1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Oneshot The Denarian Variation by Shezza88 - M - Dresden Files

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by mike.90, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Well, I loved this, but that's really no surprise. I really missed this series when it ended.

Oh, and random note. With the Svartalfar from Jon's story 'Voices' being thrown in there in a cameo apperance, does that mean that the two stories take place in the same universe?

2. Lord Apophis

Lord Apophis Professor

Easily 5/5 especially given that I have not read the Dresden books so it was all new to me.

It works great as an omake to explain what has happened since the Denarian Lord and setting down the beginning of the plot for the next part of the series.

3. Juggler

Juggler Death Eater DLP Supporter

The beginning of this story, I think.

I give it a 4/5, but I haven't read Changes, so there you go.

4. Jeram

Jeram Elder of Zion ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This was a fun alternate look at things. Ignoring the various typos and such (I assume this must have been in a ridiculously short amount of time), it's nice to see Dumbledore ripping folks apart again.

4/5 from me

5. Sacrosanct

Sacrosanct Auror

3/5 for me.

I might be a bit harsh but I expected better from anything to do with the Denarian Trilogy. Still I think it was fun to read and quenched my thirst for deus ex machina.

I also think the premise that Amanda got pregnant was a bit I dunno... off. Considering that they would surely have used some form of contraception, if they didn't then her parents or even Meciel would have made her use the magical equivalent of a morning-after pill. Especially after the whole fiasco with Amaris.

And the whole "Surprise! It's another daughter!" was like poking a dead thing with a stick. I mean come on the guy already has one illegitimate daughter why add another one.

Still, it was fun to read but I would have liked to know what Harry was getting out of that safe. I hope it wasn't just money.

I want this to be an omake and not a sequel because the ending of the Den. Lord was just right and left me satisfied.