1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete The Denarian Lord by Shezza 88 - M - Dresden Files

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by XxEnvyxX, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

What the fuck does Harry need a patronus for? He has the power of hell in his right hand and in his left hand he has the power of heaven. How much more could you possibly need?

There's always the idea that Dementors would realize what he is and seriously be scared shitless.

2. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I guess this is the point of JKR's answer.

The Patronus charm is quite a hard charm to master. The Death Eaters never bothered to learn it because they didn't need it, and thus can't perform it. Had they bothered, some may have been able to cast it, but they had no motivation to learn.

Same with Harry in DR/DK/DL. I'm sure he could cast it if he got around to learning it, he simply hasn't got round to learning it, because he lacks the motivation.

Hmm...I was never a fan of the position that many take of "Dementors can only be harmed by the Patronus charm... unless you this spell. Or that spell. Or are really powerful. Or..."

The whole point of Dementors is that they can only be harmed by the Patronus. That's the only one. Adding more cheapens them.

That said, in GoF Dumbledore says that the Dementors would join Voldemort because he is their "natural ally", so it's possible that Dementors would not harm Harry, not because he was a threat, but because they see him as one of them, effectively.

3. Datakim

Datakim Chief Warlock

Seeing Harry take out Dementors might be interesting. Are there any known magical ways of killing a Dementor in canon? I understand that the patronus charm only repels them? Would Harry truly and permanently destroying a dementor with say hellfire or more likely with the sword be a huge thing in the HP universe?

4. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

Well if they can be born then they can be killed...

Since there born in times of great despair, probably through some cheap lovey dovey era of peace or something is the only way to axe a few of them.

Woodstock probably thinned the heard.

The ultimate weapon against a demontor...

Hippies!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2008
  5. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

Taure what I mean is. That he wouldnt really hurt them. Just they realize that he is the host of a fallen angel. One of the Black Denarians. Wielder of hell fire. Etc.. As a result they are scared shitless. Wouldnt you be?

They have always seemed like demons to me. It makes sense to me that Dementors if they are demons would know what the fallen are.

6. Datakim

Datakim Chief Warlock

In DK Harry actually refers to them as "lesser daemons" and you would expect him to know. I suppose they might see a fallen as somekind of "superiour" and show fear and respect.

They certainly should fear the sword of the cross since its purpose is to destroy things like them. Even if magic cannot truly kill dementors, after all the buildup we have read about the immense powers of the holy swords, it certainly should.

Damn, now I really want to read a scene where Harry impales a dementor with the sword and causes it to explode in a burst of light to the astonishment of everyone. :p

7. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

Probably just make them catch fire or something like it does in the books.

They might be able to recover from that.

And just because there demons( lesser or not) doesn't mean they would bow down to a fallen. I mean if that logic held true then all lesser demons would scramble at Harry's feet obeying his every will as an emissary of Meciel.

Chauncey comes to mind... Is that his name?

8. Datakim

Datakim Chief Warlock

Uhh, I must have missed this. When did it happen?

I suppose they might not bow, but assuming they know about the fallen (and you would think they would) they should realise that their powers would not work on the host. And with their soulsuckin&fearcausing abilities neutralised, the dementors are practically helpless since they have no other form of attack. That should be sufficient cause for fear.

9. XxEnvyxX

XxEnvyxX Groundskeeper

Regarding the discussion hellfire vs. soulfire, I'm pretty sure what I would use...

Dementors "eat" souls, who knows what they could do to soulfire?
    Would be pretty interesting...hellfire, the souls of the sinners etc. (whatever) and so much suffering and dark emotions with a lot of hot flame behind it,
    they can't suck the power out of this, there is no positive emotion besides sadistic pleasure (...), it's like the opposite of the patronus charm.

But maybe you can get a Dementor to explode because of soul overload, you know? Eat and eat and eat and BANG!
    Confetty a`r la Dementor (ragged enough are they already)

10. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

in the books whenever the knights slice open a denarian or attack a vampire, they receive the blow but usually the blade transfers some kind of holy fire onto them...

Or atleast thats what I remember.

I never pictured the dementors as intelligent, more like a pack of trained wolves, that every now and then would find a tasty treat and pounce. ignoring their masters( the ministry ).

Obviously they can understand orders but I figure it would be like a dog owner repeatedly telling the thing to sit or that its a bad dog...

They understand a few select orders from training but otherwise there more instincutal creatures that function on their primitive desires...

11. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

I didnt say they would serve him. I said they would be scared shitless. They would be terrified at the thought of being face to face with an angel even a fallen angel. They would run not bow.

12. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Personally, I find it more logical to think that they are minor beings of the Outside rather than normal demons, especially considering their almost complete immunity to magic.

They wouldn't on the level of the Walker or Meciel, but maybe the equivalent of Chauncy or one of the Red Court legions. That could explain how they are immune to all but the Patronus Charm, which is basically their antithesis, and yet are impossible to kill by magic.

Sounds like your typical Outsider to me.

13. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

One way to know for sure and thats for Shezza to tell us in an update.

14. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Yeah, that could work as well.

15. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Too bad you won't be getting any updates for a while.

16. Samuel Black

Samuel Black Chief Warlock

Um, why? Can't really complain since he normally updates really quick, but is Shezza taking some time off or something?

17. Robo Jesus

Robo Jesus High Inquisitor

18. Datakim

Datakim Chief Warlock

Why is that Jon? Curious people want to know :)

19. Hawke

Hawke Squib

“Lord Meciel,” Harry corrected with a wry grin. “Meciel wasn’t always an outcast, you know. But let’s not get into the Blackened Order of Denarius at the moment.”

I just saw this...Shouldn't that be Order of the Blackened Denarius?

20. Random Shinobi

Random Shinobi Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Speaking of Dementors, what would happen if one of them kissed a White Court vampire?

Actually, now when I think of it, the Hunger enpowering White Court vampires could very well a possessing Dementor.