1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned The Chimera: More Snake than Lion by apocalypso - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by Zero, Mar 13, 2006.

?

How do you rate this fic?

1. Outstanding

42.1%
  2. Exceeds Expectations

46.1%
  3. Acceptable

8.4%
  4. Poor

2.2%
  5. Dreadful

1.1%
  1. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

Bugger off...i have about 7,000 words on Incubus done as well.

When i get writer's block on one, i do the other...unless i have writer's block on both, in which case we're all fucked.

I once said that i don't get writer's block for Incubus. I've proven myself wrong...this chapter with the revel and the torture, is getitng a bit hard to write. I know i said it was just gonna be a PWP bullshit effort, but i actually like the story, and i don't want to post up some shit like that rap fic.

2. cu_cullen9

cu_cullen9 Second Year

good can't wait I'm having a bit of writters block on my story. but its cause i'm missing some infromation from some of my army manuals. once i find the damn fms i should be good.

3. Lord Necros

Lord Necros Slug Club Member

hey Yaargh any chance of a attack on the family that needs to get a vagina cork

4. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

Shit i honestly frgot most of what has hapened so far, it's been so long since you udated, but i see that your nearly done so i think i'll have to just suck it up ey? I'm hoping that you have Harry fuck Bella till she breaks then dispose of her in a manner befitting of a Ginslut death...am i hoping to much?

5. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

There will be a Harry/Bella scene, that i will say, but i won't have Harry dominating. Bellatrix will kidnap him, or something along those lines, and then it will be a make or break moment for Harry.

It's gonna take a lot of imagination to write, so i'm quite happy that it's quite far ahead in the future. I can't say anything about how she will die...it should be obvious that she will be the one to die - but i don't even know if she's gonna die immediately following the H/BL scene. I might have her lord it over him after he escapes,trying to make him blow a fuse and fuck up in a duel. Choices, choices.

Necros...if you meant the Weasley family, then yes. Vagina cork...heh heh...baby factory.

6. Patrik f

Patrik f Guest

How much is finished of the latest chapter?

I have taken to re-reading the story to remember what has happened :)

7. Lord Necros

Dude Vagina cork from mind of mencia Yaargh the one where he does the hindu store owner

8. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

You don't need imagination! You just need a dominatrix who is willing to roleplay *snickers*

But seriously, totally understandable about the updates, just as long as you get them out before I die of a heart attack at the age of 50 (32 years from now).

9. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

ALRIGHT!!! YEAH!

I UPDATED!!!

Let me know what you think.

Peace.

10. MysterioX

MysterioX Professor

WTF is happening :mad: :mad: :mad:
    I can't get to the 5th chapter. I have heard of this happening but this is the first time I am experiencing this fucking problem
    FanFiction.Net Message
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chapter not found. Please check to see you are not using an outdated url.
    New chapter/story can take up to 15 minutes to show up.
    DaMN DAMMN DAMN

11. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Fanfiction.net pretty much sucks. Their system is abysmally slow about processing new chapters. It'll show up eventually.

12. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I already nitpicked it over the mail.

I'll just say that the scene where Harry killed Grindelwald was rather cool, although I guess he could have just destroyed the surveilance tapes and left him oblivated (because he might need his services again in the future).

The part with Dumbledore is rather interesting too, glad you haven't forgotten about that plotline. So I suppose Harry will now go out disguised as Tonks and get his wand back somehow? We'll see I guess.

13. Lord Necros

Yaargh what the hell man why have the cliche shit of narcissa challaging for the black vaults

14. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Now, there's clishe and there's plain old common sense.

1) Narcissa is a Black
    2) She likes money
    3) Blacks have money
    1 + 2 + 3 = Narcissa challenging the will

15. jbern

jbern Alba Mater

It was a pretty good chapter. My only problem is that he steamrolls his opponents. True it was just Generic Wizard #1, Grindy Squib (nice touch btw) and Griphook. I just hope the quality of enemy improves. I like to see the hero(well maybe he is an anti-hero? er the main character) struggle a bit.

