1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned The Girl From Whirlpool by SilverShine - T - Naruto

Discussion in 'Naruto' started by Howdy, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

While I would have enjoyed a good fight I don't have a problem with how it happened. For all Minato's power and skill, he is still young and compared to Orochimaru inexperienced. On top of that Orochimaeu was obviously prepared for Minato to show up and knew without some way to control Minato, he might not win a fair fight.

2. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

This is probably the first chapter I've been really disappointed in. Instead of trying something original instead we get an odd VotE redux mixed up with an Orochimaru super-jutsu that's superior to anything we see him use decades later in the manga.

Could have been much better.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  3. Al'Akir

Al'Akir Third Year

Last chapter was... really disappointed. We didn't see a really badass fight, all of us hopped for. And Orochimaru with his "Oh, you are nothing to me" was clearly one of the weakest things in that chapter. I dunno... but until last chapter I really enjoyed this fic. But know, it has a potential to became one of those "started good - ended bad". But hey, it's only one chapter, so everything could be just like before.

4. Synchro

Synchro High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Too much rambling, I thought. I simply skipped over a good chunk of the chapter and I don't believe I missed anything. The whole scene at the VotE was just corny - the author seems to have been making an attempt to bring some strong melodrama into the revelation of Kushina's jinchchuriki status, but it just left me disappointed.

Ah well, the next part should detail Minato's reaction and whatever they have to do to make-up their differences. But I'm getting a feeling that there's going to be a lot of romantic angst and drama in the coming chapters.

5. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

Eh. There's disappointing chapters in every story, it appears we've run into this story's.

Hopefully the next chapter will be back to the usual quality.

6. Inert

Inert Headmaster

Updated, and pretty damn well if I do say so myself. A bit angsty at times, but the humor in many of the scenes made up for it IMO.

I would have liked to see a little more hesitance from Minato when it came to accepting Kushina's status, would have seemed more normal, but nothing I disliked.

Good shit.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2011
  7. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

Agreed excellent update. Kakashi outsmarting the others and kkicking ass at poker was funny.

When Ren showed up and said your were trying to kill me I laughed. If minato wanted him dead he would be dead.

8. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

A good update, much better than the last chapter.

I don't know why the author is using the old, tired "Kyuubi destroyed Whirlpool" route since that's not supported by canon or even the background for this story, but maybe Kushina was just too distracted to correct Minato for saying it.

Looks like we're going to see Minato delving into sealing in a big way at this point. He needs to kill Orochimaru and become a daddy, after all.

9. Lion

Lion Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Just finished the released chapters in a day. Good fic with nice characterization and plot. I liked the way couples were done in the story.

10. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

This is great! I've seen the summary a couple times before, and always ignored it since it was Minato centric and I just went bleh. But I gave it a chance with the high praises DLP was giving, and I love it.

11. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

I'm a bit iffy at times as it looks like the writer prefers Kushina to Minato and even though Minato stated in the manga it was Kushina who made him into who he was, I was a bit iffy to carry on with how he was portraying it, but it's a good fic.