1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Alphabet Game: DLP Edition

Discussion in 'Flash and Spam Games' started by Zeitgeist, Mar 31, 2014.

1. wordhammer

wordhammer Dark Lord DLP Supporter

A - Alone in the Dark - proof that Tara Reid as a scientist isn't even funny
    B - Batman & Robin
    C - the Core - fun to watch despite some of the WORST ABUSE OF film-pseudo-PHYSICS ever seen
    D - Dünyayı Kurtaran Adam, also known as Turkish Star Wars. There are no words...
    E - Evolution - a ghostbusters knockoff with David Duchovny, Orlando Jones and Julianne Moore at their comedic... nadir
    F - Fear Island - because the conclusion was almost as ridiculous as the murder scenes
    G - Green Lantern - They took something potentially cool, an actor who is usually charming, and made it into a hodgepodge of unfunny, lack of interesting fight scenes, and just blah.
    H - Howard the Duck

2. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    B - Batman & Robin
    C - the Core - fun to watch despite some of the WORST ABUSE OF film-pseudo-PHYSICS ever seen
    D - Dünyayı Kurtaran Adam, also known as Turkish Star Wars. There are no words...
    E - Evolution - a ghostbusters knockoff with David Duchovny, Orlando Jones and Julianne Moore at their comedic... nadir
    F - Fear Island - because the conclusion was almost as ridiculous as the murder scenes
    G - Green Lantern - They took something potentially cool, an actor who is usually charming, and made it into a hodgepodge of unfunny, lack of interesting fight scenes, and just blah.
    H - Howard the Duck
    I - In the Cut; an attempt at high brow erotica blended with murder mystery. Not Meg Ryan's finest hour.

3. wordhammer

B - Batman & Robin
    H - Howard the Duck
    I - In the Cut; an attempt at high brow erotica blended with murder mystery. Not Meg Ryan's finest hour.
    J - Jeepers Creepers 2 - everything that made the first one fresh, original and compelling was jettisoned for formulaic crap

4. Gabrinth

Gabrinth Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

B - Batman & Robin
    H - Howard the Duck
    J - Jeepers Creepers 2 - everything that made the first one fresh, original and compelling was jettisoned for formulaic crap
    K - Kung Pow! Enter the Fist - More witless comedy have been seen, but this is tied to second

5. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

B - Batman & Robin
    H - Howard the Duck
    K - Kung Pow! Enter the Fist - More witless comedy have been seen, but this is tied to second
    L - Lost in Translation - Bill Murray. Nuff said.

6. wordhammer

I haven't seen it and it's well-regarded, so it'd be great if you could say more.

7. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

Wait, crap. I've just now realized they're supposed to be bad films, so I was confused by what you were asking about.
    No, it's a nice film. Quiet, slice of life for two very different strangers in Tokyo for different reasons. There are no spectacular, mind-blowing events. It's just nice.

So, yeah feel free to cross it out, sorry I misunderstood.

8. wordhammer

B - Batman & Robin
    H - Howard the Duck
    L - the Last Airbender - a solid case for never translating animation to live-action, and/or never letting M. Night Shyamalan adapt anything. Ever.

9. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    M - the Mortal Instruments - do I really need to explain?