1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete The Denarian Lord by Shezza 88 - M - Dresden Files

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by XxEnvyxX, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Datakim

Datakim Chief Warlock

I liked the new part. The interplay between Tonks and Harry was amusing to read. I liked it that she had a sense of humor about Harry's antics. Very Tonks-like there I think. Hope to see them working together more. Another witch for Harry to corrupt. :D

I am curious to see where you are going with Harrys "mission" to Dumbledore. The obvious implication is that Harry is going to torture this death-eater(or whatever) to force him to tell Harry what he knows about Voldemort. Will that actually work though? I mean I doubt ill have to repeat all that stuff about how torture does not work properly and how the guy would probably say anything to get Harry to stop. We all know that and so should Dumbledore and Harry. I wonder mainly because I am kinda hoping that Harry&Meciel will be a bit more subtle/clever than that.

Did Harry know how to use legilimency or such? I don't remember.

2. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Jon is right, a dim sim is the Australian version of a 'dim sum'. It's an institution over here. They're about half the size of your fist, vaguely cylindrical, consist 90% mystery meat to 10% pastry skin, and you can buy them deep fried, battered, or steamed. They are often served with the old favourite fish'n'chips.

To make sense of Fräulein Shezza's turn of phrase, just change one word:

The cat that had hissed at him emitted a small growling noise and began to stalk behind him, much to his amusement. “I wonder if it knows how badly I could turn it into a bag of sausages.”

Last edited: Jul 12, 2008
  3. Fuegodefuerza

Fuegodefuerza Minister of Magic

Eh, some nice filler. The bantering was entertaining to read, as always, and I guess this is just one of those necessary evil chapters. I can see why it gave you so much trouble.

Thanks for working through it and I look forward to more!

4. Azrael's Little Helper

Azrael's Little Helper High Inquisitor

If you want to make references to Chinese take-away food, Phoenix Claws are a decent option since it has a reference to both the Order and to traditional chinese cuisine. Personally I find that there are too many bones to put up with the trouble of eating them but they are rather tasty if you are bothered...

Albeit Phoenix Claws in red sauce doesn't have the ring that Dim Sims do.

5. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Bribery. Nice. I like it.”

It's not blackmail.

6. KrzaQ

KrzaQ Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Awesome work, I just hope you can get next part sooner. I don't mention quality because its on steady, highest level.

7. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

Awesome...

8. Demons In The Night

Demons In The Night Chief Warlock

Awesome start.

I'm looking forward to some Harry/Tonks smut. Make it happen.

9. Lucullus

Lucullus High Inquisitor

Is there any female characters that Shezza has introduced that we don't want Harry to bang?

It was like this with Maeve, Meciel, Amanda, Amaris and now Tonks.

That said, Harry needs to bang them. One at a time, or all at once. Preferably all at once.

10. Dethklok

Dethklok Order Member

The power of Christ compels him not to tell you.
    What about Charity, Amanda's hot mom? Harry doesn't like her because she's self righteous and annoying, but he does think she's a much hotter version of Amanda.

And as for wanting to bang Amaris...that's gross. She's his daughter. That said, her fate and her choice to embrace her Fae or human side will play an integral part of this final chapter.

Hopefully, Amaris will choose her Fae side and become the new winter Lady after harry burns Maeve to a puddle of cold goo for conspiring against him.

11. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Aha. This is DLP you're on, lol. We were discussing mum!Lily/Harry/daughter!Lily the other day in IRC...

Anyway, good chapter partial, pretty much everything has been said about it, other than update soon :p

And yeah, I had no idea what a dim sim is. Nor a dim sum.

Unfortunately, it also has the downside of being so obscure that only 1/10 people are going to have a clue what he's talking about.

12. SKsniper128

SKsniper128 Fifth Year

<_< right... continuing onwards...

yeah it would be really disturbing if Harry just turned around and screwed his daughter. Harry/Meciel would be pretty good though, if she could ever get her body back.

13. thisperson

thisperson Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Pro-tip: Try harder next time, retard.

:D

14. Cathal

Cathal Sir Nils' Right Hand

Lucullus, Dethklok, you guys completely forgot about Molly. That bitch is just asking for it.

As the matter of fact, a question to Shezza: when are we gonna see the rest of Carpenter female populace again?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2008
  15. Wisdom's Mountain

Wisdom's Mountain Sixth Year

I love the power Dumbledore is given in these stories. Most authors make him somewhat old and feeble, but here he is someone to be feared. Its pretty refreshing, really.

Amaris was hilarious, and watching Harry slowly care for here was expertly done. Very realistic characterizations throughout these stories.

16. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Quick question, I remember, back in DK, harry mentions that he cannot pull off a patronus? Why is this? From memory, a patronus only needs a positive emotion, not a light sided emotion.

Shouldn't the joy and happiness he gets from meciel be able to produce one?

17. fash

fash Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Maybe it's the same as his transfiguration? I mean hes having a lot of problems with simple transfiguration because of the hellfire/wand issue it could also apply to some charms? And the patronus is suppose to be VERY difficult if I remember correctly.

Or it could be Harry twisted evil mind that doesn't allow him to summon up the right 'type' of joy/happiness for the charm?

Btw shezza, MOAR??? :(

18. afrojack

afrojack Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Maybe Harry will have a unique Patronus that's been warped with Hellfire, either for pure aesthetics and badassery, or with extra power like actually killing them, though that would be like a hellfire version of a golden patronus, which may or may not be phail.

19. Datakim

Datakim Chief Warlock

It's not like Harry needs a patronus. I expect Meciel could easily protect Harry's mind from the dementor effect and also from the soulsucking thing. And the sword would most likely destroy dementors with ease.

20. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

If Harry did Have a patronus I wonder if it would come out as a bone wrym or not... I mean thats as close a animal representation as Meciel is. And she would replace James as a protective figure obviously.