1. EXTENSION til the 10th - Holiday Flash Writing Competition
    Topic? Bah, just make sure your SETTING is HOGWARTS!
    CLICK HERE for more info! Now, damnit!
    750 - 1500 word count & Stories due January 10th
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

    Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

    New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

    READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Dark Lords Equal-T-Complete

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Johndoe022, May 4, 2011.

  1. Johndoe022

    Johndoe022 Third Year

    Joined:
    May 25, 2009
    Messages:
    109
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    OKC
    Title: The Dark Lords Equal
    Author: Lens Of Sanity
    Rating: T
    DLP Category: Time Travel
    Pairing: H/HR
    Status: Complete
    Summary: Years after the Epilogue things look bleak; Harry Potter agrees to go back to the Ministry Battle to change history for the better. Premise; "canon makes sense" though not in the way you think. Fight scenes, humor, romance, magic, and insanity.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6763981/1/The_Dark_Lords_Equal

    This story has time travel, ginny bashing and a badass takedown of dumbledore whats not to like. All types of win.
     
  2. Rhys

    Rhys High Inquisitor

    Joined:
    Sep 6, 2009
    Messages:
    597
    My prediction: this has a 80% chance of sucking and a 20% chance of being readable.

    Now to .... gulp.... test it.

    EDIT: Despite its early detractors I actually think it has a chance to become awesomely horrible after reading a bit of it ... onwards!

    You really need vision (or perhaps a lack of it) to appreciate a fic like this.

    EDIT 2: Finished it. Say what you will about it but I was entertained (it's not that I have vision I suppose, but just that I lack taste). Maybe it was because I was looking for a cracky fix, maybe it was because I've gotten 3 hours of sleep in the past 30 hours, maybe it was a little of both, but I can't in good conscience give it less than 4/5.
     
    Last edited: May 5, 2011
  3. Andro

    Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2007
    Messages:
    3,947
    What is there to like?

    This author is audaciously retarded.

    Audaciously retarded.

    1/5.
     
  4. T3t

    T3t Purple Beast of DLP ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2011
    Messages:
    176
    Location:
    Los Angeles
    High Score:
    3,164
    This was ridiculously terrible. The writing sucked, the tropes sucked, everything sucked. There was literally nothing redeemable about this fic.

    1/5
     
  5. Shymer

    Shymer Third Year

    Joined:
    Aug 21, 2010
    Messages:
    84
    Location:
    France
    That's a crack fiction. I really don't know why you put it for review.
     
  6. JimmyCranberry

    JimmyCranberry High Inquisitor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2010
    Messages:
    577
    I'm pretty sure it was meant as a serious fic. And it's trash.

    1/5
     
  7. FreakLord

    FreakLord Professor DLP Supporter

    Joined:
    Feb 13, 2011
    Messages:
    460
    2/5. It doesn't belong in DLP
     
  8. Shinysavage

    Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

    Joined:
    Nov 16, 2009
    Messages:
    1,951
    Location:
    UK
    High Score:
    2,296
    My hopes sank when one of the main 'qualities' of the fic is apparently character bashing. Then I opened it up and realised that the author has quoted other - crucially, better - fanfic authors as scene breaks. Oh dear.
     
  9. Psychotic Cat

    Psychotic Cat Chief Warlock

    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2009
    Messages:
    1,453
    Ship called "harmony."

    Character bashing is at the center of the fic.


    Makes perfect sense.
     
  10. Sesc

    Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

    Joined:
    Dec 20, 2007
    Messages:
    6,215
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Blocksberg, Germany
    1.5/5-ness aside, you forgot the pairing tag @OP.
     
  11. Perspicacity

    Perspicacity Destroyer of Worlds ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

    Joined:
    Nov 27, 2007
    Messages:
    985
    Location:
    Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    3,994
    Meh. A couple things lifted from my stories, yet I don't get a scene-change shout out? I'm almost offended.

    Edit: My bad. Missed it at the start of Chapter 4.

    Edit 2: Y'all are missing the point. It's a humor piece paying homage to many of the great fanfiction stories and ideas out there. It's a lot like watching Kill Bill and challenging yourself to picking up on all the Easter eggs. I think it's actually occasionally clever, for what it is, anyway. The bashing is a little tiresome in spots and there are downtimes throughout when the author misses his mark. A few decent spots bump it to the lower end of "Recycling Bin" quality. 3/5
     
    Last edited: May 4, 2011
Loading...