Keep up the good work.
    Jim

16. Shuujaku

Shuujaku Fourth Year

Nice chapter. I liked how Griphook turned out to be less than upstanding, don't recall any other fics having that done off the top of my head.

One issue: Grindlewald's wards? If he called in a valuable life debt to have them done, wouldn't they do a bit more in the way of protection?

17. Mrriddler

Mrriddler High Inquisitor

Somewhere high, somewhere low and somewhere in bet
    Wow, this was a long ass chapter. I only got to about half way but it has been a very interesting read. The depth and description of Harry getting his supplies were pretty much exactly what I would expect for a dark fic. The goblin scenes were excellent. The whole Harry-Griphook are chums '4eva' thing is starting to get more annoying than even the most inane of 'H Heart G' plots.

I really don't have anything to complain about. I don't know, jbern, I would disagree about the fights at least in this chapter. I thought they were excellent given the nature and atmosphere here. The idea is for Harry to be much 'superior'/almost super in his abilities hence enabling him to effect obedience without having to act. If he can't back it up occassionally by outrightly crushing an enemy here or there, he loses the 'dark lord's' ability to intimidate. A quick muggle style like kill here and there really works wonder. A challenge might have been nice superficially but it would have, imho, ruined the flow. But then I actually see the idea of powerful/super/immortal/godlike/virtually unstopable Harry as being an automatic plus rather than a possibly/likely negative. :p

That said, Yarrgh, you could think of (if you haven't already) non combat intensive fights/conflicts for Harry to have. There is such a thing as winning the battle and losing a war. You could easily have Harry win every single 'battle' but have problem winning the 'war' or 'wars' whatever those may be. Harry's character is perfect for someone who is overconfident in his own abilities, however right he may be, and neglect the larger picture or the value of alliance with someone weaker or...etc...etc...etc. Mehe, whatever, you probably know/are doing most of this so I'll just shut up. :p

Keep up the good work. I would complain about the delay but for obvious reasons I can't. Bugger. ;)

Last edited: May 20, 2006
  18. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

Very nice. I have a dislike for goblins, too. Probably because everyone seems to feel the need to have them love Harry, and Vice-Versa. I hope we get to see Voldemort's reaction to an imposter heir.

19. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

Very good ch.... a little confusing at the begining but it all worked out. I liked the twist with Griphook and the scene at the bank. Beautifully done.

20. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

MysterioX: That happened a lot to me. WHat you ahve to do is this:

In the link, right at the end is the page number. go to an erlier chapter, so type 3 or 4 instead of the 5, and hit enter. THen, manually skip forwards by a chapter.

Jim: he will definitely have trouble in the future. This won't just jump into super Harry. He will get more pwoerful, but he won't do the 'kill 30 DEs ni one go' shit. Inner circle will have his ass the first few times.

The wards on Grindy's shop are protective, such as anti-muggle wards and that sort of thing. Not to stop him from being harmed.

I killed Grindy off because it was a dead avenue for me. I pictured and wrote him as a guy running a slightly upscale version of Borgin and Burke's. THe only thing Harry would need from him was the trace bowl.

A lot of people seem to have misunderstood the last bit.

Dumbedore came to pick up the wand. 'Harry' was there, but it was actually Tonks, since Harry was at Cho's place at the moment.

Tonks, pretending to be Harry, tells Dumbledore that 'Tonks' is gone for the time being, and that SHE has Harry's wand with her, which she would deliver to Dumbledore later. 'Harry' produces Tonks' second wand then, and says that she left it with him just in case.

So, Dumbledore does NOT have Harry's wand. He expects Tonks to bring it by later on. This is where the spliot starts. He's moving to the CoS now, and Tonks might go with him.

Heh....depends on how the seduction scene turns out. That's gnna be fun to write.

I need help on that one: ANY LADIES HERE ON THE FORUM WANT TO HELP? I DON'T KNOW HOW WELL I CAN WRITE FROM A WOMAN'S P.O.V.

Please, PM me if you would like to help.

Last edited: May 20, 2006