1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The-Fic-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named by Akamoroti - M

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Atram Noctem, Apr 2, 2022.

1. Atram Noctem

Atram Noctem Auror

Title: The-Fic-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named
    Author: Akamoroti
    Rating: M
    Genre: Humor/Romance
    Library Category:
    Pairings: Harry P./Daphne G.
    Summary: When life brings changes they aren't always for the good, though good is just a matter of perspective. Trying to make the best of the situation is the only option; fighting the situation only leads to trouble. Hogwarts AU. . . or is it? Hopefully, you'll laugh. #Take off your regular fanfic reading glasses
    Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/14015378/1/TheFicThatShallNotBeNamed

A surprisingly original and well written Harry/Daphne comedy/romance. Very lighthearted and enjoyable tone, with zero bashing, consistent characters, and tension that gets a long time to resolve. Overall, it's a pretty rare and unique story, easy to get into and enjoy.

The premise is that Daphne - one who is a far cry from the usual Ice Queen - is Sirius' daughter, and after he is exonerated, he and Harry move in with Daphne and her mother. Harry and Daphne absolutely loath each other at first, and the majority of the humor is them taking shots at each other, while they grow into their step-sibling relationship. After a while, just to spite Sirius and her mother who enjoy laughing at their rivalry, Harry and Daphne decide to pretend to be a couple. The lengths through which they go just to annoy Sirius are pretty hilarious

4.5/5

2. zugrian

zugrian Fourth Year

The tone and premise is all over the place, it starts out practically a crack fic and then reverts to something less out there. I'd argue that it is a Sirius bashing fest because he's a fucking asshole, and honestly most of the characters aren't likable. Sirius dumping Harry back at the Dursleys is some bullshit that canon Sirius would never do.

I get that it's supposed to be a 'slap, slap, kiss' type of thing going on, but some of the shit Daphne pulls makes me loathe her and confuses me why Harry would want to be in a pseudo-relationship with such a bitch, especially since she isn't supposed to be nearly as attractive as the typical fanon persona.

3. Atram Noctem

Atram Noctem Auror

It's a crack fic. Yes, Sirius acts OOC and as an antagonist, but in a comedic way. It's not a serious fic, so, no, that doesn't count as bashing, just ridiculousness. As for the characters, to each his own - I find them entertaining. Again, this isn't meant to be taken seriously or realistically.

4. zugrian

zugrian Fourth Year

^It doesn't really come across as a crack fic in the second half, which is my problem. Plus, it isn't that funny.