1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP The Bureaucratic Error by Iniga - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by aspiring_failure, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Yennifer

Yennifer Muggle

No, sometimes they are mind ( Not always, but I know cases. The best variant is to inform. In most variants authors don't answer - page is abandoned and so on. But you informed him/her you want to translate his/her fic.

2. Yennifer

Yennifer Muggle

Did anybody translate it into other language?

3. Drachna

Drachna Professor

High Score:
    I know that someone linked an epub up above, but if anyone's interested, the fic has also been moved to AO3. Apparently the author was getting lots of long essay like reviews and wanted the option to turn them off.

4. Mr. Mixed Bag

Mr. Mixed Bag Seventh Year

I’ve never seen an author that wanted less reviews on their work before. That’s wild.

5. Nevermind

Nevermind Headmaster

High Score:
    The AN at the end of the first chapter sure is something.

It’s still a good fic that I enjoyed reading when it first came out and was still updating, though, so I’m happy it’s somewhere more accessible. I might even give it a re-read soon.

The author is correct in saying they allowed themselves some digressions, though.

The scenes where, Remus, Tonks and company go into the muggle world stand out in particular.

I’d also say that the conclusion to events here compared to canon feels a bit too neat, but that’s as much personal preference as it is genuine criticism. And given that the story isn’t really focused on this particular aspect of the world, it’s nothing I’d knock major points off for. There are a couple of typos strewn throughout the chapters, but the fic is grammatically sound and makes for a mostly engaging read.