1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned The Happy Red Prince by LT2000 - T

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by LT2000, Jun 7, 2005.

1. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I know, the Dark Lord Lucius thing would have been where I would have gone had I placed Harry in Slytherin and opted for the darker path. Ended up not doing that, so Harry isn't likely to turn evil. He might still dabble in some dark magic here and there, but not enough to turn him into another Tom Riddle.

2. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

When you skip forward a bunch of years I have three big questions. Not who will get the diary and not if Harry will get a cool pet (I hope he does.) These are my most highly anticipated questions

My questions are: 1. What will Happen to Lucius when Voldemort comes
    back?
    2. What's going to happen during the Tri-Wizard
    tournament (same events, fight with Voldemort
    (hopefully he will get in some good blows this time...He
    did KNOCK THE SHIT out of that troll), etc?)
    3. Lastly, how will Sirius react when he sees his best
    friend's son is a little poncy git?

Anyway, I hope you update soon!! (I REALLY like this story (more than Dakaath even))!!!!! :D :D :wink: :wink:

P.S. Check out "Evil be Thou My Good" by Ruskbyte. It REALLY is fantastic. I didn't a THING about "Hell Raiser" and it truly blew me away. All you need to know is that they are some creepy ass characters.

3. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

Do you plan to update this soon?

4. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Only on Chap. 3 but I need to ask, what the hell's with all the asian culture references?

5. DGD

DGD Headmaster

You've been here long enogh to know Sera's prefrences. Hell, if somebody just signed up they would've been here long enough to know them. It's just something that's. . . err. . . known. :)

6. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

I understand that much. I seemed to have recalled him saying some more specific though and was curious. It seems to border on obsession really.

( Though the fics are still incredibly enjoyable )

7. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Not really an obsession. In that chapter he shopped at a Chinese apothecary. Didn't really buy anything particularly exotic aside from a cauldron. As for his wand...it was just an idea. I wanted to try something unique and not do the same Holly and Phoenix Feather mess. There's not very much Asian stuff in this fic actually. He's pretty much European aristocrat through and through.

8. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

It's definetly the factor that makes the story interesting. The aristocrat/cynic/prat about him makes the story inticing.. are you going to be updating it soon?

One other asian thing : The name of his pet.

9. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

I just read through this, and I still love it, but people MIGHT think Harry is gay. The plume in his hat, all the jewelry. He seems a little fey to me. Eh, I don't think it will be a problem as long as he isn't seen having gay sex, but someone should acknowledge it. They get into an arguement with him, and someone says, "FUCK YOU, YOU LITTLE QUEEN!! YOU LOOK like ELTON JOHN!!!" OR something. I don't know.

Anyway, update soon!!

10. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Eh...no matter how many times I keep officially denying that Harry is gay nobody believes it. Let them think what they want. And he would probably kill somebody for calling him a queer, and that just wouldn't be good. :)

11. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

When do you plan to update? This is one of my favorite stories already and it would be sad to see it abandoned.

12. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

...Probably sooner than later. I'm just having a hard time getting in the mood to write HP lately. A combination of my disgust for the recent books and movies and the current status of the fandom is largely to blame for that. I would rather write this than Dakaath though.

13. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Ought to be starting on the Christmas short chapter tomorrow. I have an exam to finish prepping for tonight or else I'd already be working.

14. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

How much longer on the Christmas Story?

15. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I'm...trying. I really and truly am. I've got writer's block on this chapter like you wouldn't believe. I will try to get it out within the next few days. I decided to just skip Christmas Day, since I didn't think anybody would care to read a scene about Harry opening presents, so this update will have the New Year's formal in it.

16. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

Yeah, we can all imagine Christmas. harry opens gifts and gets whatever he wants. I still think DUmbles should get more involved. THe only thing question is if Albus will give Harry the invisibility cloak.

17. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

He does give Harry the cloak, and Dumbledore is going to be at the formal. Being the Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot and Hogwarts Headmaster, it's only natural that he would be invited to a Ministry formal composed of wizarding society's elite, especially seeing as he and Fudge aren't on particularly bad terms at this point. So yeah, Harry will be seeing the old man in this chapter.

18. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

interested in seeing how harry treats dumbledore, i mean he's attacked him and treated him with moderate respect.

19. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I'm almost done. This chapter should be up tomorrow.

No ball in this one, as it turns out. Almost the entire chapter is devoted to getting to know Cho and her family a bit better. I've devoted an inordinate amount of character development to the Malfoys and especially Lucius, so I think it only fair to allow some other people a moment in the spotlight. Besides, some events here will have an important bearing on motivating Harry to do what he has to do with the Stone at the end of the year. Anyway, I'll be devoting the entire chapter after to the ball, where there'll be interaction with Dumbledore and Lucius, and maybe Tonks (she's still old blood as far as the Ministry is concerned, even if dear old Mrs. Black blasted her mother from the tapestry). If you're especially (un)lucky, then you might even get to see the first meeting between Harry and Gilderoy Lockhart. After that it'll be back to Hogwarts, and I'll finally get to introduce Yaxley Junior (who does make a brief cameo in this chapter).

20. Aura

Aura Seventh Year

More Cho? YES!! Honestly, i love the pairing to death and can't stand reading fics where the author bashes her 'crybabyness'. Hell, those authors are retards who think grieving should be limited to one week or something. Much like their stories, they have harry grieve sirius for one week, then get an epiphany, yada yada yada, insert lots of cliches here, yada yada yada...

/end rant Whoops... got carried away there. Btw, im not saying this to kiss Sera's ass. I liked Cho the moment she was introduced in PoA.

Good to know there's going to be a new chappy Sera. Now that you've updated this, you can update the other one! *cough* Dakaath *cough*