1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete The Denarian Lord by Shezza 88 - M - Dresden Files

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by XxEnvyxX, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Lies! She may be an Aussie but she's definitely not male. Look! I have proof!

Lulz. Taure, you shouldn't tell nasty lies like that to the newbies. It's not fair taking advantage of their ignorance.

Also, good chapter Sheree. I'm really enjoying the newest fic :D.

2. Modgudr

Modgudr First Year

Hmm... this just came to me - the God of the Dresdenverse, as Meciel portrays him, so it might just be a tad skewed, is not exactly the big Good guy on campus; he may not be trying a "redemption trick" with Harry and the Holy Blade, just making good use of whatever resources he has to tackle what to him is a bigger problem.

3. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Shezza is a girl. *points to Shezza's myspace*

4. Sagita

Sagita Fourth Year

I loved the prologue, it moves smoothly and it is awesome to watch Harry battle from the POV of the enemy.

The meeting Maeve had at the end left me hanging, I hope we hear more about that soon but I kind of know that it will take a lot of time.

Great fic.

5. Robo Jesus

Robo Jesus High Inquisitor

What in the fuck are "Dim Sims"?

This line should be "The cat stalking him came to a halt and hissed at him, a surprisingly deep growl coming from its throat."

"The flood gleaned" should be "the floor gleamed".

"The thing is, I don’t what’s going on," should infact be "I don't know what’s going on,”

"Her short cropped her" should be "Her short cropped hair"

Get rid of the "on" in the line "Obviously, not the buttons on I’d like to push".

6. fash

fash Seventh Year DLP Supporter

ARG! I want more, love the harry/tonks interaction and looking forward to see some of Harry's questionable interrogation techniques, and tonk's reaction to them. Get another chapter out soon!

7. Testament

Testament Seventh Year

Good, solid chapter that gets the ball rolling nicely. I liked Tonks personality and am looking forward to seeing how she works with Harry. You also got a decent reason for getting Harry back to Hogwarts which, I assume, will allow for Harry/Amanda interactions. All in all, a great beginning to what is promised to be a great final installment.

There were a few spelling/grammar mistakes but I'm sure you will edit them out in time.

8. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

It's what most people call the Chinese food they eat when they go out for tea.

9. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

Shezza, you had me worried. I thought you might be about to take another 2month break.

Harry and Tonks getting along was funny. But its also easy to believe. I guess even some 15 year olds are still a little too young mentally to understand Harry's sense of humor but Tonks is older and more mature.

10. No Earthly Clue

No Earthly Clue Third Year DLP Supporter

Great chapter, as usual. Though, I do wonder if you will have Dumbledore actually teach Harry something. Or will he go the way of just teaching him Voldermorts' past. I'm hoping that he will teach Harry way more useful things.

Loved the Harry and Tonks banter, hope we get to see more of it in the future.

11. X-Man

X-Man Second Year

I loved the over 9000 thousand line,

12. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Win. Plain and simple.

Note: If Harry doesn't fuck Tonks I'll be sad.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2008
  13. Robo Jesus

Robo Jesus High Inquisitor

I hang out with my friends, go to parties every now and then, and am a casual social drinker, but not once have I heard Chinese food referred to as "Dim Sims". Perhaps it never caught on as a phrase over here in California.:shrugs: Eh, point still stands though, not everyone is going to know what 'dim sims' is.

14. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

It's a type of chinese food. I think it might be an Australian version, because when I search for it I get Dim Sum.

15. Lucullus

Lucullus High Inquisitor

It's Order of the Phoenix, Shezza. 'Order of Phoenix' just sounds well, weird to me.

But yeah, I enjoyed the Harry-Tonks interaction too, and am curious to see what Dumbledore can teach Harry.

16. DarkObelisk

DarkObelisk Squib

Great Update Shezza!!

I'll be waiting to see what Dumbledore has to teach Harry. It would be cool if Harry ends up learning powerful light magic which he then boosts with Hellfire.

I'm hoping that Tonks happens to walk in on Harry sometime when he is questioning a person.

17. Synchro

Synchro High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Great chapter, Shezza. Wonder what Harry would say if Dumbledore asked him to stick his head in a pensive to view memories. That is supposing you are sticking to the horcruxes plot line of course. Should be interesting.

Btw, friction burns!!? That is one sick image...

Last edited: Jul 12, 2008
  18. Joe

Joe The Reminiscent Exile ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter ⭐⭐⭐

High Score:
    I'll be sad, too.

Great new story, Shezza. I'm gonna write you up a nice proper review soon, but until then, fucking awesome sums it up nicely.

19. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    <Filler><Filler>

20. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

This is wonderful - I love the Harry-Dumbledore interaction. The old man seems willing to accept Harry, without trying to change him. There's respect there.