1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned The Chimera: More Snake than Lion by apocalypso - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by Zero, Mar 13, 2006.

?

How do you rate this fic?

1. Outstanding

42.1%
  2. Exceeds Expectations

46.1%
  3. Acceptable

8.4%
  4. Poor

2.2%
  5. Dreadful

1.1%
  1. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

I will take it into consideration...

How the hell did you come with a name like that?

Extra points to YOU if you give me an answer that in no way sounds insane.

:)

2. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Methinks he was thinking of Jar Jar from Star Wars.

Honestly though, whenever I am stuck with a name in one of the things I write, I just write the story and use some derivative of the word Oog

For instance

Oog
    Ooga (female)
    Oogarina (female)
    Ogg (male)
    Oogy (male)
    Oogy Woogy (male... maybe)

3. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Jhub Jhub is the name of Aunt Selma's pet iguana on The Simpsons.

4. Lord Necros

Lord Necros Slug Club Member

dude I ment basalisk not badalisk

5. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

Interesting...so, you get the extra points, apparently.

I'll have to take a raincheck on naming it Jhub Jhub, though...i've recently taken a fancy to calling it simply: TRON.

Cool?

Even more points if you know where i got the name from.

Necros...you spelled it wrong again. But no, i don't want to give him a phoenix/basilisk/griffin/snake. I chose Iguana because it's a lizard, so it should speak parseltongue, and because it will play no role at all. It will sit in the sun like all lizards do, and contribute absolutely nothing to the plot except for some sarcastic wit.

6. Lord Necros

dude can we atleast have harry go to a black sabbath concert during the summer

7. Rain

Rain Pirate Navigator of the 7 Seas

lol, I like the iguana idea. I've never seen it done before, and it sounds like it will be an.. interesting contribution to the story. ^^ (but I'm more than a tad pleased he won't have some magical iguana following him everywhere and having Harry listen to his "advice" like he didn't own a brain himself)

I was going to post this as soon as I spotted it, went here, and went through the whole process, review and everything, only to realize the author was a member of DLP when checking the spelling of the username. Like others, I'd assumed it had already been posted. My shame!

I really like this story. I'd type more about why, but I think you've recieved enough spaz-y reviews on FF.net from me already, so I'll spare you the pain of analyzing abilities. Only a 3-4 day wait? I can handle that. (On a second thought, I can't fricken wait!)

A good band, but isn't it a bit "out of character" of this Harry to have such a large involvement in the "muggle" world like that? I mean, when would he have the chance to get involved in "muggle" music fandom?

8. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

Yeah...i like the idea of a pet, but when it takes up too much of the story, me no like anymore.

Would you just so happen to be Shadowed Rains? I remember a mention of being spaz-y.

Come on, Necros...a little class would be appreciated. Black Sabbath? Screw that, mate, if you're going for that sort of music, then Pantera all the way!

9. Cell

Cell Gunner of The Black Poison DLP Supporter

To OOc if he suddenly just goes to a big concert when he never been to a small one before.Plus he can't just out of the blue likes Rock music,theres a whole other kind of different music to choose from.

10. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

Is something wrong with FFNet?

Everything seems to be working fine, except the hit counter, and maybe the review counter.

I checked my stats on Sunday night, and they were at 15,337...that number hasn't changed at all, when i usually got about 800 hits a day.

I can't tell about the reviews, but they've been stuck on 120 as well, and i usually get at least 2-3 each day.

Dunno.

11. Rain

Rain Pirate Navigator of the 7 Seas

Yeah, Mrriddler mentioned something about that on the Fanfic stats topic. They probably screwed something up on their recent upgrade. I don't check my own stats often enough to tell (not that I'd expect much change) ... but I don't think it's just you. A lot of people seem to be having problems.

Maybe you have to check the page or something? (I have no idea, really) Like with C2's, it doesn't show how many subscribers you have unless you go to the C2 stats page. (at least for me).. :? That probably wouldn't work. *shrugs* I have no clue.

And, yes, my FF.net penname is "Shadowed Rains".

12. Myst

Myst Headmaster

eh.. ff.net likes to have these momments just to annoy us.

Well it was a good story save for the Cho fluff. A tad early I thought but whatever.

Look forward to the next chapter.

@the idiot who suggested going to a Black Sabbath concert. Again it doesnt fit in this story. The music type doesnt fit him, let alone does he even take an interest in music.

13. Cell

I don't think there is a need for name calling,it's disrespectful.Let's keep this discussion clean,except when we're discussing about Ginny of course.

14. Mrriddler

Mrriddler High Inquisitor

Somewhere high, somewhere low and somewhere in bet
    Well, I'm at least a little better knowing that the stats mix-up isn't just me. Looks like only the hit counter is frozen as I can still get reviews. They'll probably fix it as soon as the staff get off of their lazy ass.

15. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

I'm getting irritated.

I have about 7,000 words on chapter 4, but it's pissing me off. It just isn't coming across the way i want it to.

I guess this is the thing about being an author. I want to post a chap up, people apparenty want to read it. Then again, i'm not satisfied with the chap myself.

Sorry, guys. I'm gonna have to rework this chapter. Maybe another week, tops.

My apologies.

Necros: Wasn't Black Sabbath broken up in 1996? They got back together for a reuinion tour like a year ago, right?

16. Cell

Take your time.Don't fret about us.It's the Quality that matters not Quantity.

17. harryboy111

harryboy111 Guest

but quanity is nice to

18. Cell

Quantity is nice when there is a good taste of Quality to it.If there is good quantity and not good qaulity, what's the point of reading the story if the Author isn't dedicated to write a good quality story for it'e readers to read.

Apocalypso is trying to do both,That's the kind of dedication he has to his fans.

Keep up the good work.

(Like to say welcome to the forum Harryboy111,Go introduce yourself to others in the Introduction forum.)

19. Lord Necros

I like how it is progressing but the broomstick's(ginny) death must come to pass at some point, otherwise can dumbles choke on a poisoness lemon drop? :mrgreen:

20. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

Nice praise, i agree though. There are dedicated authors who are dedicated to writing short good chapters, there are bad authors who write long crappy chapters (Vorlorn in my opinion), and there are those who do both, and that is what makes a great story..