1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete The Denarian Lord by Shezza 88 - M - Dresden Files

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by XxEnvyxX, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Shezza

Shezza Renegade 4 Life DLP Supporter

Original stories

The one due in by Feb. is a small snippet of a series that I've been plotting on. That'll be at least 6 or 7 books, with the basic plots of most of them worked out. A lot of the staff is drawn on from the Denarian series, actually, especially the Words of the World. Language itself plays a central theme in the whole series.

I dunno how I'm going to distribute it, actually. I'd like to get a publisher if its good enough and try my hand on the book market (and prob. fail miserably, but still give it a try) but I'd also like to keep DLP in the loop. We'll cover that later, I suppose.

Any chance it'll have some similarity to what you put up in Original WbA? I quite liked the premise and since I recently reread it I've been wondering whether or not you planned to continue it.

It's very similar to what I posted, although quite a bit different as well. The two main characters remain but I've changed personalities and plots to make it...less crap.

2. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

I can respect that. I'm doing world-building myself for a supernatural original and it's unsuprisingly hard to find things on Israeli military protocol for the main character.

You too.

3. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I honestly played around with this idea for quite a while back around the ending of DK. I think I talked to Mindless and Zombie about it, but at the time I really couldn't get an idea that truly 'clicked' with me.

Now could be an interesting time to look at it again, but I really don't think I can be fucked. Go for it if you want.

4. Agnostics Puppet

Agnostics Puppet Professor

I wish you the best of luck then. I have an original work of my own in progress, but as I said in another thread, my muse seems to have shriveled and died.

C'est la vie.

5. AnvariX

AnvariX Second Year

Shezza,

I'll say one thing for you - the fact that you mustered up the strength of will to finish the story, even after having mentally moved on to greener pastures, is a massive testament to your abilities and dedication to your readers.

While the vast majority of fan-fiction out there is - quite simply - god awful, there have been those rare gems which are, often, abandoned.

So, I would like to simply say, "Thank you." Thanks for the wonderful trilogy, and more importantly - for finishing it for all of us to enjoy. I can't wait to read the epilogue.

6. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    As much as i'd love to come in and say "Stop sucking up to Shezza you faggot", I really do agree with you in some regards.

I know just how excited he has been with his original for a while, and I quite honestly look forward to reading it. It should be a great read. Especially if the D series is anything to go by.

7. Shezza

Shezza Renegade 4 Life DLP Supporter

Hey guys. I was unsatisfied with the last scene of the chapter so I've gone back and rewrote it. I personally believe it's better but your thoughts would be appreciated to.

8. Twisted

Twisted Guest

I've gotta say, thats much better. Although, tbh, I had no gripes with the chapter anyway :p

9. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

This is bittersweet. Thanks Shezza.

10. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah, the edited last scene definitely clears stuff up. Good improvement.

11. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

Shezza. You suck. NEED THAT EPILOGUE SO BAD.>:|

12. Vir

Vir Centauri Ambassador ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well, epilogue is posted. Shezza is a dick. Moving on.

13. KrzaQ

KrzaQ Denarii Host DLP Supporter

This epilogue, while fantastic, will make lots of people hope for another book. Damn, I know I will.

14. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

Im already wanting another one damnit.

Excellent work Shezza. Not just the last few chapters I havent had a chance to say anything on, but overall from word 1 of Renegade to the last word of Lord. Like so many others i wouldnt complain if you ever decide to come back to Denarian.

15. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

Damn straight. I find it hard to review something, but the Denarian Trilogy was perhaps the greatest fanfiction I've read through 3 years of searching. Thank you Shezza for this gift, you filthy whorez. :)

16. afrojack

afrojack Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I can't say anymore than has already been said, and I think you finished the series perfectly when all was said, done, and edited. :awesome

Thanks for writing it. I really enjoyed the last scene with Meciel, and the fact that Harry will indeed become a prodigious wizard in his own right with time, and even when he has lost hellfire, his magic by then will have exceeded even Dumbledore's(?) Again, :awesome

17. JWH

JWH Unspeakable

I'm sad it's over. Though it'll be nice to be able to read the Trilogy in its entirety now it's finished.

Great finish, I'm with the others in hoping for sequel/omakes but yeah.
    Good luck with the original fiction.

Oh btw, nobody bothers to say it anymore because it's so obvious but 5/5.

18. Jibril

Jibril Headmaster

QFT.

Best of luck with the original works Shezza.

And thank you for this great series.

19. Garrus

Garrus Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

No 19 years later?

Congratulations man. The Denarian trilogy was absolutely fucking massive and actually finishing it is an impressive writing accomplishment. I'm going to miss your fanfiction forays, but good luck on the new series.

20. Twisted

Twisted Guest

Fantastic epilogue - loved how you handled the robed figure who approached Amaris, and the locket. Just enough plot openness to keep things satisfying, imho.

Been reading this for years man, got two of my friends into fanfiction on the back of this as well.

Superb work.