1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete The Dresden Fillies: Strange Friends by psychicscubadiver - M - MLP/Dresden Files

Discussion in 'My Little Pony' started by KrzaQ, Oct 21, 2011.

1. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

I was pretty pleased with the way it ended. Luna's "Royal Canterlot Voice" always makes me laugh. Plans for a sequel, too. :)

2. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This was a fun story. Was a little short, but if he's making a sequel then that's fine. I liked how the separation between our/Dresden's world and Equestria was explained, with the Nevernever and all. 4/5

3. KrzaQ

KrzaQ Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Simply put: awesome. Everything works out well, there are no holes in the universe or the plot, characters are spot-on (except for Dresden easily folding to Trixie's demands in chapter 9, iirc), it's just as light and fun to read as MLP's Equestria is to watch.

I keep my initial rating of 5/5 and eagerly wait for the sequel.

4. Legacy

Legacy Death Eater DLP Supporter

Fun little story, I'm really tempted to go read it over again now that its complete. Curious what he has planned for a sequel as well.

5. yhtomitrebo

yhtomitrebo Second Year

A neat little story with near spot on characterizations.
    The one thing that broke immersion was in chapter 4 when
    Dresden gave a wizards oath to not use magic, not even in defense of himself or others, to Twilight.

That was pretty OOC, and pointless considering how fast Twilight gave him permission. Remove that and its 5/5.

As is, 4/5 for the major immersion break.

6. KrzaQ

A sequel has been started; prologue and chapter 1 are already posted. Prologue was weird, but chapter 1 was the usual good writing.

7. Legacy

Oh goody, I was worried he wasn't going to start this till I forgot about the first fic.

Not entirely sure I like where this is going and all with the whole pony secret society Illuminati kind of deal but I will reserve judgement until I see more. Did we just finished up book 6 or 7? Can't remember which had him finding out Thomas was his half-brother and losing his hand.

8. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That was the sixth, Blood Rites.

I'm betting the dragon is Spike.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  9. Legacy

Oh most likely, on the other hand some part of me wants it to be an actual dresdenverse dragon just for the absolute hell of it.

10. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Dresdenverse Dragon would rip the shit out of anything that fought against it, Knight of the Cross excluded.

11. Aekiel

High Score:
    BAHAHAHA

New chapter. I lol'd like a motherfucker.

12. Legacy

Sad to say I did too, this is going to end so badly next chapter.

Also, any bets on what happens when Bob meets Luna?

13. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

Updated. More info on the Illumipony or whatever they were called, Pinkie is as Pinkie does, and the author seems to think that bb codes work on ffn. Overall a good chapter, more of a set up chapter than anything else, though. It mostly just provided back story and moved things along in Ponyville. Nothing major happened yet, but storms are brewing.

Actually, the whole scene at the end of the chaper was pretty funny. Each character was just so right I couldn't not laugh.

Last edited: May 8, 2012
  14. KrzaQ

Pinkie gasped dramatically and pointed behind Bon-bon with one shaking hoof. "Oh no," she whispered, her pupils shrinking in fear. "It's a distraction!"
    "A what?" Bon-bon cried, spinning around. Pinkie took the opportunity to filch a piece of candy (thankfully not wrapped) and quickly stuffed the sweet into her mouth. It was a piece of hard candy, thick with sugary goodness and flavored with a hint of raspberries and cream.
    I couldn't help but laugh. At work. It was awkward.

A pretty good chapter, with excellent characterization of Pinkie. The storm is brewing and I can't wait to see more.

15. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    You know what this sort of reminds me of?

Make A Wish's Mr Black.

He's just a bloke on holiday, and a series of con-incidences (or possibly not) make him appear to be something he isn't.

I like how Psychicscubadiver kept to the same basic book names as Butcher - two words, same length.

I haven't really got much to add, I do like it, and can't spot any huge flaws, but it isn't outstanding. Easily a 4/5, possibly kicked up to a 5 if this one is longer, and stays interesting.

16. KrzaQ

Another update. A good one.

I hope these fuckers behind the attacks will get 1000 years on the Moon sentence in the end.

17. Zed

Zed Third Year

I'm pretty certain this is at least partially a ploy by Celestia to use Harry to draw out this Harmony Society. Maybe not a thousand years on the moon, but I'm sure they'll get their just desserts.

I'm excited to see Fluttershy's reaction to Harry's new physique. It'll no doubt be the most hilarious of the bunch. AND BOB BETTER KEEP HIS TRAP SHUT.

18. KrzaQ

Updated.

You're right. 1000 years on the moon for what they do isn't enough. Painful death penalty is what they need.

19. Aekiel

High Score:
    They put the pony equivalent of Thorned Manacles on Twilight. They must suffer. Luckily, we all know a pony that is great at making others suffer.

20. KrzaQ

Chapter 10. I wish a long and painful death to these idiot ponies.