robin
    C - the Core - fun to watch despite some of the WORST ABUSE OF film-pseudo-PHYSICS ever seen
    D - Dünyayı Kurtaran Adam, also known as Turkish Star Wars. There are no words...

18. wordhammer

B - Batman & Robin
    D - Dünyayı Kurtaran Adam, also known as Turkish Star Wars. There are no words...
    E - Evolution - a ghostbusters knockoff with David Duchovny, Orlando Jones and Julianne Moore at their comedic... nadir

19. Atum

Atum DA Member DLP Supporter

B - Batman & Robin
    E - Evolution - a ghostbusters knockoff with David Duchovny, Orlando Jones and Julianne Moore at their comedic... nadir
    F - Fear Island - because the conclusion was almost as ridiculous as the murder scenes

20. Lyrium

B - Batman & Robin
    F - Fear Island - because the conclusion was almost as ridiculous as the murder scenes
    G - Green Lantern - They took something potentially cool, an actor who is usually charming, and made it into a hodgepodge of unfunny, lack of interesting fight scenes, and just blah.