1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Flash

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Rahkesh Asmodaeus, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Not surprising, they gave it a lot of hype leading up to it, not to mention starting everything in Arrow, another very popular show. They had an audience sitting and waiting for it.

2. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Would it be bad if I started watching this without seeing Arrow first, do you think?

3. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

Not really. So far they have very little to do with each other.

There is one scene at the end of the first episode, that has to do with Arrow, but even without watching the show, it's easy enough to understand, and doesn't give anything away about Arrow itself.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  4. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Flash doesn't actually have anything to do with Arrow save for Barry being in 2 episodes. His whole origin scene from Arrow is fleshed out much better in the new show, so you're not missing anything really.

and ninja'd.

5. Fatality

Fatality Order Member

Some minor spoilers on the interaction between Flash/Arrow:
    Felicity (a character from Arrow) is going to feature fairly prominently in the next episode, but I don't think that should be too confusing. However, about halfway through the season there is going to be a major crossover event between the two shows, one episode featuring Barry on Arrow and one featuring Ollie on The Flash (hint - the episode is called Arrow vs. Flash), which I imagine might be somewhat confusing if you haven't watched Arrow.

Still worth watching Flash if you're interested, but honestly I'd also recommend just watching Arrow. It's a really good show, definitely one of my favourites.

6. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Jesus Felicity is hot.

Happy about Wentworth Miller, was getting tired of the budget villains.

7. Bucks

Bucks Headmaster DLP Supporter

Grodd! Their budget for this show must be immense.

8. oakes

oakes Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Wish they'd used that budget to acquire better writers. What the fuck was that with the ending
    that bomb chick getting shot
    . Talk about poor writing.

9. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Wondering how long they're going to lead us on wondering WTF is up with Dr. Wells and time travel. Like, exactly how long has he been in the current time with future knowledge? They're doing a very good job (intentionally or not, who knows) of not giving anything away as far as his origin, motives, etc. - and making us wonder which side of the good/evil fence he's really on. As someone above said, Tom Cavanaugh is badass in this part, cool departure from the nice guy he usually plays (eventually I'd better get Ed on DVD, goddammit).

Sad that so far the girl Barry has the most chemistry with by a longshot isn't even on his show.

10. AlbusPHolmes

AlbusPHolmes The Alchemist

Surprised no one mentioned this yet (I think), but in the episode preceding this most recent episode there's a reference (easter egg) to Kahndaq (I believe a jewelry store, or the gem Captain Cold stole). In canon Kahndaq is the home state of Black Adam.

Tuesday's episode was kind of cringe-worthy in most parts. The only redeeming part is the Grodd reveal.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
  11. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

Epic episode.

Reverse Flash.

Guranteed it's Eddie. Wells would be too obvious.

And Man of Steel line was funny tho, Wells knew the inside joke.

12. cash0maker

cash0maker Third Year

Loved the punch!!!!

About Reverse Flash, bit suspicious, cop receiving the threat, just after reveling his investigation to Wells. Hope he caught that.

13. Eyron

Eyron Seventh Year

I think it was Wells, Eddie seems like a cool guy though.

14. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Canonically Thawne is the Reverse-Flash, and I doubt the naming choice was accidental. Eddie does genuinely seem like a good guy though, so I'm curious as to how they'll spin it.

15. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Wasn't Zoom also the Reverse Flash? Zoom was paralyzed, had connections to Grodd, and could also manipulate time. His motivation to do the stuff he did was to make Flash into a better hero, too. All of this sounds like Wells to me.

16. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    This is the first time I've heard of this. The few Zoom origins I've seen were all of malicious nature and/or intent.

One in particular I remember had Thawne working in the Flash museum in the future, getting speed force and then proceeding to kill his family to research in peace, before hating the Flash (dont remember why) and then going back in time and messing up his life as much as he could, killing his mother, friend but being unable to kill Barry if he wants to avoid erasing himself.

Even if that's not the origin they're going for, Zoom has always been a clearly malicious antagonist whenever I see him. I'm no Flash expert, but I've read some of his series. Are you sure of what you said?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  17. Nosss

Nosss Seventh Year

Not sure if the following counts as a spoiler or not since it's comic book stuff but don't click the links if you want to avoid spoilers obviously!

I'm admittedly not the biggest fan of the comics, but I did some looking around earlier in the season and found this which implies at one stage he wanted to befriend The Flash

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Eobard_Thawne_(New_Earth)#Return_of_Barry_Allen

No idea what direction they'll take this though. There's also this which seems more like what Narf was referring to:

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Hunter_Zolomon_(New_Earth)

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  18. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

Didnt Wells mention a car accident with his wife too? Zolomon's wife had an accident too.

I think it'll either be Wells and we will all say we called it or I read somewhere a theory that there will be two Reverse Flashes, which would be awesome, or Eddie will end up being Barrys brother.

19. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

I read it on the Zoom wiki page, so I can't be sure of its authenticity, especially as I've never read the comics.

20. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Just saying: I called Wells as Zoom in the pilot.

Chiefly because I don't know much of the Flash side of DC comics and he was the only remotely feasible character I remembered... But yeah.