1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned The Happy Red Prince by LT2000 - T

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by LT2000, Jun 7, 2005.

1. True Story

True Story Third Year

Skipping would be nice....

2. Contempt

Contempt Third Year

Skip them. If its not important, and just mirrors cannon, I really rather skip to Fouth year.

3. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

4. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Things will be significantly different. For example, it won't be Ginny that gets possessed by Riddle's diary, and it won't be Lucius responsible for it getting into the school. But Harry will still get down into the Chamber of Secrets and fight the basilisk. Just that the overall outcome of things will mostly be the same. Sirius will still be a criminal after third year, but the circumstances of his becoming known to Harry will be different.

5. Contempt

Contempt Third Year

Still....skip'em. Get to the interesting part.

6. Old Nuit

Old Nuit High Inquisitor

Just mention what exactly happend no need to draw it out.

7. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

I agree...skip to the action...though touch on the changes a bit, perhaps in a reflection.

8. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Updated yesterday. Not my best work, but passable I guess.

9. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Another update in the works. Harry vs two trolls, gotta love it.

10. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Two troll's, eh? Is he going to drop them using hand-to-hand combat? Haha.

11. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Nah, but he does spray one with crude oil and set it on fire. Punishment for breaking his coronet with a club swing.

12. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Haha, nice. Burn, troll, burn!

13. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

For anybody interested, new chapter for this will be up tomorrow, followed later in the day by a short PoD interlude and a full chapter later in the week.

14. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

YEAH! *dances*

15. cmuylistoooo

cmuylistoooo Fourth Year

just read it...seemed like a lot of hinting hear and there....

16. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I can confirm or deny whatever you think you saw if you're interested.

17. True Story

True Story Third Year

Haephestus more powerful than Malfoy....interesting....I love this story more than Dakaath and that is saying something....How many years of Hogwarts are you going to fi tinto this story by the way? And is Malfoy still going to give Ginny that diary? Is Harry ever going to grow out of what I dub his 'sissy' state?

18. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I think he's already starting to become less a sissy, but he'll be a totally changed entity regardless in the sequel that picks up in the summer before fourth year. This will be the story where Harry completely embraces his celebrity and does things to amplify it rather than being a loser and just wanting to be 'normal.' Probably more arrogant, but more independent as well. No, Ginny won't be getting the diary, but it will get into the school and play a role. Ginny (and really all the Weasleys) will be virtually nonexistent in this story. Harry doesn't like them or want anything to do with them, and since the story comes from his perspective, they don't factor in.

19. True Story

True Story Third Year

I'm wondering wether or not Harry is going to become an animagus in your story since he is so good at transfiguration. I wonder if Draco is going to be able to keep up the tradition regarding the English branch of the Malfoy family. And will he grow out of his racist state or it's there to stay? Is or has Haephestus ever been a Death Eater?

20. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Haephestus Yaxley was never a Death Eater. He and Abraxas Malfoy (Draco's grandfather) were friends during Grindelwald's time, but that Dark Lord fell before they could really get into the fighting. His son was a Death Eater (the big blond that wrecked up Hagrid during the raid in the sixth book) but isn't really all into the Voldemort ideals in this story. He's just a rowdy sort that likes to fight and cause mayhem, and being a Death Eater let him. Yaxley Junior is going to get stuck training Harry to use the broadsword, and is going to sort of become a big brother to the boy, and spend the Potter money taking him out to gambling dens and brothels and introducing him to life's seedy side. Which is exactly the way he is, pretty much lazy and irresponsible, but always up for a good fight. This is why Lucius doesn't want Harry anywhere near him, since he's a terrible influence and his hakuna matata lifestyle already appeals to Harry. Probably not on the Animagus, since he's going to be a Metamorphmagus most likely and that ability negates the potential for an Animagus transformation in my universe. Draco will probably not change. I'm not into the idea that just being friends with Harry is going to redeem him and turn him into a good person. He is who he is, and Harry will just learn to live with him more that likely.