1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Last Airbender: Legend of Korra

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Zeitgeist, Jul 24, 2011.

1. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Book 2 will have a September 2013 release according to the new CC trailer.

Looks like good fun. I'm pretty pumped to hear the story of the 'first' Avatar.

2. Shouldabeenadog

Shouldabeenadog Death Eater

I was not too excited to see lots of "lets save the little airbender girl" snippets in there.

And then Wan Shi Tong busts in in all who "fuck you i'm an owl" glory, and I am reminded of exactly how pissed off he was at the Gaang, and the unlikliness that he will forget the insult done to him by the Avatar and companions.

Color me cautiously optomistic.

3. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Well, I'm not sure exactly what was going on in that trailer. I was glad to see that we got out of the city a fair bit though.

4. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Muggle ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Fuck, the new season still has Mako.

5. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    That was actually what sold me on this season. The Airbending Family has been my favourite thing about the Korra season, with all of the members being awesome and I welcome that the girl will rise to join the main group, if that happens.

6. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Meh, with regards to the girl.

But Tenzin? Tenzin is AWESOME.

7. Blorcyn

Blorcyn Chief Warlock DLP Supporter DLP Silver Supporter

Just to build on this, the new season is coming out Friday the 13th.

Here's hoping her first trip to the spirit world brings her out next to a something suspiciously like Jason Voorhees.

But, no, I jest. That would be awful.

8. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Here's a trailer with some new content. Looks good, but then so did the first season. God I hope they can keep consistent with their quality this time.

9. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    I suspect the new season will be much better than the first. The only reason the first was so awkward was because they were moving at lightning pace to squeeze an entire series worth of content into twelve 24 minute episodes. The next three books, despite being standalone stories, will likely take their time with character and relationship development, much in the same way ATLA did. Also, with so many episodes licensed, I'm guessing they'll throw in a hefty amount of ATLA-style filler... you know... like secret tunnels, pro-earthbending, and poetry readings.

10. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

First two episodes of the new season are out.

11. Red Aviary

High Score:
    Watched the premiere last night. A lot of the things that annoyed me last season have returned, like stilted dialogue and some odd pacing, both of which I didn't feel were in TLA. Mako and Korra were still pretty annoying, but I really liked Asami and Bolin. The new characters are interesting, like Korra's spirit-fundamentalist uncle, that hilarious businessman and the creepy twins, and I'm hoping to see more from them.

12. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

I really, really don't like Korra. She's a blubbering idiot compared to Aang. She's also a whiny brat.

13. The Sorting Cat

The Sorting Cat Second Year

My first, selfish thought was that they managed to ruin the whole chronology of HP:TLA in less than thirty seconds.

Well, fuck me.

Other than that, it didn't really blow me away and some parts felt a bit off. Still, the look is gorgeous and the conflict has a strong thematic basis. It will be interesting to see where they go with it.

14. IamCaboose

IamCaboose First Year

It fits with her character, though. She's cocky, and it's no surprise that after she was able to Airbend she'd go around thinking she was the toughest fucker around. It's pretty obvious that later on she's going to come back down to Earth. Hard. All that said, throughout the entire premiere, I just wanted to punch her and Mako in the face. Bolin is still cool.

15. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

,y main problem with Korra is that she has all the traits that I dilike in a male character, and in a female one besidesmthe annoyance there is the feeling she is just not worth liking, completely different from Aang, after seeing him for the first time, I knew I really liked that kid. Unlike the rest of the Gaang, who I disliked at first, really disliked, and ended up liking them as much as Aang, except Tooph, who I like even more.

I really like Tenzin, by far the best character in the orginal series. As much as Iroh, my favorite character in the original. But the rest? Except Asami, I diliked them, no hate, just dislike.

16. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    I don't mind Korra that much, even though she's whiny. I enjoy her 'I'm tough as fuck' attitude. Mako though... ugh... what a joyless fucking character.

Bolin is still the best part of the show.

Asami, as always, needs some more character development. Why oh why couldn't they have made her a genius engineer like her father? Asami banging out a new odd invention every week would have been such a great aspect to throw into the show.

At least Esna and Deska seem like promising characters.

17. oakes

oakes Unspeakable DLP Supporter

I'm still hoping that they'll give Katara a larger role in this.
    I dont think Katara would let the Northern Tribe invade the South Pole without a fight.

18. Red Aviary

High Score:
    Yeah, fuck Mako. Asami supports his shitty team, drives them around in her car, deals with his dumb ass and gets dumped, and SHE'S the one that's a "bloodsucking leech." And she doesn't even appear in the episode.

At least the conflict between Korra and her parents was wrapped up quickly. I was worried they were going to stretch that.

They're not being very subtle with Unalaq. Sitting in a throne in an empty room, cast in shadow and meditating? Might as well call him Palpatine.

As for the the Tenzin/Kya/Bumi argument, the way they were speaking felt a little immature, considering they're all supposed to be around fifty. I'd expect that sort of dialogue from younger people. Also I'm having trouble seeing Aang as the kind of father that would so blatantly choose favorites and neglect his kids, even if Tenzin was the only airbender. And lastly, Kya's "you're not as good as a bender, deal with it" line to Bumi? That's exactly why the Equalists are needed.

Speaking of Bumi, I'm kind of disappointed with him. They changed his appearance, first off. I liked his old look better. I don't like the voice actor they chose for him. And related to that, his behavior isn't as "wild" as I would've liked, nor is it serious enough for me to believe he was a successful military commander.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  19. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Muggle ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I haven't watched the second episode yet, only the premiere, but jesus fuck, I /loathe/ Korra. All of last season, I was ticked off at the Makorra ship because Mako is a raging asshole and Korra deserved better, but now they're pretty much equally awful and I"m like 'lol they deserve each other'.
    Also, the way she solves the spirit portal thing is absolute bullshit. She acts like a total cunt, and then succeeds anyways through deus ex machina. It's like if Dudley was the HP protagonist or something.
    Also, since when the fuck were Korra's parents head of the Southern Water Tribe?

And is it only me, or is it 150% obvious that the Uncle dude is the villain?

20. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    No, her dad isn't the chief of the southern tribe. They mention in episode three that the chief lives in the southern tribe's palace.

That said, he is *technically* the former prince of the northern tribe in the same way Yue was a princess. Which sorta makes Korra a princess. And that's fucking retarded.

I really really hope that this plot arc has a little more depth than that.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2013