1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP The Land of Broken Roads - M

Discussion in 'Other Fandoms Review Board' started by Paradise, Nov 1, 2023.

1. Paradise

Paradise Paraplegic Dice DLP Supporter

Title: Land of Broken Roads
    Author: Ryan English
    Rating: Probably T as of now but M to be safe
    Genre: Coming of Age, Action, Drama
    Summary:
    The age of Man has come and gone. His bright and glorious works are ruins, his heritage scattered and forgotten. Vicious things now walk his empty halls and hunt his empty streets. Men are few in number and huddled far away on the last weary stretches of land that have not cast them out.

Yet new things awaken and old things change. Warmth may still return and light again may shine where doors have long been closed. New feet begin to tread on lost ground and beings more ancient than the sun behold and wonder: Do old mornings dawn again? Do old days return?

In the land of broken roads, nothing comes easy. For a boy like Dirt, there is no food but what he can scavenge and no shelter but what he can dig. If he wants to survive, he must find allies in even the most unlikely places, because in a world the wilds have reclaimed, there is no mercy from hungry jaws.

Link: https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/69480/the-land-of-broken-roads

Honestly the best thing I think I've ever read on RR. If I had to summarize it in an ign way I'd say it's like Studio Ghibli meets Dark Souls. A young boy awakens without memory alone in a strange and deadly world. He tries to survive and makes interesting friends along the way.

This is as far as I can tell at the current juncture not an isekai. 5/5 for now

Last edited: Nov 1, 2023
  2. Lamora

Lamora Definitely Not Batman ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Can confirm that it's pretty good. Reads kind of like the Jungle Book except in post-apocalyptic magic world. 4/5.

3. HowU

HowU Squib

High Score:
    In my opinion, this is one of the best running stories on RR right now. I’ve been a fan of this author since reading their previous work, but this one blows the ball out of the park with its unique and visceral storytelling, which seems out of place on a website infested with uninspired LitRPG power fantasies.

5/5