1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete The Broken Step in Front of the Hebert House Kills Scion by timtimestim - Worm

Discussion in 'Other Fandoms Review Board' started by BottledEntropy, Oct 16, 2024 at 5:42 AM.

1. BottledEntropy

BottledEntropy Squib

Title: The Broken Step in Front of the Hebert House Kills Scion
    Fandom: Worm / Parahumans
    Author: timtimestim
    Rating: Unrated, but I'd say T
    Genre: Humor/Crack
    Library Category: Other Fandoms / Humor
    Pairings: None
    Summary: The journey of a thousand saved Earths begins with a single step.
    Link: https://forums.spacebattles.com/thr...cion-a-worm-crack-fic.1188920/#post-105268523

The title doesn’t lie: this story is about exactly that and the events that led to it. I found this fic shortly after it started coming out, and I’m quite happy I did: it was a joy to read. The insanity escalates at a nice pace the whole way through, and it has plenty of solid humor sprinkled throughout, both meta and regular. It’s also around the perfect length: long enough to feel satisfying without running so long that the joke got old. If you decide to read it, you’ll probably breeze through it without any problems.

That’s not to say this fic is perfect as a whole. It is most certainly a crack fic, so your mileage may vary depending on how partial you are to crack. Furthermore, the story isn’t a 5 out of 5 from me because the last three chapters are a noticeable dip in quality: the humor doesn’t come nearly as often and it feels like the author’s just trying to fulfill the titular promise. (And the author keeps spelling Emma’s last name wrong: it’s the only persistent spelling or grammar issue I could find and both are mostly fine otherwise, but that misspelling was super distracting whenever it came up, especially since this is set well pre-canon when Taylor and Emma were still friends.)

Despite these flaws, I’d still give this fic a solid 4 out of 5. I wouldn’t say it’s deep reading or anything, but if you enjoyed Worm and are looking for a laugh, give this one a shot.