1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete The Denarian Lord by Shezza 88 - M - Dresden Files

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by XxEnvyxX, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Rym

Rym Auror

Truly an amazing series. Congratulations, and thanks are in order - It's been a absolute pleasure to read.

As far as the epilogue: I really liked Harry adding his name to the tome and giving it to Amanda. Brilliant.

2. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

Fine ending to an excellent series.

Is this the end as you've planned, Shezza? I know you said you were going to cease writing with the Denarian crossover (ignoring whatever extra chapters you say you might do in the future), but do you have any other ideas you might write after a well deserved break? Maybe a story outside the Dresden/Potter-verse?

3. Jigokuno

Jigokuno Seventh Year

Loved the ending. One nitpick tho.

"Your God"

What was with the "your god" at the end of Harry's letter to Amanda? Wouldn't it have been Your Fallen or The Angel who barely puts up with you.

4. Blazzano

Blazzano Unspeakable

Ha. Thanks for writing the trilogy; it's been a wild ride. I'm glad that Harry seemed to regain some humanity as the series progressed. He'd have been insufferable if he stayed the same as he was in the beginning, IMO. Well, whatever you do next, best of luck keeping the muse juice flowing.

5. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

It's an arrogant boast thing.

He's basically saying that she worships him as a god.

Christ, I can't believe that had to be explained.

6. MellowYellow

MellowYellow Fourth Year DLP Supporter

Great threelogy , glad to see you wrote it t'ill the end.

7. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

Jigo likes to nitpick.

8. Torak

Torak Death Eater

And that ladies and Gents is how you end a great Trilogy. Good work and good luck on your original stories Shezza. You're still a trap though :awesome

9. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This has probably been brought up before but 'DD + GG' ? Great ending though Shezza, magnificent really, but I just.. can't.. believe.. it's OVER. :headshot: What am I going to do with myself?

10. Torak

Torak Death Eater

Dumbledore + Gellert Grindlewald

11. azrael

azrael Professor

To be fair, it should probably be "AD + GG". Anyways, thanks for the awesome story Shezza. I'm sad to see it end.

12. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I already went fanboi on Shezza on IRC, so he knows I wuv this story. That said - here are a couple nitpicks for this chapter.

This sentence for when Amanda is discovering the tome of awesome does not read correct. It's kinda missing a subject.

"Subjected" to me seems like it should be "subjects". I could be mistaken though - and subjected would be the proper word.

Great ending and good luck with your original stories.

13. Sorrows

Sorrows Queen of the Flamingos Moderator

Absolutely fantastic, you should be damn proud, when you get some original fiction published, be sure to boast about it so we can all go buy it.

I actually did some Amanda and Harry sketches not long ago, I must scan them in sometime for everyone to laugh at.

14. Sageun

Sageun Fourth Year

Loved the epilogue, of course.

I honestly can't believe the trilogy is truly over, somehow. I guess I can only wait semi-patiently for your original fiction while praying you'll someday choose to continue the Denarian Trilogy.

Especially the end with Voldemort's horcrux (at least that's what I presume it to be) seems like it's begging for a sequel.

Very glad to hear it. My next question would then be, will you be posting drafts in Original WbA or would that interfere with your ability to sell the manuscript to a publisher?

15. Myduraz

Myduraz Headmaster DLP Supporter

The Denarian Blasphemy; a sordid tale about two lovers separated by God, reunited in hellfire to once again taste the forbidden fruit of Eden.
    HP/Meciel. :rolleyes:

@ Lady Sorrows, are they truly laughably bad or are you just shy? Either way, share 'em!

On a serious note, I applaud you for this trilogy. I can honestly say that it's the novel length story that I've enjoyed the most. There were a few rocky patches somewhere in The Knight and The Lord, but the series as a whole is still superb. The Renegade still remains my favourite though, even though The Lord really grew on me towards the end.

Good luck with the original work.

16. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

Congrats:

2 things:

1.) I'd like a bit more clarity on the nature of Meciel and Harry's relationship now. She can run out of Hellfire, but not immortality prevention? What's the timetable? Any new powers or abilities? Maybe a demo scene that ends with Harry saying "C'mon let's go back to beach, etc." That way we can see what's what and see him trying to process.

2.) More clarity on Voldemort horcrux reference at end. Is he trapped in there? Can he return? What's the deal? Too murky and indecisive. Darth Vader lives at the end of a New Hope, etc.
    That said, there are enough other bad guys, that I think you should get rid of him entirely. If you can't beat the antagonist at the end of an epic trilogy fanfiction, when can you?

17. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Shezza, I can't say much other than it has been an absolute pleasure reading this series. I'm both incredibly happy to see it done, and sad. The end of the series was really well done, and I fully intend to go back and reread them all now. (Up to chapter 14 of DR atm :p)

I've learnt to ignore the guy. He just writes long posts full of drivel if you try to argue with him.

18. Sageun

Sageun Fourth Year

Not really what I had in mind. I was refering to this:

All I meant to say was that it seemed a very typical ending for something where a sequel is planned (yes, I know that isn't currently the case).

19. DoWnEr

DoWnEr Second Year

Wow. Every time i finish a good long book i feel like this... so melancholy but in a good way. Feels great to have read such a great story but sad to see it end.

If you ever get to writing your original stories let it known so i can read it or buy it, depending on if you post them or send them to a publisher. I guess fanfiction is a great place to practice for becoming a real writer if you take it seriously.

With the style your used to writing though i think you should try for a teen genre book like the Alex Rider series. Hell you could even use your Denarian series as a foundation of the plot and just change things to make it original and more polished.

20. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Umm, do you really consider the Denarian series to be a teen series? It's a tad too graphic, and most teen series have the 'good' guy as the protagonist.

I definitely don't want to see his original idea dumbed down to teenager standards.