1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete The Denarian Knight by Shezza88 - M - Dresden Files

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Rehio, Oct 26, 2007.

1. KrzaQ

KrzaQ Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I know its not much of a review, but have Harry or other Knights thought of sending others denarians coins with space mission ship? As long as not connected to a human they shouldn't disturb electronics, and they would be far from reach of any human being on Mars or wherever.

2. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Problem with that is how would they be able to do it? It's not like any of the knights have that much access.

3. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Plus, an astronaught could pick one up.

Also, it creates the risk of Martian!Denarian :)

4. Kardikek

Kardikek Groundskeeper

Astronauts are allowed a package of personal belongings up, and I'd guess the white court or anyone of power has some pull on someone to make it happen.

5. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I think Shezza's timeline is a bit after the current books, since Molly was an instructor at Amanda's school before she came to Hogwarts instead of still being Dresden's apprentice. The fact that Molly had a presence at all means we're at least post-Proven Guilty.

6. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Yes, but do the knights trust anybody enough to give them a coin? Don't forget, the coins can manipulate people once it is near them.

7. Skeletaure

High Score:
    The ring wants to be found. Never forget that, Frodo.

Ah, Tolkein. In the end, everyone copies him. Even God.

8. fuubar

fuubar Headmaster

It's set after White Night. If you read back at the start when HP meets with HD, HD says that he had Lasciel's coin and that he gave it to the church after a few years of being locked in his basement.

Edit: I suppose I should say that it is set several years after WN. Who knows if Small Favor is going to be considered.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2008
  9. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

Dresden actually says that she is still his apprentice.

I asked Shezza the other day if there was any chance of Ivy and Kincaid getting to show up and he said he would love to but just cant find a reason to put them in it or a place to do so. I say that just means he doesnt need to stop with 3 fics.

10. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I'm pretty sure Small Favor couldn't be considered, since DR/DK wouldn't really mesh with things like Nicodemus getting killed by Potter instead of Dresden, Shezza organized the Denarians differentely from what Butcher revealed about them in Small Favor, and Micheal hasn't been shot up and knocked out of action. Some elements from Small Favor might get used, but the overall plot just won't work in Shezza's story.

11. fuubar

fuubar Headmaster

o__0 I didn't mean the actual events of SmF really, to be honest I don't really know what I meant...

It also really wouldn't work for the fact that almost all of the Denarian's were stuck without a host at the end of the book too. However, I wouldn't bet on Nic being dead in the actual series until I've seen a body. ;)

12. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

Fuck seeing the body I would want the noose. Burn the body to make sure he didnt hide the coin inside the body then I wanna drop that coin into the deepest darkest part of the ocean in a safe filled with holy water. Nic more than likely aint dead yet.

13. Shezza

Shezza Renegade 4 Life DLP Supporter

Ahoy, all.

The epilogue is up, which means that The Denarian Knight is officially finished. It's not very long, just setting a few things up for the next story and saying goodbye to Amaris.

About the coins in the spaceship idea- No. Just...no. I don't know what I'll do with Vesper's coin, although I want it to be put in a place where Vesper will find it derogatory and revolting.

For the time line of Dresden Files, DR was set a few years after White Night. To be honest, I'm actually a little regretful that I didn't exclude more of the DF-canon, because it doesn't fit well in the story and barely has a purpose. Some aspects of Small Favour will be included, mostly the newest Denarian's that were mentioned like Tessa and Rosanna, but the rest will be passed over. No Soulfire, folks.

As for writing past three. Dranco, there's such a thing as beating a dead horse. ;)

Anyway, thanks everybody for thier help and support and blah blah blah. You get where I'm going. I'll have the prologue of the Denarian Lord here either tonight or tomorrow morning. Later.

14. Ryuugi Shi

Ryuugi Shi Hierarch

Oh snap...no you didn't.

(Referring to the cliff-hanger)

15. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well at least I won't be waiting long for DL to come out >_>. So Maeve has another plan in the works, and Amaris was a spy... but was she turned at all by Harry, that's the question we need to ask.

