1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Boy Who Fled by Happy Fingers - K

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Silke, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Silke

Silke Second Year

Title: The Who Fled
    Author: Happy Fingers
    Rating: K
    Genre: Action/Adventure/General
    Pairing: Unknown
    Summary:Harry Potter has not been seen or heard from for several years. One day he is found, or rather, caught. It's surprising really, how one little incedent can cause a chain of events that makes Lord Voldemort seem like a teddy bear compared to what's coming.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2789211/1/

Ugh, i was writing a really long review to post here but my computer thought it would be a good idea to reboot, needless to say i didn't agree.

15k words so far.
    One of the better new stories out there, certainly a new twist to the 'Harry runs away from Dursleys' cliché.
    He is powerful but not overly so, it has some good explanation for things not explained in Canon, but there is also some completely ridiculous explanations.
    Ah right, Umbridge has a sister which is infact as bad as she is, if not worse (and how that is possible i don't even want to know).
    Voldemort doesn't seem like your normal fanfiction villain throwing crucio's everywhere, but then again we haven't seen so much of him so far, Voldemort is NOT the main villain in this fic either so if you don't like AU's this is probably not for you, but i would still recommend you read it once.

Didn't know which category to post this in since it hints on so many things.

2. Avitus

Avitus Groundskeeper

link please? :O_O:

3. Silke

Silke Second Year

4. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I've liked this story so far, chapter three was a bit... I dunno, it was written well but I guess it wa boring seeing McGonagall's past just before she was about to die.

I like it though.

5. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

Seeing Mcgongalls past was pointless, but i like the stories and i really like the cliffhangers..

6. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

Is this a slash story? There's a warning on chapter two, and her other story is a slash piece.

7. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

The story's well written and all, but...meh.

It's sort of vague, i can't really get a grip on what's happening. I don't quite understand where the hobbits came from.

He also seems out of character, compared the the character that was built up by the author. If he's been trained to be a warrior or whatever, then it seems strange that he would take his incarceration so well.

He's been parted from his wand, but all he does is flash sly smiles, he doesn't bust a nut like his character would be more inclined to.

I'll put it on alerts...but i'll ahve to read more before getting into the story.

8. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

Story has a ton of potential, but way too many subplots.

9. Cell

Cell Gunner of The Black Poison DLP Supporter

Last chapter was so Effin confusing,I quitted before I reached the middle of that chapter.It's good that the Author trying to build their past selves but it's just boring when that happens.

10. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

It seems identical to Acerbus Angelus by Dalyon so far...painfully so.

Except for McGonagally dying and the odd yet 'whatever' Hobbits bit, it seems really similar.

11. Cell

Cell Gunner of The Black Poison DLP Supporter

12. darklordmike

darklordmike Headmaster

Man, this story is completely incoherent. It may be the most confusing fic I've ever tried to read. I can live with an author creating too many layers of intrigue, but this is just full of inexplicable nonsense.

Harry goes missing from the Dursleys at some point (age 9? 10? who knows?) and is rediscovered at the age of sixteen. He has apparently been part of some shadowy organization called The Association (or maybe they're the ones trying to kill him; I can't tell). Regardless, he's got a bunch of tattoos and has apparently traveled the world and learned advanced magic.

We've got OCs whose motives are incomprehensible, an unexplained secret organization, a Scrimgeour who's trying to cover something up and may or may not be trying to assassinate Harry, utterly confusing battles in the great hall, and a Harry that bears no resemblance to canon. A cornucopia of WTF.

And it's been officially abandoned for three years. Time for it to be laid to rest.

1/5