1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Da Vinci Code

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Cupspeaker, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Lord Bill

Lord Bill ¯\(º_o)/¯ DLP Supporter

I haven't seen the movie, and I don't plan too, but I thought the book was interesting enough. I agree A&D was better, and not just because those last lines did make the book, but in general because I though it was better planned out and executed. Da Vinci Code got all the hype because of it's controversial themes, though A&D wasn't all that light of religion bashing itself. I certainly liked both well enough though.

2. Muttering Condolences

Muttering Condolences Card Captored and buttsecksed

Most of Dan Brown's books, while causing controversy and are only mediocre in writing style, are quite good. The depth and background information about certain topics makes for a good read. I disliked the movie for the same reason I dont like any of the HP movies, lack of accuracy. That and the fact that several characters did a piss-poor job in the movie. cough*Tom Hanks* cough.

I think Angels and Demons would have made a much better movie, lots of mass destruction, science, history and whatnot...good stuff.

His next book comes out next summer. Its called " The Solomon Key" I believe.