1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned The Doorway to Dawn by Kensington - T

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Mindless, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Alright. Everyone has their favorite characters and pairings for WoT. I don't think anyone is going to convince anyone else...so before another round starts...you're all winners and lets stop the arguing.

Further discussion of how incredible/horrible my fic though is acceptable.

2. PhantasmagoricBlade

PhantasmagoricBlade Backtraced

Saldaea, bitches! Got to love them Saldaean farmg
    ...touche, Korisava.

But Min gives it up a LOT more than once...doesn't make that her not only just a plot device with a pussy and legs, but a WHORE plot device with pussy and legs? It seems to me that Rand just keeps her around for some relief. If he tried that with Aviendha she'd kick his ass.

Min's fine as a physical relief, but I just don't see much romance in their relationship. It's basically, POOF!

"Oh, hi Rand, did I mention I fell madly in love with you three books ago even though we hardly talked and you were legally insane, and nearly brought a mountain down on our heads?" She placed her hands on her hips, which were covered by extremely tight pants, and did we mention she suddenly smelled like flowers, despite working in a stable all her life? "Now, get over here so I can provide some angst and foreshadowing with some annoyingly vague futuristic predictions and random colors that only I can interpert, and so you can get suddenly angry and I can take advantage of seeing a dead chick to rape you, securing my place as alpha wife in your growing harem!" She nodded firmly, tucking a strand of her suddenly curly hair that was somehow utterly attractive now behind her ear. "Now, I suppose I have to get off my customary insults of you. You're a woolhead!/sheepherder!/I'll box your ears(What does that even mean?)/burn you, Rand alThor!/'Insert insult already beaten to death in series!!!'

I think I'll stick with Cadsuane, supreme badass Aei Sedai, and repeat, "I don't understand the fever you hold for her, boy. Sure, she's attractive, but I just don't see where that fire you have for her comes from."

And people like the Turks and Russians have used steam as a main method of bathing for years, so I think Avi's pretty well covered.

Ya, Sorry, Kensington, I had to defend the only true ship of Rand from the forces of evil stablegirls/plot devices and dangerously near incestuous relationships.

I'm still salivating for chapter five, hit me up here, man! I heard you're getting a little French translated on your profile, so can we count on some Rand!Harry/Fleur? She'd be interesting, that's for sure. Or are you planning on hooking Egwene with Rand!Harry? I've always thought Egwene was a tad on the Sue side, myself...

3. Korisovra

Korisovra Headmaster

I was thanking Jordan when Egwene fell out off of the relationship radar. A definite Sue there. But honestly.....my favorite pairing in WOT? I think Rand should have boffed Lanfear a bit. Okay...a little more than a bit.