1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete The Lie I've Lived by jbern - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by jbern, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Korisovra

Korisovra Headmaster

But if you throw an older, experienced, and decently intelligent professional Dueler, what was mostly luck might actually turn into a reasonably palatable solution to Voldemort's downfall. Not that mystical half-witted mumbo-jumbo that J.K used.

And 5/5, by the way. I'm re-reading it because I'm bored out of my skull, and the hat is even funnier the second time around. LOL Excellent job, Jbern

Last edited: Mar 2, 2008
  2. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

If you're reffering to Lily's parentage, it's common knowledge, and completely irrelevant. He has Wizard blood and Muggle blood, which makes him halfblood. The actual ratios don't matter, or there'd be 7/9th bloods. Sounds stupid, don't it?

3. mathiasgranger

mathiasgranger Slug Club Member

Good grief...it was a joke...albeit a bad one from the reaction of the fraction police. :p

Yes, I believe there was a similar rule in America in the early years that was widely held, the "one-drop rule" I believe it was called. Not exactly a flattering comparison for the magical world, but the parallels speak for themselves.

I'm a fan of this story I'd say 4.5/5...I still crack up when I think about Colin Creevy thinking he was jinxed to get pubes....

4. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

Sorry. Just gone 2am here, and I couldn't catch humour with a... really big net?
    So tired X_X

5. Vengashii

Vengashii Banned

Here's hoping I don't kill you.

6. mathiasgranger

mathiasgranger Slug Club Member

Haha sure man, I'll keep my humor to bitter and mean just for you. :rolleyes:

Thoughts by anyone on how the duels are going to play out with the next chapter?

Last edited: Mar 2, 2008
  7. Voice of the Nephilim

Voice of the Nephilim Death Eater DLP Supporter

He'll mop the floor with the Beaxbutons crowd, beat Diggory by a good extent, and have close duels with both of the Durmstrung students, due to their tutelage in curses outside the curriculum of "Light" magic.

8. Korisovra

Korisovra Headmaster

Nah, Jbern's too good to be that predictable. I'm looking for something humiliating for everyone, except for Diggory. The one consistency with this author is that it'll be funny as hell. I'm looking forward to something especially fun for Krum.

9. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

Considering their obviously well-planned and rehearsed cheat during the race, I'd be Very Careful in a duel. Get LOTS of extra judges and make sure the combats are being recorded in as many different angles as possible.

10. Voice of the Nephilim

I do suppose my outlook on what is going to happen will is fairly predictable, but it follows logically from what we've seen. I do agree, that while the Krum duel will be close, Harry James is going to leave Krum in tears by the end of it. From a pure dueling standpoint, it would seem the Durmstrang witch will be the biggest challenge.

11. Garret P.I.

Garret P.I. Backtraced

Feh... I wouldnt be surprise if the actual duels shook themselves out like this.

Harry shows up with his wand to the first few fights.. and just barely beats his opponents.

Then when he shows up to fight Victor... his wand's suddenly looks very different.

Prompting victor to complain and Harry to explain to the judges.

"Huh? You want to know why my wand looks different? That's simple. " Harry turned and smiled grimly at Victor. "You see... That wasn't my wand I was fighting the others with. That was just some old stick I broke off a tree out in the forest."

Harry paused, letting the news sink in.

"Yep... that whole time I was fighting them without a wand at all."

His grin got wider as the hat started cackling malevolently in the background.

"You see I've kind of been having control problems... mostly when I use offensive spells... I just can't seem to dial them back enough. Most of the time they just come out too strong for most people to be even able to block them. Oh well... don't worry, Viccy old bean... I'll TRY not to kill you in our match."

Having Harry beat the others with a plain old stick would be pure awesome.

However he's definately going to have to use his summoner on Fleurs frillies.

Snatch the knickers right off her... that's a must happen event... especially if the then tosses them to the hat so he can make crude comments about her.... maybe have the hat wear them like... a hat.

12. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

Thats funny. Thats more than funny actually. Im saying Harry probably doesnt win for the same reason he didnt win the first task. In fact I am going say he doesnt win any of them outright.

13. Voice of the Nephilim

With James' background, I'd think this would be the task he would have the best chance of winning.

14. fuubar

fuubar Headmaster

Garret that idea is pure win. That said I'll say that the most likely thing is humiliation and mass injury for all of the Durmstrangers (is that a word?), something lewd for the Beuxbatoners (sp?) and a normal fight for Cedric.

15. Korisovra

Korisovra Headmaster

That is pure win lol As for chances, I think he actually has a chance to win the pensieve, at least. A little logic puzzle for someone who 34+ years and so far, has a keen analytical (argumentative) mind. He's screwed with the staves, though

16. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

I just think he will end up being screwed out of it somehow.

17. fuubar

fuubar Headmaster

Oh I'm sure that he will get screwed over big time in either this, or one of the duels. However, after that happens the revenge is going to be even more entertaining.

18. Aerin

Aerin Seventh Year

Shame HJ can't use the Stave as a baseball bat/ cricket bat and belt the almighty crap out of them :D

I bet Karakoff has the Durmstrang students interfere by blocking the judges view for a few moments and throwing a trip jinx or something similiar at Harry.

I honestly shudder to think of what the Hat will say when the heavy stuff with Fleur comes around.

And I could honestly imagine HJ summoning her frillies in a fight and keeping them as "Spoils of Battle"

19. fuubar

fuubar Headmaster

Well when Jbern first said staves thats the picture I had in my head. Then again who's to say that they can't?

20. Korisovra

Korisovra Headmaster

If HJ did summon them in the middle of the fight, he'd have Dobby take pictures and use them to keep the hat in line. One pic per one un-interrupted date or somesuch lol

As for the staves, I don't think it really matters how you use them as long as your opponent is unconcious and concussed by the end of the match. So baseball bat it is!