16. Datakim

Datakim Chief Warlock

I should say that the latest chapter was great, but then I bet you knew that already. The discussion between Dumbledore and Harry was brilliant. I have never been a huge fan of the evil-manipulative Dumbledore so I find yours to be perfect.

I also liked the epilogue. Learning that everything was a manipulation of Maeve and that she actually wanted Amaris to be with Harry so that he would grow fond of her was a surprise. As was the end where it looks like Maeve has allied with Voldemort. Assuming ofcourse that the guy was Voldemort.

I wonder what Amaris will do now. She is still half-human and I would expect at this point she would actually prefer her father who loves her instead of her mother to whom she is just a tool. I wonder how Maeve would react if Amaris were to run away to Harry. :D

BTW. Whatever happened to Umbridge and the coin of the dead denarian?

Anyway I really look forward to the next story. Hopefully the prologue will come soon. Oh, and thank you for this story. On the whole it was wonderfull read.

Oh and Taure: I should say that I liked your omake for the most part. Though I think you made Dumbledore a bit too powerfull by giving him the abillity to actually command angels withough any apparant price. Other than it was an enjoyable snippet.

17. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Very very nice. Looking forward to the DL, I was wondering what you were going to name it.

I hope Harry doesn't turn too much OOC, he seems to be walking that fine line at the moment, with those lapses with both amanda and amaris.

I honestly prefer your characterization to your fight scenes. Both are excellent, but I love how the characters actually evolve slowly over time, instead of going from A -> B in an instant.

Right now, you and nonjon are by far my favorite authors.

18. Dethklok

Dethklok Order Member

The power of Christ compels him not to tell you.
    It feels like Maeve's scheming might turn on her in regards to Amaris. Amaris is half human, so perhaps the cold logic and scheming of the Winter Fae and Maeve may be starting to be a turn off for her.

Amaris knows that she was concieved just so that Maeve could get her claws into Harry, since as a powerful wizard and one of the most powerful Denarians, if not the most powerful one, his child would have much potential.

But being thought of as a weapon against Harry may alter Amaris's perceptions and make her choose her human side completely, since she did not make her choice in that regard yet.

You have Harry, and Maeve. Two choices, and Harry seems like the better evil for several reasons. One, he has never used Amaris in a malicious way as Maeve has. Sure, Harry agreed to her conception in order to kill the Drakon, but he had no idea or any involvement in making Amaris a tool. Harry is foul mouthed and murderous and not an easy person to get along with, but in all honesty, Harry will fight for her, and that will probably be a underlying part of Denarian Lord.

Maeve basically said in the closing parts of the epilogue that Amaris was not needed because the plan to make Harry feel an attachment to her was no longer feasible for what Maeve wanted. So a problem could arise in that Maeve might treat Amaris in the future like a failed experiment, which would push her futher away from her Fae heritage.

Moving on, the wand wizard that Maeve meets with in the Nevernever.

It could be Voldemort, but it could also be another unknown wizard who could be gunning for Harry.

19. Skeletaure

High Score:
    Hmm...the idea was that I was playing up to the religious aspect of the spell Dumbledore used.

The spell is a psalm, and a psalm is basically a piece of poetry/song praising God. Michael - a servant of God - was not forced by Dumbledore to lend his power, but merely would always wish to do so by his nature. It was within his power to not aid Dumbledore. He just wanted to do so. Perhaps I should have explained it more, but I didn't feel that an explanation would have fit. Another thing that I wanted to explain but didn't think would fit was that the spell does have a power of it's own (faith magic), even if an angel wasn't around. Michael just ubercharged it.

/me pulls a MrJoe.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2008
  20. JoJo23

JoJo23 Unspeakable

Ooooh, good chapter.It'll be interesting to see how Amaris goes from here.

Incidentally I looked up Vesper in wikipedia so sate my curiosity and discovered she was one of the three star goddesses; Lucifer, Vesper and Luna. Therefore I can assume that Luna's craziness comes from her being a Denarian planning to take over wizarding Britain?